Defense

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
We showed signs of it at the back end of last season, but we were an absolute mess at the back today. Not just the back 5, but also the midfield.

On the few occasions they actually were able to string a few passes together, we were abject. Huge gaps. No one marking their midfielders. Painfully slow to react. Painfully slow to move.

We gave the ball away in dangerous positions several times. stupid moron passes. We don't clear our lines. When they did pass long it was so slow and telegraphed as to be useless. Or hammering long balls to players who aren't target me.

The only player with any credit today at the back was O'Connell.

They were not helped by the 3 in midfield failing to track runners or mark the opposition.Or tackle. Or move the ball at any speed.

• Banned
JOC was shite today, so I disagree.

Only player worth their salt in the back 6 were Henderson and Baldock.

I thought O'Connell was ok. He was certainly the most solid of the defenders. Baldock was poor in defence. They should of scored when he let Montero get round him. It was a good finish but he did fairly little going forward as well.

Henderson was ok. Made a couple of decent saves but also didn't command or organise well enough. His distribution is quite worrying.

We showed signs of it at the back end of last season, but we were an absolute mess at the back today. Not just the back 5, but also the midfield.

On the few occasions they actually were able to string a few passes together, we were abject. Huge gaps. No one marking their midfielders. Painfully slow to react. Painfully slow to move.

We gave the ball away in dangerous positions several times. stupid moron passes. We don't clear our lines. When they did pass long it was so slow and telegraphed as to be useless. Or hammering long balls to players who aren't target me.

They were not helped by the 3 in midfield failing to track runners or mark the opposition.Or tackle. Or move the ball at any speed.
I’m not worried about that back 3, solid for most of the game but lack games together.

Everything thing in the middle in front though... shite today

• Banned
I’m not worried about that back 3, solid for most of the game but lack games together.

Everything thing in the middle in front though... shite today

I think Egan is a sold to good Championship defender. It will take him time to adjust to the system. It's rather embarrassing that he's our record signing though.
O'Connell isn't as good as some think he is, but still a good defender
My main worry in the back 3 is Basham. He's a liability at times

As a back 3 we're pretty slow, which is going to cause us an issue or ten.

I think Egan is a sold to good Championship defender. It will take him time to adjust to the system. It's rather embarrassing that he's our record signing though.
O'Connell isn't as good as some think he is, but still a good defender
My main worry in the back 3 is Basham. He's a liability at times

As a back 3 we're pretty slow, which is going to cause us an issue or ten.
JOC is quality, Egan too and whilst bash isn’t the fashionable defender, he does a cracking job and never lets us down.

That back 3 will do well this season

I thought o Connell was as bad as anyone today and looked as unfit as he did half of last season
I'd drop him

JOC is quality, Egan too and whilst bash isn’t the fashionable defender, he does a cracking job and never lets us down.

That back 3 will do well this season
joc was not quality he looked slow and soft as shite
Egan was awful and basham too was soft as soft shite and defended like he's just finished the London marathon and was still wearing his fancy dress costume
Stevens, well we all know he should have been replaced last October

I've been hoping that Wilder would start to go with a 4-4-2 formation this season as it is becoming increasingly obvious that a team with fast wide players can tear us a new arsehole when they catch us on the break later in the game.

Time for a change so that we are more solid down each side of our defence as we were all over the place defensively in the 2nd half.

Annoyingly though this is nothing new. It's been like that for nearly half a season now and today reminded me of the Villa game at home last season where you could see huge gaps showing down each flank of our defence and you saw the danger coming.

Still, never mind formations etc, you still have to do the basics of defending right and I thought we were very very sloppy defensively today. We were very poor today.

I thought most of the problems with our defense were actually caused by the strikers inability to hold the ball up and the midfielders failing to put a tackle in.

The only bright side today is no one is coming in with silly money for JOC this week, today he was the poorest of the back three.

Egan was okay, was he £4millions pounds better than Stearman? not on that but he needs to settle in.

Bash gave 100% as always but a year older and not as mobile as he could be.

Think you're all be8ng a bit harsh.

They had quality out wide and made it count.

Our biggest problem was the midfield where we short on numbers and defensively biased.

Fleck never really got into the game and Evans and Lundstram are solid rather than spectacular.

As a result we never really had them on the back foot and we need to look at that.

I'm not unhappy though, we were beaten by a team with better quality but we never gave up

Such is life.

Thought the back three were equally bad today didn't even win a header all game, wing backs poor too neither of them can beat a man Baldock the better of the two. Midfield non existent today Fleck and Lundstram especially poor leaving the front two feeding off scraps. We threw away a very winnable game against a poor Swansea team who came Norwich like for a point until they realised how shit we were

The main problem with the defence and this includes stearman is that they are all soft

They let players dominate them physically and basically let them.get in first

I watch defenders at the lane tottaly dominate Sharp and Clarke by getting in first with a shove a barge a shirtpull or a kick
Our lads just let wankbags like madine strutt around like pele

Need to grow some bollox

Back
Top Bottom