Don't underestimate Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Key question though Blades...

Do you think we will win?

I think we will show enough to convince our fans that we are a force in this division against a top 10 side from last season. But I think we will show some naiveness and end up with a draw.
3 or 4 nil to us. Brentford bang average, just can't see why some people are bigging them to be something special.

It's not one for tear and trembling either; unless you suffer from B.I.C. I foresee an epidemic. The symptoms are cap-doffing and tugging of forelocks. In the worst cases, the victims turn into a bowl of quivering jelly.

No reason not to approach it with confidence, but not one to take lightly either.

Did Brentford play at the Lane the week after the disaster? If so, I've got that programme somewhere as I remember the front cover was given over to a message in memory to the victims.

Anyway, it'll be good game and the ale is always good.
Yes, drew 2-2 (Agana, Duffield). Tony Parks was in goal for Brentford. Their right back was Maltese (forgot his name). The ref was George Tyson who was making strange decisions as usual. It was Graham Benstead's last league match for us (heard he had a bust up with Paul Stancliffe after the match in the dressing room).

Im nervously looking forward to the game. I am coming up with Bob Booker as the books are almost ready and should be in your club shop by the Barnsley game. Not sure who Bob is supporting - well actually I think I am!

Brentford are different to most of the other teams in this league. We have a way of running the business and of player recruitment that seems to work and the scouting system is exceptional.

We will play a fairly expansive 4-3-3 with 2 wingers. Hopefully Jota and Canos but who knows what might happen to Jota at any time given all the speculation and Canos was injured yesterday and looks doubtful for next week. Vibe is sharp and clever and makes good runs.

We have 6 midfielders to choose from and I have no idea who will start but we try and pass around the opposition and you won't see any long high balls as w have no height up front.

We are lightweight, quick and small and can get bashed about and we certainly do not have an "enforcer."

Defensively we will miss the suspended Harlee Dean and we are vulnerable and susceptible to sustained pressure and set pieces.

We press hard and high and counter attack with pace.

God knows how the game will turn out!

It's obvious from this and his previous post that this guy is a proper footie supporter, albeit from another club.

The biggest giveaway is that he knows how to spell Bramall Lane.

Saturday will be like a cup fixture id be gutted if we lose especially as its opening day and we are still on a crest of a wave from last season, i am under no illusions this is going to be a tough old season, id take 14 spot right now if offered.

UTB

Key question though Blades...

Do you think we will win?

I think we will show enough to convince our fans that we are a force in this division against a top 10 side from last season. But I think we will show some naiveness and end up with a draw.

That's my prediction too.

It'll be a draw due to naevity, which would dissapoint many Blades and there will be some negativity on here after the match.
But the biggest positive will be that we dominate and control good spells of the match playing our impressive passing game.
It will show that we have the class and potential to comfortably finish in the top half.

Apparently Brentford aren't physical and play a fast attractive passing game, they normally control possession too and press when out of possession to quickly win it back.

That discription matches us, we controlled and dominated almost EVERY match last season
So I'm really looking forward to a team coming to BL and giving us a test.

Was back in the Uk for most of July. Went to Oxford V Brentford. Left before the end when it was 3-3. Brentford look fragile, very fragile, at the back. Up front they look terrifying. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a 3 all draw, possibly more. They play like us, with pressing and movement. I hope people don't get depressed if we lose, as they are a very useful outfit. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the mix come end of the coming season.

Feel we need to be beating Teams like Brentford at the Lane this year!
No disrespect to Brentford but we will have harder games than this one and the three points will come in handy!

Have we not learnt from our time in League One that the size of a club matters little if their budget is big and they have a good manager! Brentford and Bournemouth are the most common examples of this. Even smaller clubs with small budgets have made us look average (before Wilder thankfully) on a regular basis, usually with counter attacking football, although Wilder's revolution largely put a stop to opposing teams getting the better of us, because we were just to strong for them, but often games were tight.

I think Brentford will make the play offs this season a decent performance and a draw is not a bad result from Saturday.

Have we not learnt from our time in League One that the size of a club matters little if their budget is big and they have a good manager! Brentford and Bournemouth are the most common examples of this. Even smaller clubs with small budgets have made us look average (before Wilder thankfully) on a regular basis, usually with counter attacking football, although Wilder's revolution largely put a stop to opposing teams getting the better of us, because we were just to strong for them, but often games were tight.

I think Brentford will make the play offs this season a decent performance and a draw is not a bad result from Saturday.
No, some people look at the size of the stadium and then make a judgement based on that. It doesn't matter if they've got three times our budget, they're a 'small' club so we should beat them.

We can beat them, we may beat them, I hope we beat them but if we don't, no toys out of the pram from me.

We can beat them, we may beat them, I hope we beat them but if we don't, no toys out of the pram from me.

Sadly I'm not sure there will be room on the floor for your toys, if we don't win.

The anti-Cheds, anti-Hansons, McCabe-outs and sundry other malcontents will be all over it, saying 'I told you so and we are doomed'.

Sadly I'm not sure there will be room on the floor for your toys, if we don't win.

The anti-Cheds, anti-Hansons, McCabe-outs and sundry other malcontents will be all over it, saying 'I told you so and we are doomed'.

I'm putting new crayons in the shoutbox cupboard as we speak...

Take one out and have a go. :)

IMG_0096.GIF

Not so sure, Brentford are an established and attractive Championship team. They have a few superb players who could easily play at the level above.

However, first game of the season, a superb hostile home atmosphere will get the boys over the line.

I'm more confident of Middlesboro away tbh, I think our game will be well suited too it...particularly as boro have a load of new players to blend together.

No, some people look at the size of the stadium and then make a judgement based on that. It doesn't matter if they've got three times our budget, they're a 'small' club so we should beat them.

I remember Fleetwood away the fans were on the players backs, based solely on the fact that we were playing little Fleetwood Town.

Back
Top Bottom