Player Suggestion Emiliano Buendia

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You honestly believe we couldn’t improve on his salary at Norwich ‘Not a pot to piss in’ City?

It was absolutely obvious that he was the player we should have signed this summer when he was available. Another feather in the cap of our recruitment team 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s not about improving his Norwich contract. His agent will know what he can get for a move and he wouldn’t have signed for our rates. He’ll be asking for more than 25k/week which means we wouldn’t have got near him, and I’d suggest he’ll get double that when he moves.

It’s not about improving his Norwich contract. His agent will know what he can get for a move and he wouldn’t have signed for our rates. He’ll be asking for more than 25k/week which means we wouldn’t have got near him, and I’d suggest he’ll get double that when he moves.

What would we have offered him?

He wants a premier league team, or did should I say, I don’t thinks his wages would be massive knowing how tight delia is.

Attachments

• BCA446DB-5750-43B1-9878-690834FDA5BD.jpeg
    BCA446DB-5750-43B1-9878-690834FDA5BD.jpeg
    751.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 74484D11-4FD2-4EE7-9A2C-347E0102CD83.jpeg
    74484D11-4FD2-4EE7-9A2C-347E0102CD83.jpeg
    443.4 KB · Views: 5
What would we have offered him?
I can’t see us breaking our existing wage structure so anything over 25k is unrealistic in my view. That’s before we get into the £25-30m it’s likely to cost to even be talking about wages.

I can’t see us breaking our existing wage structure so anything over 25k is unrealistic in my view. That’s before we get into the £25-30m it’s likely to cost to even be talking about wages.

I will bet that we have first team players on more than £25k p/week. Berge was chased by some big clubs around Europe, did we really get him that cheap?

How do you know our existing wage structure doesn’t allow for more than 25k?

From what I know we’ve already got players on more than that.

Chris did everything he could to get Brewster here and he was on Liverpool wages, I bet anything he is on a lot more than 25k a week, especially when Palace and a few others were after him, why would he take the lowest offer, we must have been competitive or he would have gone elsewhere. Looking how wilder was at the time he was desperate to get him over the line and in..... I wonder if it was at any cost, every week the fee was jumping up by a couple of million, 15 then 18 then it was 20 and then it went to whatever we ended up paying...
I bet Brewster is on more with us than Buendia is at Norwich, they only paid 1.5 mil for him 2 year ago and his wages then would have been nowhere near 25 mil...
they probably are now but I bet not much more than 20 or 25

Last edited:
Chris did everything he could to get Brewster here and he was on Liverpool wages, I bet anything he is on a lot more than 25k a week, especially when Palace and a few others were after him, why would he take the lowest offer, we must have been competitive or he would have gone elsewhere. Looking how wilder was at the time he was desperate to get him over the line and in..... I wonder if it was at any cost, every week the fee was jumping up by a couple of million, 15 then 18 then it was 20 and then it went to whatever we ended up paying...
I bet Brewster is on more with us than Buendia is at Norwich, they only paid 1.5 mil for him 2 year ago and his wages then would have been nowhere near 25 mil...
they probably are now but I bet not much more than 20 or 25
That's the saddest part for me..

This wasn’t one we couldn’t do because of wages it’s one we couldn’t do because of fee. He was not available for less than Brewster. A few teams reportedly came in for Norwich’s assets late in the window looking for a bargain but they had their valuations of them and stuck to it. This upset said players leading to public fallouts but they didn’t shift. I don’t think 20million would’ve got us Buendia based on what they got for other players.

This wasn’t one we couldn’t do because of wages it’s one we couldn’t do because of fee. He was not available for less than Brewster. A few teams reportedly came in for Norwich’s assets late in the window looking for a bargain but they had their valuations of them and stuck to it. This upset said players leading to public fallouts but they didn’t shift. I don’t think 20million would’ve got us Buendia based on what they got for other players.
midfield is a big problem for us every chance that lundstrum berge norwood and even fleck might not be at the club next season

midfield is a big problem for us every chance that lundstrum berge norwood and even fleck might not be at the club next season
I agree with Berge out we’re 2 short and that’s assuming fleck finds form again.

I agree with Berge out we’re 2 short and that’s assuming fleck finds form again.
even if were still way adrift at least 1 midfielder has to come in this january were short on numbers although we might have stumbled on 1 alternative yesterday in bogle

even if were still way adrift at least 1 midfielder has to come in this january were short on numbers although we might have stumbled on 1 alternative yesterday in bogle
Yeah I agree. And Bogle can’t play centre mid he didn’t play there yesterday he played wide. Bogle is only an option if we change formation.

Yeah I agree. And Bogle can’t play centre mid he didn’t play there yesterday he played wide. Bogle is only an option if we change formation.
like i said on another thread i think baldock could play the basham rcb role he more or less played there yesterday when bash went in to midfield and bogle was rwb and in all honesty bash has looked good in that defensive midfielder role but you know my feelings on formation yogi i would like to see a change to 433 next season more flexible and more attacking minded but still got a feeling chris will stick with this 352 even if were in the championship

like i said on another thread i think baldock could play the basham rcb role he more or less played there yesterday when bash went in to midfield and bogle was rwb and in all honesty bash has looked good in that defensive midfielder role but you know my feelings on formation yogi i would like to see a change to 433 next season more flexible and more attacking minded but still got a feeling chris will stick with this 352 even if were in the championship
I don’t wanna see baldock at centrehalf Stevens got exposed in the air baldock playing there would be embarrassing teams would spend the whole game targeting him in the air we’d get destroyed.

My guess is that when the accounts come out the average wage will be significantly higher than the 20/25k quoted on this thread as our highest earners

Plenty of championship players are on at least that and agents would not send players to us if we weren’t at least offering competitive salaries

We may still be amongst the lowest or in fact the lowest in the PL but I suspect most of that berge, Brewster, ramsdale, mcburnie are all on hefty packages - driven by their transfer fees. We will have also offered our longer serving players good increased salaries to keep them happy and reward them.

the prince also said in his interview their was slot of misinformation about how much we are paying in salaries.

I don’t wanna see baldock at centrehalf Stevens got exposed in the air baldock playing there would be embarrassing teams would spend the whole game targeting him in the air we’d get destroyed.
i dont want to see us playing 3 centre backs next season if egan and joc stay with us they will be fine as a pairing providing we play a dm as part of the midfield then baldock would stay rb with possibly bogle or burke in front of him

i dont want to see us playing 3 centre backs next season if egan and joc stay with us they will be fine as a pairing providing we play a dm as part of the midfield then baldock would stay rb with possibly bogle or burke in front of him
I’d like to see us stay with 3 centrebacks as our base formation as it’s something we do better than most especially in the division below. What I think we’ll see is more formation changes in game moving to a 4-4-2 diamond. I think this was the planned variation change for this year but injuries suspensions and loss of form have knackered this. I agree the flexibility of baldock, Basham and Bogle will be key to our ability to change formation in game without having to make wholesale subs.

If not for that ghost goal bollocks we could possibly have had watkins and buendia instead of them. Very bitter

Money talks.....but fuck me they have had a fair share of luck.

Norwich planning ahead once more, this time for an assault on Championship promotion in 2022/23.

For them it really is the journey, not the destination, isn't it?

Their midfield will be seriously stacked in terms of creativity. Grealish 3rd most chances created in the league last season, despite missing the last part of it. In the season before that Grealish was 2nd and Buendia 4th.

Quality signing, though paying up for it. Wonder if it leaves snubbed Arsenal to go for Sander now.

This is good news for us.

One less Midfield option for Arsenal.

If they fail to get the lad from Brighton then they'll need to get serious on Berge.

Had they spent 30-40m on Buendia you'd question whether they had another signing of that magnitude in them.

Back
Top Bottom