Derby blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Derbyblade1968

Reaction score
Greetings fellow blades . my first ever post on here. ,A lot of posters will remember me from the handsworth coaches I used to run ..I moved to Derby 2 years ago and love it down here . I live between pride park and the old baseball ground in an area called alvaston . Since living here I've met a half dozen or so blades through work and the pubs ..There is a pub here run by a blade with blades memorabilia on the walls its called the Harrington arms. I avoid the Brunswick cos the bloke who runs it is a pig. Pubs I'd recomend blades coming down on new years day are Exeter arms . five lamps. Smithfield . peacock . and where I work the standing order. Coming by train the police will shove blades in Tiffany's and royal telegraph on London road . Both are dives but police will corden you to both so I'd try get early and head into town. Neptune the bell and merry widow are ones to avoid on match day. Its an unusual one for me as I'm gonna be sat with my partner and her brothers in the derby end to your left as there rams fans and from where I live I can walk to the ground in 15, minutes. Any derby blades reading this I'm a regular in the Exeter Fridays and Smithfield on a Sunday.. Utb

Have away fans been moved in to the corner now from behind the goal ?
Good info about The Brunswick, I'd have headed there from the station.

Hi . yes away fans are in the corner they have been for a couple of years now. The away end we used to have the big end is now let's say Derby's kop end the vocal end . Its spoilt by a drummer who bangs away all game. I used to go in the Brunswick a lot but one particular Saturday night the landlord clocked my blades badge and started shouting to his mates eh up theez a pig in tonight . Lets say I didn't take his words well and gave it him back big time. My partner refuses to go in cos she knows what'll happen . Once a month a few wendies come down for a few drinks with him and its a pig party of songs etc. Walk further on you have the Alexander but come out the station turn right follow the canal path into town you have several brilliant pubs real ale pubs very close to eachother .My favourite is the Exeter but onbroute back to the ground is the Smithfield. I work in wetherspoons the standing order in town and its Always a mix of home and away fans just avoid jorrocks a couple doors away its Derby's lads pub . Next door to standing order is Thomas leaper another wetherspoons . I only go in both cos I get half price ale with working for them. Utb

The Navigation on London Road has limited parking and is an 'away' pub. Not far to walk.

I actually live accross the road from the navigation. Theres a decent but rough real ale pub not far from the navigation along the canal path called the steaming billy. Its a 20 minute walk to the ground from there.

I actually live accross the road from the navigation. Theres a decent but rough real ale pub not far from the navigation along the canal path called the steaming billy. Its a 20 minute walk to the ground from there.
Used to be Wilmott Arms. Not sure about away supporters being welcome.

Navigation usually has a fair few away fans in. Steaming billy is more an estate pub and hard to find if ur not local. Do you no the pear tree tavern near the old baseball ground ? Its closed now but my partners mum and dad used to be landlord and landlady .

Think you mean allenton there mate and in two months time we will be moving to shardlow once completed .

I drink in shardlow a lot and love the malt shovel and dog and duck. So many pubs there in such a small place. My partners brother lives in chellaston towards bonny prince side.

If you’re drinking in Shardlow I’d highly reccomend popping up the hill to Castle Donington. The Castle, The Potters and the Chequred Flag are fantastic. Not met any other Blades in CD but the Derby fans are great, the few Forest fans around live up to the Wednesday of the Midlands but overall it’s great

Back
Top Bottom