Player Suggestion Ehrun Oztumer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isaw Joeshaw

Old School Blade
Reaction score
Why have we not signed him ?

Tonight epitomised the fact that the only players we have who can provide something different to go past defenders and unlock defences set up to stifle us are Brooks and Duffy and, if they are not available or on top of their game, we struggle.

This lad can do both those things AND score goals, 9 in the league so far plus 2 in cups and several assists.

We , on the other hand, now seem to have an abundance of midfield players who are athletic, comfortable on the ball and good at neat passing but lacking that extra ingredient that can make all the difference in and around the opponents box and certainly not in his league when it comes to scoring goals.

Disappointed.

Exactly, ask yourself this.

I don't get why we would go for him.

For exactly the reasons I have listed above ( without wanting to fall out with the inspiration behind this forum )

I'm with ISJS on this one, as I've stated before.

As ISJS points out, if you use that as a yardstick to measure the worth of signing a player you'd never have signed the likes of those mentioned above. And anyhow..we've no idea whether other clubs are looking to sign him. But to me, that wouldn't make him more valuable or less valuable to us either way.

I think the thing to judge the potential of a player on is what you see, in terms of his on-field performances, and I still think he's the best midfield player I've seen at League 1 level in all the dreary years we were stuck down there. Whether Wilder feels he's too small, or wouldn't fit our style of play, or whether he's simply out of our budget range, or not seen as a priority for our team at present I don't know. But I do know he's a very good player, who, in games like the one last night, would be able to provide that extra bit of spark, that bit of magic, that can turn draws like that into a win.

The only reason I can think of as to why no one's taking a punt on him is the fact that he's the size of an eleven year old child.

He's bloody brilliant with the ball at this feet though.

Thinking ahead here, just in case we sign him, we could modify this song by Bananarama to "Ehrun Oztumer"

Why have we not signed him ?

Tonight epitomised the fact that the only players we have who can provide something different to go past defenders and unlock defences set up to stifle us are Brooks and Duffy and, if they are not available or on top of their game, we struggle.

This lad can do both those things AND score goals, 9 in the league so far plus 2 in cups and several assists.

We , on the other hand, now seem to have an abundance of midfield players who are athletic, comfortable on the ball and good at neat passing but lacking that extra ingredient that can make all the difference in and around the opponents box and certainly not in his league when it comes to scoring goals.

Disappointed.
Short answer - CW obviously doesn't rate him and/or feels that better options (e.g. Holmes) are available.

Also worth considering why no other Champ club have snapped him up especially when you take into account his contract status.

Finally, I'm not sure how often you've seen him play but if you're basing your opinion on just a few games, particularly those against Utd, there's a chance you're suffering from Nathan Byrne syndrome i.e. believing a player is better than he actually is simply because he did fairly well against Utd a couple of times.

I must be one of only a few people that don't particularly rate him. Sure, he's a busy sort of player and he weighs-in with a few goals but he's often out of the game for long periods and IMHO I don't think he's good enough for a mid-top Champ side.

If we brought him in and real life was Fifa a 4-2-3-1 with Holmes, Duffy and Oztumer as the attacking midfielders behind Clarke with Fleck and Leonard sitting would be magical.

I'm with ISJS on this one, as I've stated before.

As ISJS points out, if you use that as a yardstick to measure the worth of signing a player you'd never have signed the likes of those mentioned above. And anyhow..we've no idea whether other clubs are looking to sign him. But to me, that wouldn't make him more valuable or less valuable to us either way.

I think the thing to judge the potential of a player on is what you see, in terms of his on-field performances, and I still think he's the best midfield player I've seen at League 1 level in all the dreary years we were stuck down there. Whether Wilder feels he's too small, or wouldn't fit our style of play, or whether he's simply out of our budget range, or not seen as a priority for our team at present I don't know. But I do know he's a very good player, who, in games like the one last night, would be able to provide that extra bit of spark, that bit of magic, that can turn draws like that into a win.
But didn't we think the same before we signed Jose Baxter from Oldham? :(

I have to admit I am surprised nobody has taken a punt on him. I have only seen him against us though and there must be a reason why he's still at Walsall

His stats are decent and there’s no denying he’s s good player. But he virtually has a free role at Walsall and he does it well. Without the Ball he is poor due to his physical attributes.

A good player but no one is taking a punt on him people like Billy Bodin have moved up also. He was one I did like.

But CW/AK know these players better than us.

I'd love Otzumer as I said last week he's younger than Holmes. However Wilder knows Holmes's game inside out and that must be a huge factor. I'm just over the moon we're about to sign Holmes but I hope Otzumer gets a move to the Championship, his talent deserves it.

Strong rumblings that he's about to sign for Wednesday.

Not really, but imagine some of the hand wringing if he did...

Either all the professional scouts on here are seeing something in Oztumer that every Prem and Champ club have missed or he's not as good as some people seem to think and is a L1 player.

Either all the professional scouts on here are seeing something in Oztumer that every Prem and Champ club have missed or he's not as good as some people seem to think and is a L1 player.
I suspect its down to consistency. He's got the ability but can he do it more.often than not ?

You could have levelled the same accusation at Holmes but because Wilder had him at Northampton and saw him in training day in day out he knows hos personality, how he trains and what hes like as an individusl and thinks the gamble is worth taking

I suspect its down to consistency. He's got the ability but can he do it more.often than not ?

You could have levelled the same accusation at Holmes but because Wilder had him at Northampton and saw him in training day in day out he knows hos personality, how he trains and what hes like as an individusl and thinks the gamble is worth taking

Possibly so FB. Either that or he's not as good as quite a few on here believe to be the case - similar to Nathan Byrne a few years ago, who a lot were desperate for Utd to sign but who then failed in the Champ, pulled up no trees at Charlton and is currently struggling to get into the Wigan team. He must owe thanks (and 10%) to Bob Harris who almost singlehandedly made him look like a world beater. I'm still baffled how me managed to escape so much criticism during his time at Utd.

Back
Top Bottom