Eoin Doyle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
Rumour on BM that we are after Eoin Doyle.

Clough went to watch him at the Crawley game

This comment added:

"Believe it or not, our biggest bargaining chip in this is the biggest player on our books, the higgopotomus!!! He would have to be included in the deal, Paul Cook thinks the world of him, they bust a gut in the summer to get him, cooky was fuming we nicked him!!"

Interesting, but whether we have enough dosh in any part-ex is debatable

Double whammy tho if this were to come off! :)

Paul Cook likes the Higster so maybe he'd take him on loan as part of a deal for Eoin Doyle, who is more than just a goalscorer; he's a hard worker too. As for Daniel Jones, the Oscar-winning Chesterfield defender, he won't be scared. He was sacked from Port Vale for punching out his captain Doug Loft so he can definitely look after himself.

What would be really grand would be if Chesterfield could be persuaded to have both Higdon and Chris Porter as well. He went there on loan last season so might have his own favourite peg in the dressing room already and I frankly doubt he'll ever play for United's first team again. Since they are also a defender short after selling Liam Cooper and releasing Margreitter they can have Butler and/or Collins as well. Happiness all round.

Paul Cook likes the Higster so maybe he'd take him on loan as part of a deal for Eoin Doyle, who is more than just a goalscorer; he's a hard worker too. As for Daniel Jones, the Oscar-winning Chesterfield defender, he won't be scared. He was sacked from Port Vale for punching out his captain Doug Loft so he can definitely look after himself.

What would be really grand would be if Chesterfield could be persuaded to have both Higdon and Chris Porter as well. He went there on loan last season so might have his own favourite peg in the dressing room already and I frankly doubt he'll ever play for United's first team again. Since they are also a defender short after selling Liam Cooper and releasing Margreitter they can have Butler and/or Collins as well. Happiness all round.

Aye yes that's the plan convince Chesterfield to accept our crappy left overs.

We will take Doyle and you can have Porter, McGinn and we will throw in George Long too.

I thought you were older than Three!
To be honest mate the dean/fjortoft was one I'd never get over but more recently I said if walker and naughton went I wouldn't go to the lane all season- I followed that up by saying if killa left too then I'd never go again...
I stuck to neither

To be honest mate the dean/fjortoft was one I'd never get over but more recently I said if walker and naughton went I wouldn't go to the lane all season- I followed that up by saying if killa left too then I'd never go again...
I stuck to neither
Been doing it since the 70s. others will tell you it started with Mick Jones in the 60s. We are actually living through the worst time to be a Blade.

Been doing it since the 70s. others will tell you it started with Mick Jones in the 60s. We are actually living through the worst time to be a Blade.

Jones & Birchenall in quick succession & it's been the same ever since.

It goes back further than that though, with the attempted sale of Hagan to the pigs.

What I don't understand is when we were in this league and even the league below in the 80s a lot of the old boys on here say they were good times, I know we won the leagues but come on,being in the 3rd and 4th division can't have been much better than this?

Jones & Birchenall in quick succession & it's been the same ever since.

It goes back further than that though, with the attempted sale of Hagan to the pigs.
Goes even further back when we sold Alf Common to Sunderland in summer 1904 for £520 and then 6 months later he was sold to Middlesbrough for £1,000!

I have it on good authority that Morgs went to watch Doyle prior to Chesterfield signing him and told the hierarchy to get the lad signed but it fell on deaf ears, if we do try and sign him now his price tag will have gone up a fair bit that's for sure!

I have it on good authority that Morgs went to watch Doyle prior to Chesterfield signing him and told the hierarchy to get the lad signed but it fell on deaf ears, if we do try and sign him now his price tag will have gone up a fair bit that's for sure!
Chesterfield can / will do business at £1m

Source : Paul Cooks mouth !

UTB

Not sure how / what Higdon might make to any potential deal but if it reduces price to £999,999 ..........

My Chezzy mate doesn't rate Doyle. He thinks this is a "lucky" purple patch.

UTB

What I don't understand is when we were in this league and even the league below in the 80s a lot of the old boys on here say they were good times, I know we won the leagues but come on,being in the 3rd and 4th division can't have been much better than this?
They were fun to remember as a youth but that was about it. It pisses me off when some old folk come on RS or here and state things like "been watching Blades for 60 year and that's worst I've seen them play ever". At that point you know they have dementia and need medical help. Just shut up you old farts.

They were only good because it was a complete novelty as a club, we went to new places and generally got promoted or relegated.

Any fun is long gone, and unless the manager wises up we've got more years of this rubbish.

UTB

If we did pull that off I would forgive every heartbreaking sale, and crappy transfer that we've ever done in my life time
selling beatie still riles me
I agree with them although to be fair I have never seen him play or even know what he looks like
just your standard ginger Irishman i suppose

Chesterfield can / will do business at £1m

Source : Paul Cooks mouth !

UTB

Not sure how / what Higdon might make to any potential deal but if it reduces price to £999,999 ..........

My point is if we sign him now for £1m we could have had him for a lot less had they took notice of Morgan!

Source: Morgs dad's mouth!

UTB

Rumour on BM that we are after Eoin Doyle.

Clough went to watch him at the Crawley game

This comment added:

"Believe it or not, our biggest bargaining chip in this is the biggest player on our books, the higgopotomus!!! He would have to be included in the deal, Paul Cook thinks the world of him, they bust a gut in the summer to get him, cooky was fuming we nicked him!!"

Interesting, but whether we have enough dosh in any part-ex is debatable

Double whammy tho if this were to come off! :)

If we can't afford a striker off Chesterfield then we have zilch investment.

I'm not sure he is the answer either.

Back
Top Bottom