Do You Miss Me?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At Coventry Fleck was probably the best midfielder in League 1 at the time. Correct me if am wrong but I think his fitness was an issue there. I am sure I heard Wilder saying the other day when he first came to us he and did training he was blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes.

The problem with Didsy at Ipswich was he was always travelling down there from Nottingham and it played a part in his recovery from injuries. I think he or Wilder has said as much since he signed for us.

I think some clubs don't want to admit they have an issue with their fitness staff. When you see the injury list mounting up after the first few months of a season and none of them are down to a freak injury then something is not right.

Under Wenger there was a period at Arsenal where they always had at least 4 players out injured at any point during a season and it was happening nearly every season to the point a fan created this: https://www.arsenalreport.com/injuryroom/stats (true one was Wilshere so he doesn't count)

I think they have stopped documenting injuries now they have a new manager but it makes for an interesting read.

Fair play to Pompey fans they did tell us Stevens was a top draw signing at the time we signed him.

Thanks Roy, apart from one or two sensible comments it seems the Deludamol addiction is reaching epidemic proportions.

The comment on Didzy being injured all the time reminds me of just how good our fitness coaches are, our players in the main just keep going week after week & compared to other clubs we don't seem to have many little niggly type injuries, or even long term ones really. Some exceptions of course but I think we do very well on the whole.

“ “Egan and O’Connell. Two hard workers that fit into that Sheffield United team and ethos, like a glove.
However, I wouldn’t swap them for Pontus or Jeanvier.”

“Not compatible with our style of play.
Quite honestly if anybody wants Brentford to beat Arsenal by boring them to death with Sheffield style football a la meat and potatoes, I would genuinely despair. I just hate their uninspiring, workmanlike football. ”

Fucking muppets
Have Brentford ever been a top flight club???

What’s in the water at Brentford. It must be fucking tuna like at S6. Weird bunch of self entitled twats. I hope we can cherry pick more of their “not good enough for the first team” players so we can challenge for Europe in our squad.

Interesting review that Roy, thanks, makes for a good read. I like this comment about McGoldrick...

“It’s like seeing an old girlfriend out with a richer, more successful and better looking man” :D

The thing is, and I've said this many times before, some footballers show early, some show late, some show not at all. The club, the manager, the set-up that they are in, all impact on these things. There's been many very good players who have just not hit it off at some clubs but been amazing at others.

I think Wilder has made some really good signings, most of them, not all. But the thing is that they have no choice when they come here - they either play to his standards or they don't play at all and are soon shipped out. If we take Lundstram for example, he didn't do much to warrant a start last season, but the lad has been very good for us this season and retains a shirt. That's another skill of Wilder's as well, knowing when to hold on to a player and give him a bit more time to raise his game. You could argue he's done the same with Mousset this season. He didn't get a look-in until Wilder felt he was at a higher level of personal fitness. Now look at him!

I think the story about McGoldrick is a special one though. I remember him signing on loan for Wednesday a few years ago, and my reaction to that was, "they're scraping the barrel!". Then, was it 2 or 3 seasons back? he played for Ipswich at Bramall Lane. When I heard his name on the team sheet I said to my lads, "bloody hell! David McGoldrick! I thought he'd retired! Things must be desperate at Ipswich if he's their main choice striker". And then I watched him closely and I thought..."What a good player! Still got great feet and movement" and I was impressed with what I saw that day. A friend who is an Ipswich fan said to me afterwards, "he's a talented player, but he's just hardly ever fit". So when we signed him from Ipswich in the summer I didn't expect to see more than the odd impressive cameo from him. I couldn't have been more wrong!

His performances have been excellent in most games he's played for us. Especially this season at the very highest level, where he is running around like a spring chicken (one with a head on) and linking up play all over the park. Anyone who was at Spurs last week will have seen what was probably his best performance in a Blades shirt. And he cost....zero. Same with Fleck.

For me, it sort of casts a shadow over the likes of McBurnie and Robinson, who we paid big fees for, when you see someone like McGoldrick, who cost no transfer fee, performing like that. So, I'm hoping Chris can work his magic on these two as well. If not then I don't think we need worry about them being here at the start of next season.
Didsy has to be our greatest ever signing.. free transfer.. came on a trial!! hollywood stuff :D

A look at how fans of our players’ former clubs are reacting to their start in The Premier League.

cracker this one Roy. orange ;0)

At Coventry Fleck was probably the best midfielder in League 1 at the time. Correct me if am wrong but I think his fitness was an issue there. I am sure I heard Wilder saying the other day when he first came to us he and did training he was blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes.

The problem with Didsy at Ipswich was he was always travelling down there from Nottingham and it played a part in his recovery from injuries. I think he or Wilder has said as much since he signed for us.

I think some clubs don't want to admit they have an issue with their fitness staff. When you see the injury list mounting up after the first few months of a season and none of them are down to a freak injury then something is not right.

Under Wenger there was a period at Arsenal where they always had at least 4 players out injured at any point during a season and it was happening nearly every season to the point a fan created this: https://www.arsenalreport.com/injuryroom/stats (true one was Wilshere so he doesn't count)

I think they have stopped documenting injuries now they have a new manager but it makes for an interesting read.

Fair play to Pompey fans they did tell us Stevens was a top draw signing at the time we signed him.
it was interesting watching Man Utd vs Liverpool the other week. Man Utd basically stole our playbook but the really interesting thing was that they were all blowing out of their arse after 70 minutes and couldn't sustain it for the 90 and liverpool scored. i thought 'wow. our lads do that week in week out, they must be mega fit'

’wow. our lads do that week in week out, they must be mega fit'

Our fitness levels are very impressive. The likes of Fleck, O’Connell, Basham etc just seem to get fitter and fitter from the League One days. Same with Baldock, Stevens and Lundstram since they first joined.

When Mick McCarthy recalled McGoldrick to the Ireland squad last season, he commented that he was in the best physical condition he’s ever seen him in. That’s a player over 30. Look at Sharp too, at his age he looks like he’s in the best shape of his career.

Massive credit to the effort on this they’re clearly putting in through the week.

A look at how fans of our players’ former clubs are reacting to their start in The Premier League.

Roy you are a true great !! Love these comments especially the one about McGoldrick -“It’s like seeing an old girlfriend out with a richer, more successful and better-looking man” made me laugh anyway.
Some good comments mixed with usual deluded ones especially Brentford as usual who can't understand that we have 2 great players bought for a combined £4 million approx being successful in the PL whilst they are languishing in the middle of the championship! Carry on playing your fantasy island football getting you nowhere whilst we challenge at the top end of the PL !

Imagine seeing O'Connell & Egan performing as they are in the Premier League, keeping the likes of Aubameyang, Kane, Lacazette, Salah, Mane, Firminho & Zaha quiet in a side that are currently sat in a European football qualifying place in England's top division... And thinking "yeah, I'd rather have Pontus Janssen".

🤡
😂😂😂 Janssen is so good that he moved from a top 6 Championship side to a lower to mid-table one !!

I see brentforlona still haven’t changed. One of the most deluded set of fans I’ve ever come across.
Not sure where they get it from for a small mid table championship side

Brentford must be having some awful bad luck because when ever I read their fans comments they sound amazing .

Brentalona

Two things about brentford..

1, if the team is so good, they have the wrong manager.. let’s see who else we can nick?

2, The fans talk like they’re a premier league team, to my knowledge (I normally don’t track Brentford’s achievements, can’t think why) they’ve never played in that division.. seems odd doesn’t it.

They’re possibly worse than the Deluded premiership return ticket wielding idiots over in S6... how is that possible !

God, we’ve bought some right shite for the centre half positions.. we are fucked in the premier league with two of Brentford’s reserve squad and bambi from Bolton...

CW spunkin the moneh

many thanks for this and all your great posts Roy

Quality Roy really enjoyed reading that , the only player I miss is David Brooks👍

Just shaking my head at all the Oxford Fans saying they'd still take Brannigan (who?) over FPL God Lord Lundstram

“[John Fleck] still capable of that hospital pass to the opposition while under no pressure just in front of the defence putting his team in the shit.” - Still true God love him

Thanks for the Didzy comment Roy... I needed that laugh out loud moment..

“It’s like seeing an old girlfriend out with a richer, more successful and better looking man”

Imagine seeing O'Connell & Egan performing as they are in the Premier League, keeping the likes of Aubameyang, Kane, Lacazette, Salah, Mane, Firminho & Zaha quiet in a side that are currently sat in a European football qualifying place in England's top division... And thinking "yeah, I'd rather have Pontus Janssen".

🤡
To be fair, he's right . I wouldn't swap Egan or O'Connell for pontus Janssen either !

What’s in the water at Brentford. It must be fucking tuna like at S6. Weird bunch of self entitled twats. I hope we can cherry pick more of their “not good enough for the first team” players so we can challenge for Europe in our squad.
Shhh........Don’t tell em about that much celebrated “clogger” Ollie Watkins yet.......

Ollie Watkins 🤞 🤞 🤞

If I was Brentford fan, I'd probably be happy to swap Pontus for a bag of oven chips.

Back
Top Bottom