December TV games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Shit .... we’ve got a heavy schedule!!
We do actually have 11 games in December/Jan (inc Wolves game which has been moved to 1st Dec).

If you consider that there are 10 rounds of games so 100 matches in the League in the 2 months and 70 of these are having their original date/ko time moved!

We do actually have 11 games in December/Jan (inc Wolves game which has been moved to 1st Dec).

If you consider that there are 10 rounds of games so 100 matches in the League in the 2 months and 70 of these are having their original date/ko time moved!

It’s crap. Considering some of the likely changes traditional k off Xmas/Ny games and lack of Saturday games are going to be rare and fac3 will change too if NYD gets moved !

From a tv point of view, putting Liverpool or Man U on in primetime makes much more sense- they’ll get far more viewers. Who actually wants to watch us v Watford apart from our fans (most of who will be at the game), Watford fans and pig fans wearing yellow onesies and pretending they arent bothered?

Think they are referring to travel/distance.

I looked at that, Man Utd v Newcastle & Aston Villa V norwich are both longer by road for the away team. than watford to Bramall lane
__

From a tv point of view, putting Liverpool or Man U on in primetime makes much more sense- they’ll get far more viewers. Who actually wants to watch us v Watford apart from our fans (most of who will be at the game), Watford fans and pig fans wearing yellow onesies and pretending they arent bothered?

I posted this on similar thread about 5 weeks ago. I did see us get the showcase game, as bar us Watford who wants to watch relegation battle

I think this really will be much ado about nothing, I might be wrong but I was looking at the boxing day fixtures & amazon confirmed in august that they will be taking 4 games back to back almost having a 9 hour marathon. ill be honest if I was choosing / predicting 4 games there are far more interesting games (taking my biased hat off) for neutrals for the standout game than our game v Watford. my guess they would take 4 of these 5 listed in bold (id even put us 7th behind Chelsea v Southampton)
Bournemouth v Arsenal *
Aston Villa v Norwich
Chelsea v Southampton
Crystal Palace v West Ham *
Everton v Burnley
Leicester v Liverpool *
Manchester United v Newcastle *

Sheffield United v Watford
Tottenham v Brighton
Wolves v Manchester City *

Now to be announced later today, or...er, tomorrow say the Premier league.

Our trip to Man City will be moved to Sunday as Wolves v Man City has been switched to Fri Dec 27th.

New Year’s Eve in scouse land might now be at risk as well if they nudge all the games ! That will not go down well with a few.

We surely cannot play Newcastle on 5th and Norwich 2 days later.

To echo your thoughts, Thursday at 7.30 WTF

Not sure I’ve ever been to a blades game on a chuffin Thursday evening, maybe a leg of the play offs but must be very rare

The Thursday game means 4 tickets bought for a concert that day now wasted, thought we'd be safe on a Thursday night!

Whys man c away 6pm not on tele???

Moved to Sunday as Man City play Friday the 27th. I assume its that time to suit international TV coverage of Man Citys games and not to clash with any earlier Sunday games that are being televised over seas.

Back
Top Bottom