Dwight Gayle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think a lot of our current squad would like to be on £40k+ a week.

I'd say £20k+, I'd be surprised if our highest earner, whoever that will be by the end of the window, was on £40k+.

Up until Burnley signed Jeff Hendrick they had a wage cap of £35k. I think you will be pretty much spot on

Difference is between Gayle and maupay. Gayle has proven he can't cut it in the premiership. Maupay hasn't had chance to prove it. Personally don't think we'll get maupay. Roll on mcburnie.

On that basis neither can mousset

Please name me on player who has scored a goal; while been sat on the bench

Think a lot of our current squad would like to be on £40k+ a week.

I'd say £20k+, I'd be surprised if our highest earner, whoever that will be by the end of the window, was on £40k+.

I would imagine our squad will be on between £15-30k per week with the majority in the middle of that range.

FFS. Whats the point in saying that?? Fairly obvious I mean value for money or re-sale value. No need to be a twat.

Not being a twat , nor would I ever call another Blade one .

Your post implied that the mere fact that the other two were much younger than Gayle , he should automatically be discounted . No mention was made of of value for money or re-sale value .

The fact is that any striker who could get us 15 + goals next season would be worth his weight in gold and , of those who might be realistically within our budget , Dwight Gayle would have a better chance than most in my opinion .

Not being a twat , nor would I ever call another Blade one .

Your post implied that the mere fact that the other two were much younger than Gayle , he should automatically be discounted . No mention was made of of value for money or re-sale value .

The fact is that any striker who could get us 15 + goals next season would be worth his weight in gold and , of those who might be realistically within our budget , Dwight Gayle would have a better chance than most in my opinion .

I dont think he’ll be any good in the Prem.

Gayle was a possibility if we didn’t sign Mousset. Cos we’re not getting Maupay. It’s McBurnie and done on the strikers now.

Still wouldn't rule a late loan move for Gayle ..can never have enough centre forward s

Difference is between Gayle and maupay. Gayle has proven he can't cut it in the premiership. Maupay hasn't had chance to prove it. Personally don't think we'll get maupay. Roll on mcburnie.
We won’t be.
Could well get McBurnie and I assume it’s all systems go on that front now.

I’m sorry,sincerely mean that. Just dont want us to sign Gayle.

Which is fair enough because it's all about opinions .

The fact that yours and mine differ in this case is entirely irrelevant . The only thing that really matters is that the Blades have a successful season and it's absolutely clear that there is no disagreement between us in that respect .

We won’t be.
Could well get McBurnie and I assume it’s all systems go on that front now.
Hoped for him from the start. Since signing mousset I think mcburnie would be a better fit cause maupays quite similar to lys.

Which is fair enough because it's all about opinions .

The fact that yours and mine differ in this case is entirely irrelevant . The only thing that really matters is that the Blades have a successful season and it's absolutely clear that there is no disagreement between us in that respect .
Agreed. Once again I apologise.

Hoped for him from the start. Since signing mousset I think mcburnie would be a better fit cause maupays quite similar to lys.
Since day one I’ve said I’d rather have Oli. I just think he suits us more, Mousset would well be what we were expecting Maupay to be. But we don’t have what McBurnie gives us.

Since day one I’ve said I’d rather have Oli. I just think he suits us more, Mousset would well be what we were expecting Maupay to be. But we don’t have what McBurnie gives us.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Mousset will score nearly as many goals as Maupay would , but I know where you're coming from on this .

Now that the former is here , it would make far more sense to sign someone whose approach is entirely different to that of him , Billy and McG and with the potential to score more than any of those , although I strongly believe that the latter pair can make a significant contribution next season .

Gayle would also be a good addition to have in the squad should we only stay in the Prem for 1 season,sort of negative planning ahead i know.

Have we ever been linked with Dwight Gayle anywhere but the very active imaginations in this thread?

Back
Top Bottom