Elitism is alive and well

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Baldblade1889

Ooh say what you see…
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but not to United forums in general and have been a Blade for over 20 years. I don't get to as many games as I used to due to working Saturdays so I was just wondering where I stood in the pecking order of pretentious wankers who will argue if they don't agree with me by saying they have followed United longer or that my opinions are invalid as I sometimes have to work Saturdays so can't attend games. Thanks just trying to clarify. New member not a new blade.

I'm new to this forum but not to United forums in general and have been a Blade for over 20 years. I don't get to as many games as I used to due to working Saturdays so I was just wondering where I stood in the pecking order of pretentious wankers who will argue if they don't agree with me by saying they have followed United longer or that my opinions are invalid as I sometimes have to work Saturdays so can't attend games. Thanks just trying to clarify. New member not a new blade.
Lets find out

Feller, unless you have a ST, the new shirt and a small shrine at home to which you give burnt offerings then you are a fucking non-Blade wanker. It matters not one fuck that this team, with it's well above average gate every other weekend, notable away support, assumed Saudi input and equally assumed big-spend on players is giving points away to provably lesser equipped teams even at home and relegated teams away and it languishes in a playoff spot ... in a place we also have provable failure. No one can counter this array of facts, save for "how many games have you seen?" and "you're a cunt and I bet you boo 'the lads'" and better still, "stay away ... go and watch Wednesday". It's quite ludicrous, and someone with initials after their name on a brass plaque might deduct that a vast denial syndrome was afflicting certain sectors of Sheffield United's fan base.

Note: none of the cynics say to their opposers any of the above. They just point at the league table and the results, because that is where the argument lies, not the qualifications and qualities of people who don't agree with them.

pommpey

Alternativley, you could just say hello..

You sound like a pretentious wanker yourself

Feller, unless you have a ST, the new shirt and a small shrine at home to which you give burnt offerings then you are a fucking non-Blade wanker. It matters not one fuck that this team, with it's well above average gate every other weekend, notable away support, assumed Saudi input and equally assumed big-spend on players is giving points away to provably lesser equipped teams even at home and relegated teams away and it languishes in a playoff spot ... in a place we also have provable failure. No one can counter this array of facts, save for "how many games have you seen?" and "you're a cunt and I bet you boo 'the lads'" and better still, "stay away ... go and watch Wednesday". It's quite ludicrous, and someone with initials after their name on a brass plaque might deduct that a vast denial syndrome was afflicting certain sectors of Sheffield United's fan base.

Note: none of the cynics say to their opposers any of the above. They just point at the league table and the results, because that is where the argument lies, not the qualifications and qualities of people who don't agree with them.

pommpey
No motive or anything here Pommpey ,but why don't you go to any matches ?

It has been said several times but sorry if I touched a nerve with you and you felt the need to get defensive. I just hate the bollocks where Its you didn't travel to so and so therefore you can't have an opinion. Yes I can. And as for where I stand this season well uninspiring dross is what I have seen most of the games I attended. We write to get a reaction. UTB

It has been said several times but sorry if I touched a nerve with you and you felt the need to get defensive. I just hate the bollocks where Its you didn't travel to so and so therefore you can't have an opinion. Yes I can. And as for where I stand this season well uninspiring dross is what I have seen most of the games I attended. We write to get a reaction. UTB
We are all entitled to an opinion but just remember yours is shit and worthless.

However if you were at that famous Port Vale game..........

You use the word "defensive".
I have never seen such a defensive first post from any new member.
The way you have posted is bound to annoy a lot of people and seems to point to a "self assessment" rather than a group of characters on here. There is no charge to use it, (although a donation would certainly be welcomed by those who run it) just some standard rules of accepted decency set by Admin.
why you could not just test the waters steadily like nearly all new members is strange? Making a what I see as a sweeping judgement is the offensive part.

Using the word "Elitism" in the context of SUFC is quite novel.

Good luck to our new member, interesting first post. Bladesmad might be more fun for him though.

I don't work Saturdays or anything like that, I just don't go to games because, well quite frankly, I have much better things I'd rather be doing. The caveat is that I can fight everyone on here so I get nuff respek, innit blud like, know worra mean like?

What a strange first thread/post.

I don't get the impression that many people on this forum criticize or look down on Blades who can't get to matches - there are a lot of exiled blades on here, me included, who can't get to games.

I think the general divide is between those who try to be more positive, patient and those that tend to get on the back of managers and players.

The whole clapper/slasher bullshit has gone way over the top - especially the attacking of fans who actually try to be positive.

I think it's fair to say there is less elitism of the type you mention on this board compared to others.

However all other boards are shit because they are used by ugly people. Is this elitist enough for you?

Funny that cos as I was havin a quick read last night the first post I actually looked at there was a comment something along the lines of some new member with 50 posts thinks they can come on here telling a blade of 50 years. Well yes why can't they.

Lesson One - post a thread in the correct forum that is suitable for whatever thread you want to start

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?forums/introductions-and-announcements.2/

Your post hurt my eyes and ears so I won't read it again - no need to be defensive on here until it merits it

Funny that cos as I was havin a quick read last night the first post I actually looked at there was a comment something along the lines of some new member with 50 posts thinks they can come on here telling a blade of 50 years. Well yes why can't they.
Which was that?

You only needed to post lesson one if you were gonna follow up with a lesson 2 so your aim of trying to make me look stupid just made you look an arse.

Which post, let's see it.

You only needed to post lesson one if you were gonna follow up with a lesson 2 so your aim of trying to make me look stupid just made you look an arse.

Wow, truly defensive aren't you?

I think the first post on this thread was the one that made you look stupid.

No motive or anything here Pommpey ,but why don't you go to any matches ?

Because I live 216 miles away from Bramall Lane. If United are within 60-80 miles of my home in Gosport and I am not busy, I will gladly go, and take any number of my family and friends with me.

If I lived in Sheffield, I would be a repeat season ticket holder, believe me.

pommpey

Without wishing to take sides, I recall seeing the post mentioned.

It was the type of parochial spite that I've come to expect from certain quarters. Look at the thread 'playoffs - support the team or don't go!' post #76. It contained a bit of pointless prediction, a touch of moral superiority based on being a longtime poster (boy, that gets brownie points?), and I'll leave you, the reader, to interpret this post, by metalblade, in whatever way you feel is appropriate. It was a silly point, a bit like saying that anyone smaller than yourself shouldn't be allowed to comment. Instead of inclusiveness, it pointed towards something akin to one of those Northern Ireland separatists. Sad really, I'd thought we'd long got past something that unimportant.

Can I advise a little cooling off from everyone on this thread? And I speak as someone who's been involved in one or two spats, so I knows me stuff :oops:

Back
Top Bottom