Do You Miss Me?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
A look at how fans of our players’ former clubs are reacting to their start in The Premier League.

“ “Egan and O’Connell. Two hard workers that fit into that Sheffield United team and ethos, like a glove.
However, I wouldn’t swap them for Pontus or Jeanvier.”

“Not compatible with our style of play.
Quite honestly if anybody wants Brentford to beat Arsenal by boring them to death with Sheffield style football a la meat and potatoes, I would genuinely despair. I just hate their uninspiring, workmanlike football. ”

Fucking muppets

“ “Egan and O’Connell. Two hard workers that fit into that Sheffield United team and ethos, like a glove.
However, I wouldn’t swap them for Pontus or Jeanvier.”

“Not compatible with our style of play.
Quite honestly if anybody wants Brentford to beat Arsenal by boring them to death with Sheffield style football a la meat and potatoes, I would genuinely despair. I just hate their uninspiring, workmanlike football. ”

Fucking muppets
Brentford fans tower over Norwich and amazingly even the pigs when it comes to delusional thinking

Wouldnt swap Jack O Connell for Pontus bloody Jansson! Have we finally found a fanbase more deluded than our neighbours?

Pontus Jansson, lest we forget—a player whose determination to impose the very worst kind of bad sportsmanship and gaffer-defying arrogance on his own team mates and supporters, and on a worldwide TV audience ... was too much even for dirty Leeds.

I’d rather have Richard Keogh. In his present state.

Pontus Jansson, lest we forget—a player whose determination to impose the very worst kind of bad sportsmanship and gaffer-defying arrogance on his own team mates and supporters, and on a worldwide TV audience ... was too much even for dirty Leeds.

I’d rather have Richard Keogh. In his present state.

His deleted twitter post was particularly enjoyable.

Interesting review that Roy, thanks, makes for a good read. I like this comment about McGoldrick...

“It’s like seeing an old girlfriend out with a richer, more successful and better looking man” :D

The thing is, and I've said this many times before, some footballers show early, some show late, some show not at all. The club, the manager, the set-up that they are in, all impact on these things. There's been many very good players who have just not hit it off at some clubs but been amazing at others.

I think Wilder has made some really good signings, most of them, not all. But the thing is that they have no choice when they come here - they either play to his standards or they don't play at all and are soon shipped out. If we take Lundstram for example, he didn't do much to warrant a start last season, but the lad has been very good for us this season and retains a shirt. That's another skill of Wilder's as well, knowing when to hold on to a player and give him a bit more time to raise his game. You could argue he's done the same with Mousset this season. He didn't get a look-in until Wilder felt he was at a higher level of personal fitness. Now look at him!

I think the story about McGoldrick is a special one though. I remember him signing on loan for Wednesday a few years ago, and my reaction to that was, "they're scraping the barrel!". Then, was it 2 or 3 seasons back? he played for Ipswich at Bramall Lane. When I heard his name on the team sheet I said to my lads, "bloody hell! David McGoldrick! I thought he'd retired! Things must be desperate at Ipswich if he's their main choice striker". And then I watched him closely and I thought..."What a good player! Still got great feet and movement" and I was impressed with what I saw that day. A friend who is an Ipswich fan said to me afterwards, "he's a talented player, but he's just hardly ever fit". So when we signed him from Ipswich in the summer I didn't expect to see more than the odd impressive cameo from him. I couldn't have been more wrong!

His performances have been excellent in most games he's played for us. Especially this season at the very highest level, where he is running around like a spring chicken (one with a head on) and linking up play all over the park. Anyone who was at Spurs last week will have seen what was probably his best performance in a Blades shirt. And he cost....zero. Same with Fleck.

For me, it sort of casts a shadow over the likes of McBurnie and Robinson, who we paid big fees for, when you see someone like McGoldrick, who cost no transfer fee, performing like that. So, I'm hoping Chris can work his magic on these two as well. If not then I don't think we need worry about them being here at the start of next season.

Imagine seeing O'Connell & Egan performing as they are in the Premier League, keeping the likes of Aubameyang, Kane, Lacazette, Salah, Mane, Firminho & Zaha quiet in a side that are currently sat in a European football qualifying place in England's top division... And thinking "yeah, I'd rather have Pontus Janssen".

🤡

Oxford fans are so bitter. I loved that game when we came back to beat them in that season. After they were sing "sacked in the morning" at Wilder - that's when things started to feel different for me.
“We should have the Chris Wilder stand but only if in that stand they have to exclusively serve chips (on your shoulder) and pints of bitter. “ :D

They've got a 'soft spot' or maybe 'hard spot' for Baldock though....... 👨‍❤️‍👨👬

Thanks Roy.

We have had a variety of comments over the past few weeks on here.

We've moved from being a bunch of rugby playing plumbers to now being a richer, more successful better looking boyfriend.

There's a common denominator that none of these fans have mentioned. All of these players have been influenced by Chris Wilder and Alan Knill. Maybe they ought to be questioning the quality of the management at their clubs when those players were playing for them.

There was a good player in all of them just waiting to be released.

Interesting review that Roy, thanks, makes for a good read. I like this comment about McGoldrick...

“It’s like seeing an old girlfriend out with a richer, more successful and better looking man” :D

The thing is, and I've said this many times before, some footballers show early, some show late, some show not at all. The club, the manager, the set-up that they are in, all impact on these things. There's been many very good players who have just not hit it off at some clubs but been amazing at others.

I think Wilder has made some really good signings, most of them, not all. But the thing is that they have no choice when they come here - they either play to his standards or they don't play at all and are soon shipped out. If we take Lundstram for example, he didn't do much to warrant a start last season, but the lad has been very good for us this season and retains a shirt. That's another skill of Wilder's as well, knowing when to hold on to a player and give him a bit more time to raise his game. You could argue he's done the same with Mousset this season. He didn't get a look-in until Wilder felt he was at a higher level of personal fitness. Now look at him!

I think the story about McGoldrick is a special one though. I remember him signing on loan for Wednesday a few years ago, and my reaction to that was, "they're scraping the barrel!". Then, was it 2 or 3 seasons back? he played for Ipswich at Bramall Lane. When I heard his name on the team sheet I said to my lads, "bloody hell! David McGoldrick! I thought he'd retired! Things must be desperate at Ipswich if he's their main choice striker". And then I watched him closely and I thought..."What a good player! Still got great feet and movement" and I was impressed with what I saw that day. A friend who is an Ipswich fan said to me afterwards, "he's a talented player, but he's just hardly ever fit". So when we signed him from Ipswich in the summer I didn't expect to see more than the odd impressive cameo from him. I couldn't have been more wrong!

His performances have been excellent in most games he's played for us. Especially this season at the very highest level, where he is running around like a spring chicken (one with a head on) and linking up play all over the park. Anyone who was at Spurs last week will have seen what was probably his best performance in a Blades shirt. And he cost....zero. Same with Fleck.

For me, it sort of casts a shadow over the likes of McBurnie and Robinson, who we paid big fees for, when you see someone like McGoldrick, who cost no transfer fee, performing like that. So, I'm hoping Chris can work his magic on these two as well. If not then I don't think we need worry about them being here at the start of next season.
You do wonder how McGoldrick hasn’t been a permanent fixture in the Premier League and the Ireland team for the past decade. He seems to have almost everything needed to succeed in the number 10 role. If he had scored a few more goals over the years we’d surely be looking at a player worth tens of £millions and maybe even playing for a ’big’ 6 team.

Thanks Roy.

We have had a variety of comments over the past few weeks on here.

We've moved from being a bunch of rugby playing plumbers to now being a richer, more successful better looking boyfriend.

There's a common denominator that none of these fans have mentioned. All of these players have been influenced by Chris Wilder and Alan Knill. Maybe they ought to be questioning the quality of the management at their clubs when those players were playing for them.

There was a good player in all of them just waiting to be released.
Definitely, the pair are like magicians. I’m starting to think that I hung up my boots too early...40 years too early. ;)

Thanks Roy. I enjoyed reading that. As usual, a real mixed bag, it amuses me how blinkered some football fans can be!

Brentford must be having some awful bad luck because when ever I read their fans comments they sound amazing .

Brentalona

Back
Top Bottom