Player Suggestion Emiliano Buendia

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we'll go back in for Ben Davies.
Preston need the money. They have about half a dozen of their best players (Ben Pearson etc...) all in the final year of their contract. It has all of the hallmarks of a Wilder bargain-type signing. They're asking for £10m, but in 10 weeks time he can negotiate a free exit for himself. They'd be daft to turn down half that money if it was guaranteed.
Preston are owned by another rich guy who is funding them for two years even if no crowds return.
I don’t think they are in need of money.

Preston are owned by another rich guy who is funding them for two years even if no crowds return.
I don’t think they are in need of money.

The thing about the rich is they always want more money.

Just to try and have a bit of excitement really... Buendia's name not mentioned here. Reading between the lines... Move to Blades nailed on?!
Screenshot_20201016-143744.png

Buendia to the Blades, oh go on then if we must.
Come on Chris go get him, I tried but he was nowhere to be seen.

Better shout than Dack and Brooks.
Keep hoping Norwhich will slip up and move out of the promotion places in time for a January swoop.

Better shout than Dack and Brooks.
Keep hoping Norwhich will slip up and move out of the promotion places in time for a January swoop.

He was my number 1 target in the summer and would have been perfect for the RCM role, probably affordable and Norwich probably would have sold at that point.

Unfortunately I just can't see it now. Come January we will more than likely be deep in the shit unless things pick up and Norwich are flying. Even if PA sanctioned another big money transfer can you really see any players wanting to swap a great chance of promotion to be back in the champ in 6 months?

It's not like we can even chuck a massive salary at anyone to help soften the blow.

He was my number 1 target in the summer and would have been perfect for the RCM role, probably affordable and Norwich probably would have sold at that point.

Unfortunately I just can't see it now. Come January we will more than likely be deep in the shit unless things pick up and Norwich are flying. Even if PA sanctioned another big money transfer can you really see any players wanting to swap a great chance of promotion to be back in the champ in 6 months?

It's not like we can even chuck a massive salary at anyone to help soften the blow.
Completely agree. When we were running around after a striker, and seemingly showing zero interest in another RCM when our interest in Swift cooled, I had to keep reminding myself that since CWAK had done such a great job so far, I should give them the benefit of the doubt. Watching us now I can't help but imagine this team with Buendia at RCM and Berge at the base and think we'd be miles ahead of where we are now. Buendia's love for getting on the ball would more than cover up for Berge's deficiencies when it comes to taking on responsibility with the ball. That midfield trio would be the nuts.

If we were going to sign a striker, we needed to sign a striker who was good on the ball, not one who'd benefit from chances created. Major, major issue.

Have we shit our pot full regarding signing anyone player that is with a Championship club who look to have any sniff of going up.

Its a YES from me.

On current projections our only hope is a 6 month loan deal in January with a permanent transfer if we stay up. The Athletic article posted elsewhere suggests Marcus Rojo has been suggested at Board level for such a loan - he's on £100k/week but if he helps us stay up it's £2.5m well invested.

Completely agree. When we were running around after a striker, and seemingly showing zero interest in another RCM when our interest in Swift cooled, I had to keep reminding myself that since CWAK had done such a great job so far, I should give them the benefit of the doubt. Watching us now I can't help but imagine this team with Buendia at RCM and Berge at the base and think we'd be miles ahead of where we are now. Buendia's love for getting on the ball would more than cover up for Berge's deficiencies when it comes to taking on responsibility with the ball. That midfield trio would be the nuts.

If we were going to sign a striker, we needed to sign a striker who was good on the ball, not one who'd benefit from chances created. Major, major issue.
i agree with you on the point about sander he just doesnt seem to want to take responsibility when hes on the ball prefering mostly to play the easy ball and im sure hes got it in him to carry the ball and go past players we really need him to pick his game up if were to have any chance of getting out of this situation

Buendia has been fantastic for Norwich this season and last infact , that ball into Pukki the other day for his goal was inch perfect, he should have been putting them assists in to our forwards this season. A big Chance missed when him and Cantwell were out of favour at the start of the season when Farke wasn’t playing either of them. A loan deal with a view to buy would have got him I reckon. I don’t think we would get anywhere near him now though unfortunately....

Buendia has been fantastic for Norwich this season and last infact , that ball into Pukki the other day for his goal was inch perfect, he should have been putting them assists in to our forwards this season. A big Chance missed when him and Cantwell were out of favour at the start of the season when Farke wasn’t playing either of them. A loan deal with a view to buy would have got him I reckon. I don’t think we would get anywhere near him now though unfortunately....
It was a really weird situation with him and cantwell at the start of the season the manager clearly didn’t want them both around bombing them out but Webber and the board seemed to have their valuation and wouldn’t move off it with cantwell and Leeds for example.

Buendia is being watched by Arsenal with a potential bid in January.
No chance of us signing him if that's who we're competing with.

Yes but there was a chance in the summer coming off the season wed had.

The failure to sign any of Eze, Buendia, Benrahma, Brooks when we were an attractive option in the summer coming off a 9th place finish is for me the biggest factor in our current struggles.

Now they r either at another premiership club or being chased by bigger clubs or would rather take a chance on promotion with their current clubs than come to us.

Instead we are stuck playing a player who wants to leave and doesn't have the ability to go past a man.

I genuinely don't think we would offer the wages he'd want.

We wouldn't offer the wages Norwich would want....not happening. I think we will make some minor investments into young foreign players.

Scored again tonight, 5 goals and 5 assists so far this term. Shame we didn’t try and get him when he wanted out and Farke wanted him gone.....

Scored again tonight, 5 goals and 5 assists so far this term. Shame we didn’t try and get him when he wanted out and Farke wanted him gone.....
got to be down to wages its our achilies heel im afraid

Scored again 6 goals and 5 assists so far this term. Farke was trying to off load him at beginning of the season, loan to buy could have got him, wouldn’t get anywhere near him now unfortunately and we could really do with a Buendia in our starting 11. Brewster, moose and McBernie would be scoring for fun with him playing in at the back of them....

Last edited:
Scored again 6 goals and 5 assists so far this term. Farke was trying to off load him at beginning of the season, loan to buy could have got him, wouldn’t get anywhere near him now unfortunately and we could really do with a Buendia in our starting 11. Brewster, moose and McBernie would be scoring for fun with him playing in at the back of them....
Many on here wanted him or Benrahama. It was clear to many of us that the lack of creativity in midfield would cost us and nothing was done to address it. A major reason we are in the position we are now.

Wonderful player wouldn’t have got him loan to buy. Norwich turned down 15 mill for cantwell who was also in the bomb squad they had their valuations of players and didn’t shift them.

Him, Benrahama, Eze they were the kind of players we needed in the summer not wasting money on Lowe and Bogle!
None of them would come for the wages we’d offer. Being unrealistic with your suggestions given our wage bill structure isn’t only going to frustrate you.

None of them would come for the wages we’d offer. Being unrealistic with your suggestions given our wage bill structure isn’t only going to frustrate you.
You honestly believe we couldn’t improve on his salary at Norwich ‘Not a pot to piss in’ City?

It was absolutely obvious that he was the player we should have signed this summer when he was available. Another feather in the cap of our recruitment team 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Gee
You honestly believe we couldn’t improve on his salary at Norwich ‘Not a pot to piss in’ City?

It was absolutely obvious that he was the player we should have signed this summer when he was available. Another feather in the cap of our recruitment team 🤷🏻‍♂️
weve got to improve salaries next time were in the prem or we just cant survive im afraid spirit teamwork and hardwork wont keep you in there got to have quality players and that means quality salaries as well

Maybe not but they we’re the type of player we should of been after. Buendia we could of got.

Watched him today and he was very good. People don't realise the donkey work he does on top of his brilliant skills, he would replace any of our midfield 3 without question. We could have got him for less than Brewster.

weve got to improve salaries next time were in the prem or we just cant survive im afraid spirit teamwork and hardwork wont keep you in there got to have quality players and that means quality salaries as well

I agree but think we have to accept that would either require new owners or a very long term project involving several promotions and relegations until we could become an established competitive Premier League side.

Back
Top Bottom