Defence v Man U

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
So with Egan out injured and also JOC, what do we see as the potential trio of defenders?

Not that it is entirely satisfactory but I think I'd go something funky like:

Bogle Baldock Ampadu Basham Stevens

I don't like Robinson as a defender at this level. Red card or pen in waiting.

Keen Bryan also too much of an unknown quantity.

Much as I've enjoyed his career, Jags is past it at this level. You're looking at another 3 goals.

So you've got as one option, Stevens coming in LCB and Ampadu to CB but he always seems to struggle centrally.

He's not the biggest but I do think George is one of the best one v one defenders we have.

How do you reckon we should line up the defence?

Speed is more important against Man U than aerial ability, so Egan’s loss might not be as devastating as it might be otherwise. That said, I’m not sure if we have any particularly fast defenders either. Perhaps keep Bogle on the right and have Baldock inside him?

Not saying that was my choice but, just out of interest, who else do we have that would make it stronger, taller and mightier?
I'm just jesting mate - it's a sad state of affairs that, we're so depleted, that it could well be a reality. We don't really have any other options to add strength, height or might.

Graham's been recalled from Notts County, coincidence?? 😜

Given the Irish fucking love Man Poo it does seem a gigantic coincidence that Egan has managed to miss all 4 games against them...did he really need to make that tackle on Kane with 4 mins to go on edge of Spurs box??

Given the Irish fucking love Man Poo it does seem a gigantic coincidence that Egan has managed to miss all 4 games against them...did he really need to make that tackle on Kane with 4 mins to go on edge of Spurs box??

Surely he'd want to play at Old Trafford?

So with Egan out injured and also JOC, what do we see as the potential trio of defenders?

Not that it is entirely satisfactory but I think I'd go something funky like:

Bogle Baldock Ampadu Basham Stevens

I don't like Robinson as a defender at this level. Red card or pen in waiting.

Keen Bryan also too much of an unknown quantity.

Much as I've enjoyed his career, Jags is past it at this level. You're looking at another 3 goals.

So you've got as one option, Stevens coming in LCB and Ampadu to CB but he always seems to struggle centrally.

He's not the biggest but I do think George is one of the best one v one defenders we have.

How do you reckon we should line up the defence?
For both games against Manchester I'd go with a 4 4 1 1 and play a low block to hopefully frustrate them with no space behind for them to exploit.
Not Ramsdale
Baldock bash ampadu Stevens
Bogle Lunny Fleck Osborn
Didsy
Burke

And then Egan back in for ampadu against city

We need to score at least 4 to win and 3 for a point so just ignore the defending and play all out attack.

He'd probably not be happy but if he's fit I'd stick McBurnie in there and try and use his aerial power. He might be able to stand in for JOC 'till he returns?

Its like we are the Joker in more ways than one. Other teams now know we are their Joker card, play us and guarantee at least a 1-0 win at home or away.

In the back 5?!
Aye. Face it, he's not pulling any trees up when hes playing up top. He could still go up top for our corners. Might take some pressure off him. Cant see how he'd be worse than Bryan, Amps, Jags, or Enda back there..
Didnt Dion Dublin do something similar? He wasn't too shabby.

We're gonna lose anyway so let's not play with a defence

We've got a good 5-0 thrashing coming sooner or later as even more despair sets in, and now that our entire first choice defence is out let's play defender wag

You never know, we might get a shot or two on target on our way to a battering

5-4-1 that can become 8-2-0 within the blink of an eye.
6-1-3 forget the midfield defend like mad .then belt it upfield to brewster and burke.might be a goal in there somewhere to counteract there 4.......6 .if you know who plays.

He'd probably not be happy but if he's fit I'd stick McBurnie in there and try and use his aerial power. He might be able to stand in for JOC 'till he returns?
I'd stick Rammers in at CB and Verrips in net. If it turns bad they can swap positions. I thank you.

it will be 5-4-1 with burke up front if baldocks fit good opportunity to play him and bogle on right basham ampadu and stevens as the back 3 osborn lwb middle 4 bogle lundstrum goldie and fleck

Back
Top Bottom