Emotional

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barney

Reaction score
I don't care how many people read this I just have to post it out of respect for Wilder as I along with others was deflated after Millwall.

I know the job's not mathematically done yet, but IF we do get over the line on Saturday, it goes without saying that what Chris Wilder and this group has achieved in three seasons is literally legendary.

To go from league one champions in his first season, to a 10th place championship consolodation to now being on the cusp of automatic to the premier league has to be up there as one of if not the greatest feats the club has seen.

Wilder, I love you with all my red and white striped heart mate

I don't care how many people read this I just have to post it out of respect for Wilder as I along with others was deflated after Millwall.

I know the job's not mathematically done yet, but IF we do get over the line on Saturday, it goes without saying that what Chris Wilder and this group has achieved in three seasons is literally legendary.

To go from league one champions in his first season, to a 10th place championship consolodation to now being on the cusp of automatic to the premier league has to be up there as one of if not the greatest feats the club has seen.

Agree 100%. It's so close now that we can almost touch it. 3 years ago (that's all it is) we were stumbling and shambling to 11th in League 1. The club was disjointed, the fan base was divided, we were at the lowest ebb I (and many others) have ever seen. Now we're 1 win away from the premier league, and 2 promotions in 3 years. It's hard not to be emotional. There was a sting in the corner of my eye when I saw the "FT" flash up at Brentford today...if we're winning when the final whistle blows next saturday I'll unashamedly be in floods. It will be an achievement for the ages, and will cement Wilder as one of our very best ever.

Our differences have long since passed, and on this I agree with you.

Whatever happens, to be where we are this evening? Best time to be a Blade since my first game.

These threads need to be held off for a week.

But.. but..

To be in the position to dream, as we are (understanding we are all Blades and know suffering like no others).. what a time.

If it goes badly over next two games, then we take it on the chin..

If it goes well? Then let's see how the threads are..

AH YA BIG SOFTIE! :D

The achievements of the last three seasons have been legendary, but it doesn't mean that fans can't react viciously when the team decide for no apparent reason to step off the gas. I bet Wilder gave them pelters in private after the Millwall game, hence their reaction. If Wilder can, so can the fans.
Without the two most criminal cases sitting back (Millwall and Villa) we'd be mathematically promoted now.

Next week, same thing, just tear into Ipswich and tear them apart, we do not want it to go to the last day at Stoke

I remember not wanting Wilder as manager.

I remember sitting watching us go 3-0 down to Southend in twenty minutes and thinking how right I'd been.

What a twat I was.
After the first two games and performances of this season I reckon there were quite a few who thought he’d gone as far as he could with us, it doesn’t take much in football to think this. :)

What sets Wilder apart from many, many managers is the fact he isn’t stubborn and learns from his mistakes fairly quickly.

He’s still learning loads but if he carries on at this rate of knots, which I think he will then he’ll create a legacy at our truly remarkable but hugely underachieving club that will never ever be eclipsed.

I remember sitting watching us go 3-0 down to Southend in twenty minutes and thinking how right I'd been.

What a twat I was.

Jack had a mare - scored an own goal and we were 3 down in 15 minutes. I called the Samaritans, Tufty brought Coutts on, and the world has been a better place ever since!

What a twat I was.

I brought a friend over to Bdtbl for that game and, despite the performance and result, he was hugely impressed by the fervour of the fans and general sense of community around the club. When driving back to Liverpool after that game we listened to CW's post game interview on the radio and it was very clear that he was a man who knew what he wanted and had a good idea how to make it happen. He has galvanized the whole club and given us back our pride and sense of identity. Words cannot express how much I have been in awe of him when my young lad stops him for a photo in the car park.

I brought a friend over to Bdtbl for that game and, despite the performance and result, he was hugely impressed by the fervour of the fans and general sense of community around the club. When driving back to Liverpool after that game we listened to CW's post game interview on the radio and it was very clear that he was a man who knew what he wanted and had a good idea how to make it happen. He has galvanized the whole club and given us back our pride and sense of identity. Words cannot express how much I have been in awe of him when my young lad stops him for a photo in the car park.
And I got the 3rd goal shirt flingers shirt back to him

What a twat I was.
I don't think you were the only one. I thought having a fan as a manager doesn't work. We'd tried before and it failed. Then after the start we had, I thought things can only get worse. Never been so wrong in my life about anything.

Mate I’m borderline in tears at the minute any time I even think about what could possibly happen at the weekend, talk about emotional, this fucking team man
If (no presumptions) we get over the line, I'm going to be roarin' like a good 'en and the best part is I won't give a shit.

during the last half hour of work i was thinking about everything, guardiola & Klopp coming to bramall lane, the media coverage goes through the domestically & globally, £200m & its euro 2020. someone could sneak into the england squad with a decent season

i know about being emotional was driving home, then & song came on ipod foxes amazing. i had to skip halfway through wasnt crying but i could feel myself getting tipped over the emotional edge. because who in august 2016 when Southend ripped out defence to pieces 3-0 down after 15mins with half the team still here. we would here 2 & half years later

What you mean is when your lad stops him for a photo you want to ask if you can get one too, give him a manly hug and a "what are you drinking" cos that's what I'm thinking when I see him.

If (no presumptions) we get over the line, I'm going to be roarin' like a good 'en and the best part is I won't give a shit.

I’ll be crying because my grandad won’t have lived long enough to see it. Sadly died in December so saw half a season. I’m welling up typing this as I always do talking about the great man. Part of me hopes that he’s doing his part up there for us

Miss you grandad xx

And it was my grandads birthday yesterday so again, I’d like to think he did his bit for us all

I will just bask in the bright glow of smugness when we complete the job next week.
I've often been abused for my clapper stylee.told what a shit forecaster I was
And a deluded fool from certain posters

But next week all that disappears as we all enjoy our return to our spiritual home

What a twat I was.

I went to a dinner party with wilder this season. I said chris what an amazing job you have done but when we were losing again oxford in game four what were you thinking at half time. ‘Get a draw’ was his reply.

I had wanted wilder over clough and Adkins, back to basics. I was sat with my head in my hands wondering what else could go wrong.

If we get promotion on Saturday (in all
But name) I will cry

And I have NEVER seen 67 likes before for anything . Fantastic times to be a Blade but real mixed emotions as (Canadian) Mrs has booked a surprise birthday escape leaving Satdee evening which does not give me enough time to fly in for Ipswich game, utilize my (not used enough) season ticket, and get back before I fly out (somewhere) again. HFD!!!

Back
Top Bottom