Dwight Gayle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A Newcastle season ticket holder told me last Friday that Gayle was great for them in the Championship but in the PL he was down in the pecking order

I'd take him on loan, blow the money on McBurnie. I think those 2 upfront would be a handful.

I like Gayle . He's a natural born goal scorer and a determined little fucker as well - a pretty good combination in my book .

If he joins us either on loan or as a permanent on sensible wages I'll be more than happy . He'd fit in well with McBurnie who I still strongly fancy us to sign . :)

I would suspect that Dwight is on far too much money for little old us.

Not anymore if west brom can loan him why on earth couldnt we

1. He's allegedly on something like 40k pw
2. WBA had been a Premier League team for years and had a corresponding wage structure
3. They spent on going straight back up using the parachute payment
4. Wasn't it a direct swap for Rondon?
5. WBA chose not to sign him:

"Dwight's contract is a Premier League contract," Albion technical director Luke Dowling told BBC WM.

"We will pay Premier League contracts but only when we are back in the Premier League.

"We don't want to keep players on big contracts and then have to lay off normal staff and make people redundant," added Dowling.

Rather play sharp and MCG every week and have a couple of back up strikers than sign this guy

For a start he's not as good as either of the aforementioned and we ( hopefully) can't afford him

1. He's allegedly on something like 40k pw
2. WBA had been a Premier League team for years and had a corresponding wage structure
3. They spent on going straight back up using the parachute payment
4. Wasn't it a direct swap for Rondon?
5. WBA chose not to sign him:

"Dwight's contract is a Premier League contract," Albion technical director Luke Dowling told BBC WM.

"We will pay Premier League contracts but only when we are back in the Premier League.

"We don't want to keep players on big contracts and then have to lay off normal staff and make people redundant," added Dowling.

We would pay 40 k for gayle no problem think 40k is probably what we may pay Maupay etc...

People saying this lad is shite can’t have ever seen him play. Pace, good movement, scores goals.

Played in the Prem though and didn't really do much.

Maupay/McBurnie are unknowns but maybe the unknown is better than what we know about Gayle in the Prem.

Last season , DwIght Gayle scored more goals than Billy Sharp and none of them were penalties .

That fact alone demonstrates clearly that he is a long way from being shite , but there's more . His goals per minute ratio was better than that of Maupay , Abrahams , McBurnie etc. and , in fact , every one else in the Championship.

If that record constitutes the definition of a shit striker , I dearly wish that we had three of them .

I always find the argument 'he was shit last time he was in the Premier League' such a weak argument.
Premier League strikers, bar the elites, require good service; they don't score 20 goals a season themselves. We were fantastic at creating chances last year which gave many players multiple opportunities to score.
Put Billy Sharp in a bottom half team last season and he probably scores half the amount he did for us last year - and no, that is not a criticism of Sharp, it is highlighting how well we create chances.
If we create chances, players like Gayle would score goals in our system.

Hes also got pace which is something you desperately need in the premiership. I think hed be a good addition

Gayle would be a very good signing for us.

Hes not in my top two of forwards who i would like us to sign (M&M) but hes probably third on my list.

Hes quick, played in the PL before, and he has a goalscorers eye. The goal he scored v Villa in the play offs was class.

He just needs to stop falling over if someone flutters an eyelid in his direction. In that respect, he does himself no favours. Still, id be pleased if he was signed by us.

I think gayle is actually one of the more likely names, he is on Darius Henderson’s agency and we already have loads from there, and rc alleges we are in for gibson too on same agency, i can imagine this’ll be a go-er

i would take maupay and gayle partnership 100%

I think gayle is actually one of the more likely names, he is on Darius Henderson’s agency and we already have loads from there, and rc alleges we are in for gibson too on same agency, i can imagine this’ll be a go-er
Gibson???

all this talk of our second loan player and looks like we could want a striker - could we make gayle our second loan? (backup to either Maups/McB)

I think Newcastle might be hesitant to move on perm if they cant get the right fee for him (v unlikely atm - £20m quoted) and id imagine they wont be using him this season

Rather play sharp and MCG every week and have a couple of back up strikers than sign this guy

For a start he's not as good as either of the aforementioned and we ( hopefully) can't afford him

If we did go with Sharp & McGoldrick prepare for Championship football next season.
Not saying we sign Gayle although I do think he would be a slight upgrade on both Sharp & McGoldrick.
We desperately need Two New Strikers.

It’s surely not out of the realms of all possibility that many of our current squad are on £40k+ now we’re a premier league club is it?

Think a lot of our current squad would like to be on £40k+ a week.

I'd say £20k+, I'd be surprised if our highest earner, whoever that will be by the end of the window, was on £40k+.

Last season , DwIght Gayle scored more goals than Billy Sharp and none of them were penalties .

That fact alone demonstrates clearly that he is a long way from being shite , but there's more . His goals per minute ratio was better than that of Maupay , Abrahams , McBurnie etc. and , in fact , every one else in the Championship.

If that record constitutes the definition of a shit striker , I dearly wish that we had three of them .

Add to that he was pushed wide a lot of the time too!

Gayle would score goals at PL level in our team without doubt.

Bruce going to Newcastle probably changes everything though. As does us signing Mousset. So forget it. McBurnie now, then we're done.

Back
Top Bottom