Derby players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love it if we signed Eiran Cashin, think he could be great for us.

Just about 6ft, left footed centre back with decent ability on the ball and an eye for the odd towering header.

Yes please 🙏🏻

Seeing as their takeover has reportedly collapsed I’d imagine there will be a lot of players looking to get out and secure themselves employment for next year plus young lads at every age group who will look to continue their journeys in the game elsewhere. We should be looking at this very closely given Derby’s record of producing players.

Seeing as their takeover has reportedly collapsed I’d imagine there will be a lot of players looking to get out and secure themselves employment for next year plus young lads at every age group who will look to continue their journeys in the game elsewhere. We should be looking at this very closely given Derby’s record of producing players.
I would imagine they already are, together with a load of other clubs.

I would imagine they already are, together with a load of other clubs.
You’d hope so the lads who have broken through into the first team have started to be picked up by prem sides like palace and Watford but the younger lads that might have to stay local due to still being dependent on parents etc we might stand a chance with.

Apparently Derby still owe a few quid on the Krystian Bielik transfer (original fee £8m). Played the final third of the season and proved his fitness. Plays CB and CM and still only 24. Worth a cheeky bid to help derby's finances?

Apparently Derby still owe a few quid on the Krystian Bielik transfer (original fee £8m). Played the final third of the season and proved his fitness. Plays CB and CM and still only 24. Worth a cheeky bid to help derby's finances?

Why do Derby need help with their finances following completion of their takeover? Any M&A team worth their salt will have ensured that all obligations and liabilities are identified and included within the transaction price

Why do Derby need help with their finances following completion of their takeover? Any M&A team worth their salt will have ensured that all obligations and liabilities are identified and included within the transaction price
They'll still have to meet their FFP obligations. Being bought out by a consortium doesn't suddenly give them a magic money tree.

So does that mean they are loaded then? They hardly have a squad atm, so I'm pretty sure they would be grateful of a few quid and free up wages for squad re building.

Really good player, but two really bad injuries in quick succession would mean he's a HUGE gamble.

So does that mean they are loaded then? They hardly have a squad atm, so I'm pretty sure they would be grateful of a few quid and free up wages for squad re building.

Maybe so and a good point raised by Le Cynique re: FFP.

Who knows how much the new owners plan to / are able to spend but you'd think there would be less pressure to sell than under the previous regime and while they were in admin.

They'll still have to meet their FFP obligations. Being bought out by a consortium doesn't suddenly give them a magic money tree.
It more or less does. They’re subject to SCMP which allows cash injections or equity injections to be considered part of turnover.

So, if the new owner has money, he can put it into the club and they can spend it.

It more or less does. They’re subject to SCMP which allows cash injections or equity injections to be considered part of turnover.

So, if the new owner has money, he can put it into the club and they can spend it.

I would have to read up more about the new owner, but the little I did see, on BBC News website, the company that he runs (property development) made a profit of 22 million last year, that's not a huge amount in football, these days.

I would have to read up more about the new owner, but the little I did see, on BBC News website, the company that he runs (property development) made a profit of 22 million last year, that's not a huge amount in football, these days.
It's been making those sort of profits for years ,and asset wise he will be wealthy .think he will run them on a more sustainable model

I was thinking him too, but unless we can get him for a cut price he'd only be 2nd to both Egan and Basham. Doubt he'd want to come as cover for them though.

Not prepared to sell. Prepared to loan.

Midfield option with Norwood, Fleck and Coulibaly. Then shove Doyle further forward with Berge, N’Diaye and Khadra.

Job done affordably.

Really good player, but two really bad injuries in quick succession would mean he's a HUGE gamble.
#playersuggestion

Played 35 appearances on loan at Birmingham this season from September onwards. They want to sign him.

One year left on Derby contract.

I was thinking as a midfielder. Can also play CB though.

Last edited:
Jason Knight’s contract is up at the end of the season
No it’s not. They’ve exercised the option for a year’s extension:

Doesn’t mean he won’t go, like, but as I said to my ex at least they’ll get a bit of money for him if he does.

I'm still having flashbacks to when Clough and his entire scouting network (i.e. his brother, Simon) tried to recreate Clough's Derby side.

Mind you, they do have a lad up front that looks useful!

Back
Top Bottom