Dwight Gayle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At least Gayle has Premiership experience unlike Maupay and McBurnie who could easily crash and burn....not saying I want Gayle, just putting a point out there.

We're a PL club.

We won't pay anything near enough close to an asking price.

Not the best proof I've ever seen admittedly...

The fact is that asking prices are very subjective. We will of course pay some, others we'll not to protect the long term future of the club.

At 20million I'd say not. That's way out of our ball park.
Based on history I'd agree with you 100%.
However we are in uncharted waters in terms of wealth and opportunity, and right now it's impossible to second guess which way it will go. They might just surprise us?

Wilder managed to get Norwood for £1.5 million. Suggests he’ll probably snap Maupay and McBurnie up for about £5million...combined. Including wages.

If Carlsberg did transfers.

I'm expecting one high value striker, and one 'project'; someone like Jordan Hugill.

We tried to survive last time with Claude Davis £3 million, Luton Shelton £1.7 million allegedly, Hulse £1 million allegedly. Mikele Leigertwood £750,000 allegedly, Ady Akinbiyi £1.75 million bought in the previous January
Relative terms = £3 - £5 million pound players in todays money.

We need better

In the January 2007 transfer window we tried to sign David Nugent for £6million I believe which got turned down from PNE. Arguably we had a better team in the Championship the year after with high profile coaching staff too but doesnt always do it. Its a difficult balance of keeping the squad together without upsetting too much with high profile players that are arrogant

At least Gayle has Premiership experience unlike Maupay and McBurnie who could easily crash and burn....not saying I want Gayle, just putting a point out there.
Dean Hammond had Premiership experience. doesn't mean he was any good though

My guess is, we'll go for one younger player such as Maupay or McBurnie (can't see us affording both) and then the other forward will be someone cheaper than one of the aforementioned but no doubt still by our standards a big fee and Gayle is as good an option as any I can think of. I wasn't as keen at first but with Wilder in charge, you can almost guarantee he'll have his best season yet.

Gayle's wages will be significant though.

My guess is, we'll go for one younger player such as Maupay or McBurnie (can't see us affording both) and then the other forward will be someone cheaper than one of the aforementioned but no doubt still by our standards a big fee and Gayle is as good an option as any I can think of. I wasn't as keen at first but with Wilder in charge, you can almost guarantee he'll have his best season yet.

Gayle's wages will be significant though.

Hopefully we’ll sign McBurnie then do a loan deal for Gayle like hogan/Madine

But fair your Newcastle why would you loan a player to probably a relegation rival

Hopefully we’ll sign McBurnie then do a loan deal for Gayle like hogan/Madine

But fair your Newcastle why would you loan a player to probably a relegation rival

I would guess if we sign Gayle it will be a permanent for the reasons you said. Newcastle will want rid of him but are likely to prefer a permanent deal if it's to a division rival, especially one fighting relegation which they may well be too.

I would guess if we sign Gayle it will be a permanent for the reasons you said. Newcastle will want rid of him but are likely to prefer a permanent deal if it's to a division rival, especially one fighting relegation which they may well be too.

Agreeed hopefully Rafa doesn’t stay at Newcastle and zaha gets sold at palace would be helpful :cool::cool:

Doubt we’d sign him permanent tho would be ten million and big wages ,

Having read the twitter transcripts after returning from holiday I’m not sure that the current owners will sort owt out in time for Wilder to get a seat at the table when it comes to bidding for players.
My worrying that we will try and ‘make do’ until January at the earliest.

Having read the twitter transcripts after returning from holiday I’m not sure that the current owners will sort owt out in time for Wilder to get a seat at the table when it comes to bidding for players.
My worrying that we will try and ‘make do’ until January at the earliest.

Wilder already knows his budget, its already agreed and the court case has no bearing on it, its been stated numerous times already.

Fulham always the likely place for Gayle if no PL takers.

Fulham always the likely place for Gayle if no PL takers.

I think Fulham have to be careful about fair play ruling, can't see them splashing out too much this summer, more likely to shed.

Back
Top Bottom