Gone Elsewhere Dowell back Permanently?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JPSharpy93

Reaction score
What are you thoughts on Kieron Dowell coming back on a permanent basis? Media linking him with a return to the lane this summer.

Good prospect in the game, so would fit the criterion of Wilder and the club.
I wouldn’t have an issue assuming the fee is nothing ridiculous. But then with Wilder in charge it wouldn’t be.

Plus he seemed to fit in well and seemed to be very much part of the lads generally.

Can't imagine him joining on another loan as we can only have 2 loans from PL clubs.

What is his current value?

Maybe worth 4-5 million with performance related bonuses?

Speaking with a couple of Everton fans, they rate him as a prospect but reckon he will be available and may not cost us much £4-5 million.

Good alternative to Luke Freeman. Bit more of a gamble. But more time to develop. Wouldn't mind him for under £5m.

Depends on his price relative to someone like Luke Freeman. Still an England u21 regular so if we can get him for £4m why not?

Young, bags of potential, the odd flash of brilliance but inconsistent with it. Also he was outmuscled too easily, and that would be even more telling in the PL if he didn't significantly strengthen up.

As others have said, if the price is right then I would go for it, as there is clearly more to come from this lad.

Young, bags of potential, the odd flash of brilliance but inconsistent with it. Also he was outmuscled too easily, and that would be even more telling in the PL if he didn't significantly strengthen up.

As others have said, if the price is right then I would go for it, as there is clearly more to come from this lad.

Agree with Stretchmeister, needs to add a few pounds, upper body strength., and pick up the pace a bit, a few times people ran up behind him and took the ball from his feet.

Good headed goal against WBA (I think?) for the 1-0 away win.

Yes. If CW is interested in him permanently. We all know he fits our model and now it’s down to the staff to determine how good he indeed is.

Hes a good championship player and has done pretty well here. Having said that i think for the prem unfortunately we need better. We should be investing in players that are very good champ players or prem quality.

I like Dowell as a player and he seems a decent pro. But in the PL, the number 10 spot is so essential that we get someone who can create and score goals, because of course we don't have wingers and much of the creativity comes from the number 10 spot, although I appreciate that Baldock and Stevens have done so well down the wings, but they're essentially attacking fullbacks.

We need someone who can improve on Duffy, given Duffy's 33 and often is rotated. For me I can't see Dowell being the man to be the number week in week out. He's gonna be a decent player but we need someone of the quality Harry Wilson or Buendia that Norwich have, not that we'll be signing the latter. Freeman, Canpos or Joe Lolley are the types we should be looking at if we're talking about players we know already. Dowell needs another season in the Championship for me.

Deffo has some talent

At present, as with most young players, he's a bit inconsistent

CW just needs to prize that talent out of him

Back
Top Bottom