'Dem Blades' is back...as a subscription fanzine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 47 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

Done. Big fan of the Dem Blades blogs so very much looking forward to these.

Thank you sir - I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I already have the first one you did (the annual), will this be 4 new ones?

This is something I should try and make a little clearer, I think. It is ALL NEW: winter, spring, summer autumn editions. I'll get round to posting a blog explaining the full shebang.

I’m in...

What a time to be a Blade...

There’s Dem Blades and the Blades Podcast and Roygbiv and Deadbat and Blades Analytics and this mighty forum and that blummin marvellous, marvellous team we support.

It’s a cornucopia of wonderfulness I tell ya.

UTMB

All ready to subscribe from sunny Singapore but the shipping at fifteen quid is a tad on the steep side.......

Steve Mackan i miss your post match blog soooooo much. Can't you do a monthly one? Pretty please.

Haha, thanks for the kind words. It's something I'll return to on an ad hoc basis once I've got the first issue of the quarterly sewn up. Nearly there now, so hopefully I'll get around to it soon!

All ready to subscribe from sunny Singapore but the shipping at fifteen quid is a tad on the steep side.......
Sorry, only just seen this. Do you wanna drop me a personal message and I'll check the shipping. We just put £15 as a catch-all, but more than happy to get a quote.

I can’t subscribe as my billing address is outside the UK and the checkout won’t accept my postcode (or a non UK phone number).

Any chance I can do a bank transfer?

I'm in...will they deliver here you think...
imgres

TELEMMGLPICT000086688901_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqplGOf-dgG3z4gg9owgQTXDVXE4-NcPVfcZy5a1cUJ04.jpeg

:):)

Last edited:
Hr

Hey Steve Will there be a Web version available to purchase for us overseas blades? Or mebbe an emailed pdf?

Yes - something like that will be put in place. We're just working out the best way to do that at the minute. I'll post an update on here as/when it's worked out.
I'm in...will they deliver here you think...
imgres

TELEMMGLPICT000086688901_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqplGOf-dgG3z4gg9owgQTXDVXE4-NcPVfcZy5a1cUJ04.jpeg

:):)

Sorry - DPD and Hermes will deliver, but there's no guarantee that they won't drop it outside the front door. Obviously, this is a problem as all manner of space flotsam could pepper it to smithereens.

Mine arrived this morning. I must say, the packaging and presentation is fantastic. I’d pay the money for that alone!!!

I don’t want to use the stickers though. Be a shame to waste them. Still, clubhouse shall be decorated with a few tonight I’m sure.

I’ll crack on reading in a bit.

I stopped the blogs a few months ago to nominal, but dignified cries of "all't best pal".

But now we are back with Dem Blades Quarterly.

Our new fanzine will be published four times a year and you can subscribe for the whole of 2019 here. It will include such features as:
  • Tony Agana - the real 'un - writes an advice column as our resident 'Agana Aunt'
  • Blades history in our Looking back, and forwards column
  • Steve Mackan is back with diaries and the full story of Trudy, Madely, Deeply
  • Roy's Shit Games in 50 Words of Less, and Alternate Blades History
  • Spoof and satire and cerebral humour in abundance
  • Stats and match analyis
  • Goals of the quarter designed like this
  • Interviews with former Blades players and Blades fans
  • Original cover art by local artists
  • And loads more than that...
We've tried to work out the best way to make this fanzine sustainable, and hope we've found the happy medium. It's £4 (+PP) to buy a single issue and £20 to subscribe for the whole year, which includes postage and access to additional 'Dem Blades' goodies (stickers, prints, badges and one-off publications).

I'd be really interested in getting the thoughts of this forum on whether or not you think this whole thing is a good idea (there's a poll for that)? And any content you'd be interested in seeing and any other general comments.

UTB

PS - it's a bloody good xmas present for those who haven't the time for xmas shopping
Done today, gbs

Received mine too. Criminal damage set to commence henceforth with those stickers.

Mine arrived this morning. I must say, the packaging and presentation is fantastic. I’d pay the money for that alone!!!

I don’t want to use the stickers though. Be a shame to waste them. Still, clubhouse shall be decorated with a few tonight I’m sure.

I’ll crack on reading in a bit.

Thanks pal - let me know what you reckon to the content, particularly how it compares to last year's Annual.

Done today, gbs

Cheers mate!

Received mine too. Criminal damage set to commence henceforth with those stickers.

We DO NOT condone criminal damage mi lard.

Yes - something like that will be put in place. We're just working out the best way to do that at the minute. I'll post an update on here as/when it's worked out.

Was gonna speak to you about that at some stage, give us a shout if it's anything you might want to do in conjunction with S24SU.

Big thanks Steve and everyone involved just got home from work and found lying on the floor as i walked in the flat am really looking forward to reading it.
Thanks folks.
:):):)

Back
Top Bottom