Pre-Season 17/18 Eastleigh v. Sheffield United - 28/07/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Paulus

Reaction score
I was looking at going to this but can't find much about it. It's down on the club site as a first team fixture but it seems a bit random travelling all the way to the south coast to play a non league club at this stage of the pre-season programme. I was concerned to discover that both Wimbledon and Portsmouth pulled out of their recent friendlies at Eastleigh because they deemed the pitch unsafe. It has recently been relayed but the suggestion is that the surface has not bedded in and is liable to slip. Any injuries in pre season are a pain but risking key players in a match like this seems a bit bonkers. Has anyone else got any more information on the make up of the team we are likely to take?

Match thread for the friendly fixture at Eastleigh.

I was looking at going to this but can't find much about it. It's down on the club site as a first team fixture but it seems a bit random travelling all the way to the south coast to play a non league club at this stage of the pre-season programme. I was concerned to discover that both Wimbledon and Portsmouth pulled out of their recent friendlies at Eastleigh because they deemed the pitch unsafe. It has recently been relayed but the suggestion is that the surface has not bedded in and is liable to slip. Any injuries in pre season are a pain but risking key players in a match like this seems a bit bonkers. Has anyone else got any more information on the make up of the team we are likely to take?

I only know that if they are planning to go by train, they should take care because surfaces in the station may be wet and slippery. They should also not take luggage on the escalators and hold the handrail at all times.

I rand their ticket office and asked if they knew whether it was a first team Sheffield United, they said they are lead to believe it is.

I saw Billy, Leon, Jake Bennett and Jake Wright senior getting on the coach about an hour ago.

Looking forward to the game. Interesting to see whether Blackman and Lundstram will get some game time.

Is it just a rock up and pay on the gate thingy, do we think?

The local paper 'the echo' said the previous games were cancelled due to the bad weather (rain) on newly laid turf. Apparently the pitch is fine now but its torrential rain down here currently.
I'll be there later. Confirmed pay on the gate. Let's hope the injury gods stay away and we leave with a clean bill of health...

The local paper 'the echo' said the previous games were cancelled due to the bad weather (rain) on newly laid turf. Apparently the pitch is fine now but its torrential rain down here currently.
I'll be there later. Confirmed pay on the gate. Let's hope the injury gods stay away and we leave with a clean bill of health...
I think it's showers. I'm a bit north east of you and it's changing constantly. It was sunny when I went out half an hour ago and it looks like it's about to piss down now.

It's a bit damp outside - we've had a bit of rain but nothing heavy. It's quite mild though, so I wouldn't bother wrapping up too warm!

You'll still think it's Harold Wilson!

Every one of his impressions was a big bag-o-bobbar.

I'm shocked the Beeb shelled out so much and gave him series after series.

" ... and this is me ... "

Really, Mike?

pommpey

No Ched, Hanson or Baldock again.
Really needed these three to prove their fitness prior to season start

Back
Top Bottom