Dear Chris Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AlienWoodward

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the best four seasons I can recall since my first game as a 9 year old way back in 1972.
I've witnessed some serious dross in the years since then, bad chairmans, bad managers and dreadful players.
John Harris had us playing some good football but that was in the early 70s, we've never had good football since then.
We got relegated. Stooped as low as the old 4th division, but our fan base was there in force, none of the "We're only here for the Premier league mob", were even born back then, it was great.
We had to wait 13 years for Dave Bassett to rescue us though.
The football was mainly poor but we were back in the big boys league.
It didn't last long though and we got relegated (again) but to be fair we're Blades it's what happens.
Then we had some shit stuff going off for a bit until Neil Warnock came and got us promoted. We hounded him out though because he wasn't good enough,so he took another team to the Premier league. So we had some more shit managers, in fact really shit managers and got relegated again etc....
Then you came along. We probably paid you about 200 quid a week and you took us out of league one after six years playing some good football.
Then we hung around the championship for a season, but decided to leave that to Wednesday and get promoted again.
We had a great season in the Premier League, my favourite since we finished 6th in the top tier but that was in another century.
Anyway basically you're getting us relegated now and you've upset some of our play station football Managers as well as some fans who've played at an high level on Sunday mornings.
So it looks like you've got to be sacked, apparently you're shit now.
Cheers Chris, keep your chin up and bring us back next season,some of us Fkin love you man ❤️
UTB

Thank you so much for the best four seasons I can recall since my first game as a 9 year old way back in 1972.
I've witnessed some serious dross in the years since then, bad chairmans, bad managers and dreadful players.
John Harris had us playing some good football but that was in the early 70s, we've never had good football since then.
We got relegated. Stooped as low as the old 4th division, but our fan base was there in force, none of the "We're only here for the Premier league mob", were even born back then, it was great.
It didn't last long though and we got relegated (again) but to be fair we're Blades it's what happens.
Then we had some shit stuff going off for a bit until Neil Warnock came and got us promoted. We hounded him out though because he wasn't good enough,so he took another team to the Premier league. So we had some more shit managers, in fact really shit managers and got relegated again etc....
Then you came along. We probably paid you about 200 quid a week and you took us out of league one after six years playing some good football.
Then we hung around the championship for a season, but decided to leave that to Wednesday and get promoted again.
We had a great season in the Premier League, my favourite since we finished 6th in the top tier but that was in another century.
Anyway basically you're getting us relegated now and you've upset some of our play station football Managers as well as some fans who've played at an high level on Sunday mornings.
Cheers Chris, keep your chin up and bring us back next season,some of us Fkin love you man ❤️
UTB
This ^^^^^^^^

UTB
Fantastic 👏👏

UTB
Well said, I couldnt have said it better

Hi Stegosaurus here

Dear Chris I supported you but still ain't winnin'
You left the team I support down at the bottom
We had two matches back in autumn, you must not-a won 'em
There probably was a problem with our defence or somethin

UTB
Hi Chris wilder here... Fuck off you leftie snowflake puff

Terrible day at the office tonight, but bottom line for me... He's made mistakes in not having enough quality in depth.
The heavy list of injured players has exasperated the problems. The huge injury crisis has possibly been affected by a heavy game schedule due to 1st lockdown, and having no time for pre season preparations.
We now do not have the players available to put a competitive team out, and consequently are having to play negative, backs to the wall tactics, hoping beyond hope to keep a clean sheet and for a bit of luck on the break. It's not working. Trying to attack more would be less soul destroyong for the fans but we would be thrashed every single week.
Theres nothing he, or any other manager, could do now to change these things.
Many of us have said we'd give him a chance to go again in the champ. Let's hang in there and see how that goes. This season will likely get worse still. We just have to endure it now.
CW still in!

UTB
👏⚽⚔️⚽🍻

I find this place a microcosm of the real world at the moment. Just as you're either a rampant racist Brexiter or a snowflake Remoaner; a Corbynister Commy or a BoJo Right Wing beast; round these parts you're either a Tufty can do no Wrong or a Sack him now. Swipe to right to sack the manager, text this number to vote to keep him...

Those respective camps engage in who can scream the loudest and / or come out with the most sarcastic comments (or in our cases mocking match reports).

The truth is more in the nuance of the debate. Tufty has been faced with a challenge of tackling second season syndrome whilst in a Covid landscape - and has come up short. He's spent money on players that have turned out to not be good enough to help him beat this challenge?

Does this make him a bad manager? Does this mean he's the worst manager in the world? Does it mean we're not able to criticise and point out the glaring mistakes that have been made without being labelled a Pig? Does it mean we can't say we want him to stay and figure it out without being jumped all over and a 'Biggest Blade' competition commencing??

Answers on a Postcard to: Confused of Sheffield....

I don't agree with OP. I think this season - in fact since the restart vs Villa - has been a tale of worsening decline. To still see Wilder surrounded by a Ready Brek glow of glory when even Playstation Managers and Sunday League cloggers (puts both hands up) can see some pretty fundamental flaws in his plan which has led to twenty defeats this season isn't disingenuous. It's almost as if Wilder can never do anything wrong because he managed to formulate a winning solution to get us to the top of the mountain yet when we die there because we are without food and still in our beachware, hey, at least we got to the top of the mountain, huh?

You conveniently omit to highlight two glaring items which I feel - as a retired Sunday League clogger and Playstation Manager need to be put into your argument:

1. Playing a beatable, predictable, negative, regressive and basically porous setup with a set of instructions which is now defunct. I call it Wilderball and strangely, a lot of other people are too (including possibly, opposition coaching staff)

2. Wasting a Saudi Prince's ransom on some absolutely pointless and abject signings, and leaving certain areas of potential weakness unaddressed.

Sure, it's fine being Captain Hindsight. But certain people were noticing this since 120 seconds into this season when one of our more prominent wasters missed his tackle on that far touchline and we went one down a few seconds later.

pommpey

I find this place a microcosm of the real world at the moment. Just as you're either a rampant racist Brexiter or a snowflake Remoaner; a Corbynister Commy or a BoJo Right Wing beast; round these parts you're either a Tufty can do no Wrong or a Sack him now. Swipe to right to sack the manager, text this number to vote to keep him...

Those respective camps engage in who can scream the loudest and / or come out with the most sarcastic comments (or in our cases mocking match reports).

The truth is more in the nuance of the debate. Tufty has been faced with a challenge of tackling second season syndrome whilst in a Covid landscape - and has come up short. He's spent money on players that have turned out to not be good enough to help him beat this challenge?

Does this make him a bad manager? Does this mean he's the worst manager in the world? Does it mean we're not able to criticise and point out the glaring mistakes that have been made without being labelled a Pig? Does it mean we can't say we want him to stay and figure it out without being jumped all over and a 'Biggest Blade' competition commencing??

Answers on a Postcard to: Confused of Sheffield....
Once again who said he can’t be criticised I’ve pretty much seen everyone no matter what camp they are in criticise his team selection last night. The rest I pretty much agree with.

Chris Wilder changed in the first lockdown. The likes of him haven't been seen since. Oh I wish for his return, and to start by pulling the mask from the imposter claiming to be Chris Wilder now. Not only the team who look devoid of ideas and enthusiasm, but Wilder himself seems totally different. Huge mistakes have been made since this time last season starting with the injury to JOC which was never dealt with. From that point everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.
I want rid of this version of CW and the return of our hero from the previous 4 years. I'm not sure that will happen.

UTB

Amen.

This is Sheffield United in a nutshell, accepting mediocrity and getting praised for it.
You know which club doesn't accept mediocrity and thinks they deserve to be a European giant? Done them well hasn't it...

It's called living in reality. League 1 for 6 years, quick rise to prem, the squad is not good enough. Should we be outraged at that? Demand better and sack those that don't deliver? Some clubs do that and it doesn't work.

I don't agree with OP. I think this season - in fact since the restart vs Villa - has been a tale of worsening decline. To still see Wilder surrounded by a Ready Brek glow of glory when even Playstation Managers and Sunday League cloggers (puts both hands up) can see some pretty fundamental flaws in his plan which has led to twenty defeats this season isn't disingenuous. It's almost as if Wilder can never do anything wrong because he managed to formulate a winning solution to get us to the top of the mountain yet when we die there because we are without food and still in our beachware, hey, at least we got to the top of the mountain, huh?

You conveniently omit to highlight two glaring items which I feel - as a retired Sunday League clogger and Playstation Manager need to be put into your argument:

1. Playing a beatable, predictable, negative, regressive and basically porous setup with a set of instructions which is now defunct. I call it Wilderball and strangely, a lot of other people are too (including possibly, opposition coaching staff)

2. Wasting a Saudi Prince's ransom on some absolutely pointless and abject signings, and leaving certain areas of potential weakness unaddressed.

Sure, it's fine being Captain Hindsight. But certain people were noticing this since 120 seconds into this season when one of our more prominent wasters missed his tackle on that far touchline and we went one down a few seconds later.

pommpey
To be fair I don't expect everyone to agree with me,this isn't a site where we all agree.
I never agree with anything you write either,I'm just never arsed to comment.

Once again who said he can’t be criticised I’ve pretty much seen everyone no matter what camp they are in criticise his team selection last night. The rest I pretty much agree with.

It was more that people who criticise him are immediately stereotyped into a particular category. It's all very binary round these parts at the moment.

I've criticized him quite a bit recently but still think he's the best manager for us. In the same way I moan about my wife, but don't to get divorced...

My take for what it's worth.
CW & AK have enough credit in the bank to have a shot at getting us back.
I've also sat on the kop for years watching dross.
Chris, your team selection has raised a few questions, but let's all accept we are down and start building for next year, blood some of the youngsters, put the likes of Lunny or anyone else that will not feature in next seasons squad out on gardening leave. ⚔️⚔️

pommpey
unfortunately cant argue with this
as much as Wilder got things right last season , hes made a catalogue of errors this
the worst being the panic buying of Brewster , an unproven prem player for a club record fee
there have been lots of tight losses and we've been terribly unlucky with injuries whereas last season we stayed fit throughout
theres been a fair sprinkling of bad decisions go against us

but

the biggest reason we have failed this season is poor individual performances strewn with error after error
And Wilder has compounded it by playing continually some of the worst offenders
we have gone from last seasons cavalier attack and give it a go mentality to one of over cautious negativity

that and a conversion rate of chances that is truly embarrassing

there was a period a month ago when I thought he was getting us motivated again but last night too many looked disinterested in the battle and
WIlders forte is turning coal into diamonds but weve had a bag of nutty slack all season

unfortunately cant argue with this
as much as Wilder got things right last season , hes made a catalogue of errors this
the worst being the panic buying of Brewster , an unproven prem player for a club record fee
there have been lots of tight losses and we've been terribly unlucky with injuries whereas last season we stayed fit throughout
theres been a fair sprinkling of bad decisions go against us

but

the biggest reason we have failed this season is poor individual performances strewn with error after error
And Wilder has compounded it by playing continually some of the worst offenders
we have gone from last seasons cavalier attack and give it a go mentality to one of over cautious negativity

that and a conversion rate of chances that is truly embarrassing

Still reckon we're gonna make it, then?

pommpey

there was a possibility , a moment , but the mood change didnt last among the players
just want us to win 3 fa cup games dull draws and on penalties stuff the prem

I admire your optimism, but I feel Chelsea will simply flatten us. As will Liverpool, next game.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom