Gone Elsewhere Dowell back Permanently?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d be happy for Dowell to sign.
He’s got great potential. Skills and class. Just needs the physicality and experience. We can’t afford the finished article just yet.

Huddersfield interested according to Twitter - no idea if that’s permanent or loan; or even true for that matter.

Dowell is a decent player but we can’t possibly think he’s the best we can do on loan? After hendo that means we literally can’t sign anyone else on loan.

Given we don’t have a great budget the loan signings need to go in people who are guaranteed first team players.... He wasn’t that last year and there’s no suggestion he would be this time round.

I’d be up for signing him for a reasonable free but it makes no sense in loan

Utd should be looking to buy the lad or move on to others. Dont waste a loan place on him, getting him developed for Everton's sake.

Personally i liked the lad and thought he had a lot of potential. For the right fee, i hope we get him permanently.

I can't see us signing Dowell and another attacking mid surely? If Dowell is the one we want for the number 10 role then I'm underwhelmed tbh. Not so sure I believe this. Freeman a much better option if we can get him or similar.

Makes you wonder if we are only going to spend about 20m and lump it all on forward players.

We essentially need 4 players - first choice keeper, first choice attacking midfielder of the calibre of Duffy, and 2 first choice forwards of equal ability to what we have if not better. Then a few who can add depth.

Agree with the overall thoughts that as a loanee he's not ideal. We should be getting young players in on a contract that, should we not stay up, makibg us stronger than this season. Giving an Everton guy a run then returning him to them doesn't serve us too well.

Proves the the budget cant be that good if were thinking of getting dowell on loan

Proves the the budget cant be that good if were thinking of getting dowell on loan

Alternatively, the “fact” that we might blow half our loan entitlement on Dowell “proves” we have so much cash to spend that we don’t need to use our loans for marquee signings?

It’s all second hand gossip and bollocks. And it’s June the pigging 2nd.

Tell ya what dowell looked very good tonight didn’t look much difference between him Maddison and Foden

SIGNHIMUPPPP

Don’t think he’s owt spesh TBF. Maybe for a million.

He'd probably be a solid Premier League lower half player and there's room to develop but yeah, it's the fee.

I think he's worth £1.5m - £3m, and I like him - I'm not trying to be rude, but Everton will want double that at least I imagine.

A femtosecond of showing ability and you're a great prospect and worth about £20m these days.

He'd probably be a solid Premier League lower half player and there's room to develop but yeah, it's the fee.

I think he's worth £1.5m - £3m, and I like him - I'm not trying to be rude, but Everton will want double that at least I imagine.

A femtosecond of showing ability and you're a great prospect and worth about £20m these days.

You sign players based on potential which dowell for his price has the potential to Become a good premier league player

We should have signed players with potential like dack, watkins, freeman for a Million when we could now there wort far far more

You sign players based on potential which dowell for his price has the potential to Become a good premier league player

We should have signed players with potential like dack, watkins, freeman for a Million when we could now there wort far far more

Truenuff.

I've been buying Dack on FIFA for years, it was obvious haha

Sort it aaaat United.

Dowell is a decent player but we can’t possibly think he’s the best we can do on loan? After hendo that means we literally can’t sign anyone else on loan.

Given we don’t have a great budget the loan signings need to go in people who are guaranteed first team players.... He wasn’t that last year and there’s no suggestion he would be this time round.

I’d be up for signing him for a reasonable free but it makes no sense in loan

That’s what I though but it’s not case. We can sign loan players from abroad and also the Championship is assume. Still a wasted opportunity though

Truenuff.

I've been buying Dack on FIFA for years, it was obvious haha

Sort it aaaat United.

He was scoring goals at grillingham and we were linked plenty of times just like freeman

I definitely think he's worth a punt if we can get him for £4/5 million. The problem is, if the £20 million figure is true we can't spend that on essentially a substitute. He can play in a number of positions which is really useful.

A very good period at Forest, six months with us while we got promoted, an England U21 international ... all of that makes me think Everton would want close to £10 million for Dowell right now. Maybe £8 million or so. I’d be gobsmacked if they’d let him go for any less than £5m - as some on here are suggesting - anyway.

Very versatile. Played more of a holding role this evening and looked good. Has filled in at LWB for us and is primarily an AM. Decent shot on him, very good technically and will only get better. Would be a great buy at the right price.

He couldn't hold down a place or position for us last season. The players keeping him out of the side are still here and there is nothing to suggest Dowell will be able to dislodge them next season. £2m max for a squad player.

He couldn't hold down a place or position for us last season. The players keeping him out of the side are still here and there is nothing to suggest Dowell will be able to dislodge them next season. £2m max for a squad player.

Other than those players being a year older and could potentially start to decline and Dowell will continue to improve as well as adding versatility to what won’t be a strong squad in PL terms. I’d go to £5m.

Using one of the loans on Dowell would be an absolute shocker.

Why would we even think of doing that?

I'm going to retract that comment a bit.

Looking at what we might be doing, there's no obvious area to use the second loan on, and no outstanding option like Reece James.

If we manage to engineer a situation where the second loan isn't of great importance then I'd have no problem using it on Dowell. Then look to make it permanent in January for the right price.

I didn't want Dowell back as our main number 10 signing because I didn't think he showed enough consistency and creativity. However, I noticed he played centre mid for England yesterday and he's definitely got potential so I'm wondering has Dowell been played more at centre mid than attacking mid?

Maybe if Dowell comes back this is Wilder's thinking.

Back
Top Bottom