Incoming? Defoe and Long

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Something on FB saying announcement after 6pm, shows a video of when signed dowell and a video of defoe, will have to wait and see

Unfortunately, the idea of Utd doing press releases after 6pm and on Facebook doesn't seem plausible? They'll be doing it via VIP Blades next....

Long wont be going anywhere anytime soon. Ings now injured and Austin facing a ban. Think Gabbiadini also out of favour and the youngster (Obiafemi sp?) also injured.

Good. A player with the scoring record of Long's won't improve us

Very similar stats to McGoldrick.

Starts:
Long - 239, 87 goals (2.74 games per goal)
McG - 277, 94 goals (2.94 games per goal)

Inc Subs:
Long - 405, 87 goals (4.65 games)
McG - 364, 94 goals (3.87 games)

If Wilder thinks he's good enough,he'll do for me. He's more of an intelligent player than a goalscorer.

Very similar stats to McGoldrick.

Starts:
Long - 239, 87 goals (2.74 games per goal)
McG - 277, 94 goals (2.94 games per goal)

Inc Subs:
Long - 405, 87 goals (4.65 games)
McG - 364, 94 goals (3.87 games)

If Wilder thinks he's good enough,he'll do for me. He's more of an intelligent player than a goalscorer.
Is he? I don't see that. I see him more as a hard worker who runs the channels and gets off the last man.

Why does his neck overlap his shirt. And why is his body a different colour to his head?

I don't care about his imperfections though, I just want him to score goals

No chance, his feet have been photoshopped on too, taken from a picture of Foghorn Leghorn......................

Is he? I don't see that. I see him more as a hard worker who runs the channels and gets off the last man.

A couple of seasons ago he was the fastest player in the Premier Division. Having said which he will be 32 later this month, but I'd imagine he's still quicker than anyone else we have at the moment. We need more pace, it will give us another option. For instance it does my head in when we bring everyone back when the opposition get a corner. Leave someone who can shift on the halfway line and they have to leave at least two players back to mark him. At the moment they all come into our half and if we have to clear it long they have possession every time.

Can't see Southampton letting him go unless they sign someone themselves.

Not disappointed. He's have been on massive wages which could have affected team spirit and I'm not sure he's any better than Billy

Balls, really thought this was going to come off for us. I know Billy and Didsy are scoring most weeks recently but historically we know this will dry up for a spell

To put a positive on this, he'd have been a decent replacement for Tammy Abraham at Villa should he end up in the Premier League.

Plus, he would occupy a similar role to Billy. You want someone to complement not replace. Leon can also play Billy's role to be fair.

Phew, I was worried he might head to an English club where he might score – with him in Scotland, Sharp is free to extend his English league goals gap with Defoe, who will remain 5th.

Defoe to similar to Billy, with Billy in the form of his life we don’t need Defoe.

Could do with a more physical presence up top or pace
This.

A much better version of Clarke is where we need to be searching.

UTB

This.

A much better version of Clarke is where we need to be searching.

UTB

s-l300.jpg

I don’t get why people wouldn’t want a player of Defoe’s calibre at the lane, he might be getting on a bit and be on a lot of dosh but he’s on a lot of dosh for a reason because he’s proved himself time and time again.

Defoe in the Championship would’ve been lethal in our setup.

Obviously it was never going to happen because we couldn’t afford his wages so it’s all irrelevant but don’t dismiss the qualities of a player like him.

I don’t get why people wouldn’t want a player of Defoe’s calibre at the lane, he might be getting on a bit and be on a lot of dosh but he’s on a lot of dosh for a reason because he’s proved himself time and time again.

Defoe in the Championship would’ve been lethal in our setup.

Obviously it was never going to happen because we couldn’t afford his wages so it’s all irrelevant but don’t dismiss the qualities of a player like him.

Not dismissing him but we have a younger version of him banging goals in for fun with match fitness that Defoe doesn’t have.

It wouldn’t add any other dimension to the team

Not dismissing him but we have a younger version of him banging goals in for fun with match fitness that Defoe doesn’t have.

It wouldn’t add any other dimension to the team
Defoe is quicker, still, and proved how many goals he can score at the top level consistently, how can that not be another dimension?

The issue for me is obviously the affordability and the deal never been on in the first place so it doesn’t really matter, it’s pretty irrelevant either way.

Good point regards his match fitness though and that could’ve proved a problem, one we don’t need in all fairness.

He’d put bums on seats though.

Back
Top Bottom