Player Suggestion Emiliano Buendia

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cannot see us spending the sort of money to get him.

Agreed. A very good player is Buendia, irrespective of whether he'd fit into our system, I can't see us been top of the queue of clubs that are likely to be interested. Can see him going to a Villa or West Ham, whichever stays up, i.e. a club with bigger resources and a so called bigger name. I'm quite happy been linked with John Swift to be honest, I think he could be a cracking signing for much less than what Buendia will cost.

There's arguably better value abroad also, and its worth remembering that Buendia cost Norwich just £1.5m when thy signed him. I would have thought we could get some very good players from abroad around the £5 - 10m bracket, which I expect we'll be more likely to be in, given the budget cuts.

I think there's a lot of quality in the Norwich side.
They don't know their limitations though.

People see it as a criticism when Wilder/Dyche are labelled as being more pragmatic at times, but it's needed at this level when on a individual player by player basis, you're always going to be weaker than sides playing at this level for years.

You only have to compared Norwich and Blades when watching them.

Norwich are open all the time, split CBs, full backs on either flank.
Blades are structured and playing within a structure based on organisation.

Buendia
Lewis
Aarons
Cantwell
Pukki

I know they've gone down but i like these 5.

I really don't like Cantwell. As a player I think he's overrated & he seems a bit of a shit bloke. Not for me.

Pukki isn't good enough for where we're trying to get to.

The rest, yes. I would also add Ben Godfrey to that list, I think he's a very talented young defender who'd do well with the extra protection in our system.

Buendia would work well on our right hand side & could play as a 10 if we needed him to.

The young wing backs have a lot of potential. We need stronger competition for Baldock & Stevens next season (assuming as I do that L Freeman will leave & B Osborn is a midfielder).

Cantwell and Buendia. Godfrey has loads of potential.

After that I struggle to see what the fuss is about. They aren't bad players but they've shown zero ability to adapt to a new league tactically. You can't blame everything on the manager

Buendia, poor mans Ravel Morrison...........on a serious note I’d love to see him at Lane. But don’t think we have deep enough pockets

I'd take Buendia. Quality and a right nuisance with talent on the pitch to boot. Big yes from me. Would he settle up here is my doubt😎

I really don't like Cantwell. As a player I think he's overrated & he seems a bit of a shit bloke. Not for me.

Pukki isn't good enough for where we're trying to get to.

The rest, yes. I would also add Ben Godfrey to that list, I think he's a very talented young defender who'd do well with the extra protection in our system.

Buendia would work well on our right hand side & could play as a 10 if we needed him to.

The young wing backs have a lot of potential. We need stronger competition for Baldock & Stevens next season (assuming as I do that L Freeman will leave & B Osborn is a midfielder).

Cantwell is identical of Grealish at Villa before they got relegated.
I remember watching him at their ground, sticking out by his appearance and lack of shinpads, rather than his ability on the pitch.

I never rated him at the time. But now, he's a far better player and has an impact on the game, way ahead of the likes of Maddison who is hugely overrated.
Whenever I watch Villa play, Grealish is their best player on the pitch and looks a class above.
Whether Cantwell can do the same, we don't know, but I don't rate him at all at the minute.

I think there are a number of players in that Norwich side who could work in Wilder's system though.

Most chances created this season:

De Bruyne 108
Grealish 82
Alexander-Arnold 79
Buendia 79
Maddison 78

He's also 4th in the league for key passes made (72).

Brilliant player.

Extremely creative and the stats back that up.

Also a hard worker.

Will be a great signing for someone, but not us. He'd only be wasted.

Class player. Would thrive under Wilder or Bielsa.

Why has Lundstram not signed a new deal?

Does he really think he can get a better deal at another club?
On purely monetary terms, he definitely can. A young(ish) English CM with a solid prem season under his belt. He could definitely fetch more than we can/will pay if that's all he's after, which according to some rumours may be the case. That isn't to say doing so would be wise though.

On purely monetary terms, he definitely can. A young(ish) English CM with a solid prem season under his belt. He could definitely fetch more than we can/will pay if that's all he's after, which according to some rumours may be the case. That isn't to say doing so would be wise though.

Who do you think will take him though?

I'm sure he would jump at the chance of going back to Everton, whether or not they want him is another matter.

Everton will be looking for far better.

I don't see a club, besides Bournemouth/Palace if they're at this level who would take him.

I'm not sure you're right. If he'd carried on his pre-Xmas form, then definitely - but he's faded badly.

If he can find a club willing to pay him 40k a week, or whatever it is he's after, then good luck to him.

He has some really good attributes, a good engine, two strong feet, very physically capable, a knack for a goal & can pick a decent pass.
However, he seems to lack consistency & also mental sharpness. Not too dissimilar to Norwood in that regard, in that he can look great, average & terrible all within 90 minutes. He needs to focus on his task & not allow himself to drift out of games.

I'd personally miss him, but it does seem like he's asking for more than Wilder values him at. I don't see who will value him any higher either....

He would solve all our RCM probelms and we be the upgrade needed for our second season in PL. Make it happen CW!!!

Unlikely given we're about to sign John Swift for that role.
Buendia would have been my first choice also, but got to assume the budget isn't there for it.

I think he's great , but beyond us this summer.
I have a sneaky feeling that (if we get Cash & Swift) we will see a lot of different combinations on the right side.
For example , if Baldock is in great form , I could see whichever of Cash or Swift is in best form being played as RCM.
In other words , I think £12m for Cash's creativity is as much as we can afford , not £25m for Buendia

Apparently Norwich are looking for 20m for him ✊✊💦
Lol.
Norwich 'all our players are brilliant and worth mega bucks, yet are somehow also shit to the degree that collectively they comprised one of the worst teams in premier league history'

What a strange parallel dimension they all inhabit.

Lol.
Norwich 'all our players are brilliant and worth mega bucks, yet are somehow also shit to the degree that collectively they comprised one of the worst teams in premier league history'

You would also think that if all their players are so good then it must be the manager’s fault. But no, they think he’s great too:D

Lol.

Strange view from them isn't it!

However, Beundia is the one who is worth money, would love to have him here but don't see it.

£20 million seems a lot but Buendia is worth that money. Only 23 and he would slot seamlessly in at RCM. His ability to carry would more than make up for any creativity we've lost since sacking off the number 10. While he's not "physical" in a John Lundstram or Sander Berge sense, in that basically he's not especially big, he puts himself about. It'd be like having a right footed John Fleck (only better, IMO).

Callum Robinson + £10m?

Lol.

In fairness, Buendia is good value at £20m after his output last season. If he was English you'd be talking £30-40m.

Back
Top Bottom