December TV games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

West Ham on a Friday night... bet that’s gone down well with SYP’s finest, they would have wanted that Saturday lunchtime.

Apparently not. According to SYP's finest Friday night reduces the risk of trouble because there's less time to spend in the pub. :D

No doubt that useless theory will be consigned to the dustbin along with the other we must stop fans drinking strategies after this game. Expect certain pubs to be closed down for this one

Doesnt that mean a million for every tv game??

Last year it was £1.2 million for a home game. Although each side gets a minimum of 10 games even if not shown ten times. If we get over ten games on TV then we start to make even more money. I can't imagine it costs £1.2 million to put a spread on for TV crew!

Liverpool on Thursday 2nd Jan is absolutely ridiculous. The only way I'm going to be able to go to that one is if I get a new job cause there's absolutely no chance I'm going to be able to have that time off in my current job.

Whilst I’d prefer more traditional times for matches, there’s not too much to grumble about in reality. Liverpool aways not the best but knock off work at 4 and make it in plenty of time (if going from SYorks). City away is ok as it’s not far. 3rd of cup will be Sunday / Monday and with west ham the following Friday pretty sure we’ll be chucking that!!

Be interesting to see if anyone is put off going to the Liverpool game. Might get further down the loyalty points than we think that one.

Last year it was £1.2 million for a home game. Although each side gets a minimum of 10 games even if not shown ten times. If we get over ten games on TV then we start to make even more money. I can't imagine it costs £1.2 million to put a spread on for TV crew!

The numbers are completely fucked when it comes to TV matches, though. BT pay an average of £9m PER MATCH. There is absolutely no way they are making money off that. Nowhere close.

Look at the state of those kick-off times though. Absolutely all over the place. They are just sticking matches in every conceivable time slot to ring every last penny out of these crippling TV deals. It's all going to come crashing down very soon.

pep Guardiola earlier has a point 26th & 1st (or in there case 27th & 2nd) that's fine fine but I don't see the point for the fixtures on the weekend in middle they arent needed, because going 22nd 27th 29th 2nd 5th 11th is overboard. just have a another set of evening fixtures & if anything its worse for us, because id rather play city outside of festive fixtures because we've likely got to face their fresh 2nd string.

Ederson
Mendy Stones Garcia Zinchenko
B Silva Foden Gundogkan
Mahrez Jesus Sane

Too many zeroes in there mate, last year we got £100,000 per home game shown on sky. I think this went up slightly for midweek matches but definitely nowhere near £1m. Any away games we were on Sky we only got £10,000.

pep Guardiola earlier has a point 26th & 1st (or in there case 27th & 2nd) that's fine fine but I don't see the point for the fixtures on the weekend in middle they arent needed, because going 22nd 27th 29th 2nd 5th 11th is overboard. just have a another set of evening fixtures & if anything its worse for us, because id rather play city outside of festive fixtures because we've likely got to face their fresh 2nd string.

Ederson
Mendy Stones Garcia Zinchenko
B Silva Foden Gundogkan
Mahrez Jesus Sane
So you would rather us face De Bruyne? I wouldn't.

Too many zeroes in there mate, last year we got £100,000 per home game shown on sky. I think this went up slightly for midweek matches but definitely nowhere near £1m. Any away games we were on Sky we only got £10,000.

Last year in the premier league

So you would rather us face De Bruyne? I wouldn't.

its will have been our 3rd game in 8 days. liverpool game 4th in 12. we aren't able to make the 11 changes. that midfield that will fully rested which would make the 1st team of majority most PL Teams will be tougher to play with our tired legs than de bryune than who had 90mins in 2 days prior

Back
Top Bottom