East end of nothingness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Digs blade

Reaction score
Great performance again from the lads but my god what a god damn awful soulless stadium that is. Absolutely zero atmosphere and concrete city in the surrounding areas of the ground. I was in the bottom bit and the bladesfans in the top section seemed miles away from us.

Almost but not quite feel sorry for the spammers having to watch football in that place

So much apathy. It's palpable. They're an empty shell.

Worst away stadium ever. Mighty fine athletics stadium though.

I'm sure part of the reason our fans were also quiet was pity....

Are they still piping in the crowd noise?

Look at the gap between upper and lower tiers that fans are separated by.

_20191026_224003.JPG

Plus it gets wider where the away end is because of the screen/Olympic torch bit.

_20191026_224344.JPG

Fucking awful place.

Genuinely I wouldn't see the point in attending if I was a West Ham fan, better atmosphere and view from the settee/pub.

I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't bellends.

Look at the gap between upper and lower tiers that fans are separated by.

View attachment 63252

Plus it gets wider where the away end is because of the screen/Olympic torch bit.

View attachment 63253

Fucking awful place.

Genuinely I wouldn't see the point in attending if I was a West Ham fan, better atmosphere and view from the settee/pub.

I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't bellends.

Could park a bus in between those gaps.

I was in the lower tier today and because that awful gap was behind me the stadium did seem better than I was anticipating.

My main problem is the surrounding area. Absolutely awful. What a horrible place to visit every week.

It would have to be in the top one of worst grounds I’ve been too.

I was in the lower tier today and because that awful gap was behind me the stadium did seem better than I was anticipating.

My main problem is the surrounding area. Absolutely awful. What a horrible place to visit every week.

It would have to be in the top one of worst grounds I’ve been too.

Didn't go but worse than Reading?

Didn't go but worse than Reading?
Not had the pleasure of going to the madjeski but if it’s worse than West Ham then dear god. Agree MMB that the area around was grim. We were drinking in Leyton so didn’t have to suffer too much

It’s my third time to the Olympic Park. First for the olympics – wonderful atmosphere, full of positivity, ease of getting to and from the stadium. Second for the Red Sox vs Yankees game – decent atmosphere before the game, standard baseball atmosphere in the game. Today, sat in the away end by the press area, my god that was quiet. Throughout I was worried that I’d say something to my mate next to me that might have revealed an away fan in the home areas, but I needn’t have worried – I doubt anyone cared about it. The chant “you’re not West Ham any more” cut to what’s left of their core – and they knew there was no response. I can understand why some West Ham fans have chosen not to keep going. I don’t know how it was leaving the away end, but it took about 40 mins to get back to Stratford station. An absolute nonsense trying to move that wasn’t an issue on either of the previous visits.

Let us never leave Bramall Lane, ever.

I’d feel sorry for any other club having to play there.

To think they demolished Upton Park for that shite.

Reactions: Dkc
Not had the pleasure of going to the madjeski but if it’s worse than West Ham then dear god. Agree MMB that the area around was grim. We were drinking in Leyton so didn’t have to suffer too much
My West Brom mate was at Leyton for the Carlisle game. God only knows why as he is a fanatical Baggy, but he said he'd been drinking with some good Blades lads

I don't think the Madjeski is a bad modern bowl, it's just located in a soulless business park which makes it just about impossible to have a decent whole day football experience. As a stadium, the London abomination is much worse. Ironic in a way because the reason it is so appalling is down to the arrogance of pig boy Coe, who was determined to build a lasting legacy for Athletics after the 2012 Olympics so we got a nasty cheap looking Athletics stadium that was bugger all use as anything else. The contrast in approach to the Commonwealth Games in Manchester couldn't be greater where the main stadium was built as a football stadium that could be temporarily adapted for use as an Athletics stadium for the event itself.

My West Brom mate was at Leyton for the Carlisle game. God only knows why as he is a fanatical Baggy, but he said he'd been drinking with some good Blades lads
Plenty of blades drinking atoned there today.

I don't think the Madjeski is a bad modern bowl, it's just located in a soulless business park which makes it just about impossible to have a decent whole day football experience. As a stadium, the London abomination is much worse. Ironic in a way because the reason it is so appalling is down to the arrogance of pig boy Coe, who was determined to build a lasting legacy for Athletics after the 2012 Olympics so we got a nasty cheap looking Athletics stadium that was bugger all use as anything else. The contrast in approach to the Commonwealth Games in Manchester couldn't be greater where the main stadium was built as a football stadium that could be temporarily adapted for use as an Athletics stadium for the event itself.
Seb coe is a Chelsea fan

So much apathy. It's palpable. They're an empty shell.

Worst away stadium ever. Mighty fine athletics stadium though.

I'm sure part of the reason our fans were also quiet was pity....

First two Paragraphs I 100% agree.

no need for the the third and totally untrue, but totally expected, dig at our fans third paragraph.

Back
Top Bottom