Emmanuel Dennis - Real Madrid slayer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will he be our next £20m+ player? 🤔

I've heard £22m mentioned...... somewhere!

That match were he scored against Real Madrid he was unreal ripped them to shreds be surprised if we signed him

And I recall those days when signing someone for half a million drew a deep intake of breath from the four corners of the ground, how life has changed.....

More importantly, Wilder's criteria for signing players who are better than those we already have is a sign of what CW wants for this club.

A game of ifs.....if Moose regains his form, and if this guy is worth the money then we'd have genuine competition up front.

It's a sign of where Wilder is taking us, and achieving a place in Europe will make attracting quality players to the Blades a realistic proposition. As a few of us have said, maybe a stretch too far just yet, but until we know either way let's dream and hope.

Just goes to prove the rate that this club is developing and progress is huge. Look at Callum Robinson, was seen as a huge signing in the summer and now we’ve outgrown him already, just like we did with Ryan Leonard, Lee Evans, Richard Stearman and so on. Players signed who were great for the level we were competing at when they arrived, but within months were already outgrown by the club, and that’s no slight on them players personally. What makes it more remarkable is players like Basham and Sharp just keep getting better and better and growing with us.

Our interest in the previous couple of windows paired with our experience and expertise with dealing with players in that division leaves us on a good footing. This could be a prospect that takes us to a even higher level. 😍🤞🤞

Word of caution........in the current economic climate, I think most clubs will look at existing squads, consider age, capability, wages, plus whatever else was worth considering before outlaying tens of millions on a player. Received wisdom suggests this might be why Liverpool pulled back from the Werner deal, and it's common knowledge that Prem clubs break even at best, so a constant juggling of budgets, with possibly only Man Utd in a position to take on additional debt in order to sign players valued in the tens of millions with eye watering wages added on.

Currently, I'd imagine that caution would overrule over-excitement when it comes to who we'd want to sign. Of course there are several reasons that have to be taken on board when it comes to who we sign, but with the world in such a parlous state, for a couple of seasons we might employ the odd 'marquee' signing with a few above average players as top ups.

Word of caution........in the current economic climate, I think most clubs will look at existing squads, consider age, capability, wages, plus whatever else was worth considering before outlaying tens of millions on a player. Received wisdom suggests this might be why Liverpool pulled back from the Werner deal, and it's common knowledge that Prem clubs break even at best, so a constant juggling of budgets, with possibly only Man Utd in a position to take on additional debt in order to sign players valued in the tens of millions with eye watering wages added on.

Currently, I'd imagine that caution would overrule over-excitement when it comes to who we'd want to sign. Of course there are several reasons that have to be taken on board when it comes to who we sign, but with the world in such a parlous state, for a couple of seasons we might employ the odd 'marquee' signing with a few above average players as top ups.
I would suggest that the reason the "bigger clubs" are cautious about buying expensive players (25 -30m expensive????) is because of their existing mega-wage bills.
They now need millions and millions of income every season to break even.
I'd say our wage structure is still grounded in reality, and increases in player spending will be sustainable until we start to necessarily compete with the real Euro big boys.
Hopefully, in time, we will do, but atm I think our finances will stand another big signing or two 😁

I would suggest that the reason the "bigger clubs" are cautious about buying expensive players (25 -30m expensive????) is because of their existing mega-wage bills.
They now need millions and millions of income every season to break even.
I'd say our wage structure is still grounded in reality, and increases in player spending will be sustainable until we start to necessarily compete with the real Euro big boys.
Hopefully, in time, we will do, but atm I think our finances will stand another big signing or two 😁

Think that's what I wrote, sorry you felt it necessary to repeat my thoughts but at least we're on the same wavelength.

The fact that a chunk of TV money is being repaid (think that's correct) will impact on who we sign and when we sign them. We're not mega-wealthy, and the dependency we have on the Sky and BT money will take us so far but no further. I hope Wilder manages to pull another rabbit out of the hat, so finger's crossed there are still a few surprises to come. Bear in mind that Wilder, apparently with the support of the Prince, understands the need for improved training facilities, so at some point we'll know when work will begin and the confirmed site is announced. This will come at a hefty price, but a necessity in the Blade's development.

Think that's what I wrote, sorry you felt it necessary to repeat my thoughts but at least we're on the same wavelength.

The fact that a chunk of TV money is being repaid (think that's correct) will impact on who we sign and when we sign them. We're not mega-wealthy, and the dependency we have on the Sky and BT money will take us so far but no further. I hope Wilder manages to pull another rabbit out of the hat, so finger's crossed there are still a few surprises to come. Bear in mind that Wilder, apparently with the support of the Prince, understands the need for improved training facilities, so at some point we'll know when work will begin and the confirmed site is announced. This will come at a hefty price, but a necessity in the Blade's development.

Don’t forget there will be a lot of clubs in the shit financially as a result of coronavirus, a far far worse position than us. So yes, we won’t have as much to spend, but there will also be a definite drop in transfer fees as clubs become desperate.

Don’t forget there will be a lot of clubs in the shit financially as a result of coronavirus, a far far worse position than us. So yes, we won’t have as much to spend, but there will also be a definite drop in transfer fees as clubs become desperate.

Hope so, we deserve to continue this change of fortunes.....it would be nice to see this club achieve the type of success that we imagined was only reserved for other clubs.

This is the kind of player that could really take us on another level.

Although he's been monitored by other big clubs he's not a household name nor is he playing in a big league so I'd guess they would be less likely to sign him. He'd be more of a gamble and unlikely to get straight in their first 11 and in this new environment 25-30m is a lot to spend on a reserve or a 'project'. Youd expect if we were to sign him hed be straight in the first team.

Don’t forget if we sign a striker this summer we will be selling one of Robinson, McBurnie or Mousset (I would assume Robinson) we would bring in around £10m for him so that would offset a large part of the outlay for Dennis (or any other striker we sign)

Don’t forget if we sign a striker this summer we will be selling one of Robinson, McBurnie or Mousset (I would assume Robinson) we would bring in around £10m for him so that would offset a large part of the outlay for Dennis (or any other striker we sign)

Depends if any Premier League clubs are interested in Robinson. If not, we’ll be lucky to get back what we paid for him.

West Brom will surely be keen. I'd be surprised if Utd don't realise a profit on him.

Depends how keen we are to sell him, if we are happy to keep him then that will push the price up but if West Brom are the only Premier League club interested then they won’t face much competition from the Championship.

It’s going to be a buyer’s market at the end of the day, so I just can’t see us making a profit on a player that hasn’t made much impact this season.

Depends how keen we are to sell him, if we are happy to keep him then that will push the price up but if West Brom are the only Premier League club interested then they won’t face much competition from the Championship.

It’s going to be a buyer’s market at the end of the day, so I just can’t see us making a profit on a player that hasn’t made much impact this season.

Time will tell but I think most WBA supporters will say he's made an impact this season. It may be due to him not (yet) being quite good enough for the Prem but equally, it may be due to him playing wide left for WBA rather than centrally that resulted in his performances improving.

Plays both on the Wing and CF and is a potent threat in either position. Its not the numbers that excite me with him its his attributes and potential. He would add so many strings to our bow. His motm performance against man utd early last season upfront was incredible. ⚔️

We should be looking at the Charleroi left back then, cos he had him in his pocket until he was subbed on 78.

Seems he's off to Atalanta according to reports from Belgium.

If so, I suspect he'll do there well - his pace, mobility and work rate will fit-in well with their pressing game. I thought they looked very good the other night and really went toe-to-toe with PSG. It's a shame they blew-up right at the very end.

Although ive just dug abit deeper and it says the following "The negotiations have also taken a little time because another club has entered the dance in recent days: Sheffield United. A real revelation of the last championship, Sander Berge's new club is looking for offensive reinforcements in order to spend a new quiet season in the Premier League. The Nigerian could hesitate between the two clubs, although Atalanta has his preference because of the Champions League."

Direct translation so not brilliant

Are we going to end up with any of are so called targets

Back
Top Bottom