Incoming? Diego Rico

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
One of the names mentioned in The Star as a potential cover for Jack. I thought he was a left back for Bournemouth although I can’t say I know too much about him. Seem to remember him picking up a few assists in the 18/19 season as I had him in my fantasy football team!

Played LCB for them a few times. Tremendous left foot. Thought he struggled to break in at Bournemouth, but maybe a natural settling in period.

Edit: (Can't say I'm too familiar with how good he actually is)

Last edited:
Think he seemed better going forward than defensively but a good shout for our system.

God knows what prices we would be looking at though.

A loan would be may be a good option for all parties. We would take him off Bournemouth’s wage bill without having to commit to a full transfer and the associated costs. It would tide us over until Jack is back. The Star seems to suggest that RND has earmarked as a longer term option for the LCB role.

Isn't he the one that went down like a sniper had picked him off every time anyone went near him at the Lane?

Reason Wilder ended up squaring up to someone on the touchline.

Yep and you could hear him squeal and yelp from the South Stand

Would be happy with this if true. Loan to buy could be a great bit of business. Rico and Brewster to finish of the Window would definitely make it look better on paper. 🤞

Yh it was the guy who went down like he got his eye pulled out

Smaller than both Stevens and Robinson, I don't see the point. If we want a new player for this position it should be one who adds height and strength, as well as being decent on the ball.
Could be the left sided premier league version of Cranie. The part I find promising with Rico is his incredible interception numbers that are vital for our wide defenders and is an actual deadball threat from corners.

Could be the left sided premier league version of Cranie. The part I find promising with Rico is his incredible interception numbers that are vital for our wide defenders and is an actual deadball threat from corners.

I think Robinson has looked steady and we've seen Stevens doing that role well if we want a bigger attacking contribution - a move which would also allow us to see more of Lowe, who was MoM at Burnley. Bryan also remains a squad player for this position.

But those three are not particularly big for a centre back and Rico is even smaller. We've struggled to clear set pieces and already conceded twice from back post headers this season. We also lack aerial threats for our own set pieces, so a bigger centre half would probably add more to us.

I think Robinson has looked steady and we've seen Stevens doing that role well if we want a bigger attacking contribution - a move which would also allow us to see more of Lowe, who was MoM at Burnley. Bryan also remains a squad player for this position.

But those three are not particularly big for a centre back and Rico is even smaller. We've struggled to clear set pieces and already conceded twice from back post headers this season. We also lack aerial threats for our own set pieces, so a bigger centre half would probably add more to us.

I think we are more than covered down the LCB position and would rather see us spend the money on another striker/creative midfielder.

If we want to seriously look at one way to turn this setback to our advantage, it would be finding someone that can add aerially not just defensively but at attacking set pieces. I don’t think we’re going to find someone that will do the all-round aspects of the role (and tbh Robinson is adequate in that regard) but we might get someone that isn’t quite as good on the overlap or on the ball in general but who is a powerful LCB. As good as JOC has been, he hasn’t really provided the attacking threat we’d have hoped for last season.

Just listening to talksport commentary cov v bournmouth and one of the hosts talking about us being linked with rico, was sounding as if its advanced

Guy's a good left back. I'd fancy myself against him in the air though!

Nae Fannies.

I thought Rico got brutally murdered by Sander last season? Has he actually managed to recover?!

Wilder does like players he's had a scrap with.

Him and McBurnie had a bit of a go when we played Swansea in the champ and we ended up buying him.

I don't know if this Rico is any good though, only remember him being a twat tbh.

Wilder does like players he's had a scrap with.

Him and McBurnie had a bit of a go when we played Swansea in the champ and we ended up buying him.

I don't know if this Rico is any good though, only remember him being a twat tbh.

He might be just what we are looking for as I think we need a couple more to be streetwise twats in our side. Be nice lads off the pitch but a couple of complete twats on the pitch might give us an edge. Sometimes I think we are too nice as a side.

Probably available from Sociedad after they signed Tierney

A safer option than most, I think

Back
Top Bottom