Dean Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Manchester Evening News' chief sports writer reporting that Chelsea have told Henderson's representatives they are willing to pay him 170k week to sign for them.

MUFC apparently want to sort a new contract and the player remains intent on becoming their number 1.

Really hope we have our ducks in a row for the goalkeepers position because its a short window and this Henderson 'saga' could drag.

yep we cant let it drag like last season. As much as we want him we cant be hanging around give Man Utd a date a decision needs to be made by and if that date passes we need to go get in somebody on a permanent.

If Chelsea do sign Henderson, one positive is that it could clear the way for us to sign Çakır (that assuming there is any truth in the rumours).

Manchester Evening News' chief sports writer reporting that Chelsea have told Henderson's representatives they are willing to pay him 170k week to sign for them.

MUFC apparently want to sort a new contract and the player remains intent on becoming their number 1.

Really hope we have our ducks in a row for the goalkeepers position because its a short window and this Henderson 'saga' could drag.
The normal transfer window is 13 weeks, although the EPL one last year was 11 weeks due to them stopping allowing transfers once the season started. This years is 10 weeks with extra week for EFL transfers although you can see deals already going through, they just cannot be registered as yet.

I think this offer has blown our chances of getting him back on loan right out of the water!
Tbh though that might not be a bad thing. We’ve just been delaying the inevitable and it’s already started to concern me. It almost feels like we’re held to ransom with it all.
I’d love to see him back of course... but there’s no way now. 170k a week and CL footy. It’s all too good to turn down both financially and for his career.

Insane money if true (would be more than a third of our entire team wage budget)
Goalkeepers are odd - wasn't Kepa a superstar keeper when they signed him too?

For the first time, I'm now of the opinion thst he won't return next season. Too many things going against it as a possibility - Man Utd deciding to keep him, Chelsea offering daft money, new contract at Man Utd putting him out of Utd's reach financially, agent pushing him elsewhere etc.
Whoever CW brings in it will be a downgrade IMO - with the start of the season only 8 weeks away, the plan needs to finalised and executed ASAP.

Our defensive three would make ANY goal keeper look better than he actually is - in a similar way that Burnley's defence make Pope look good too.

Hendo is a decent goal keeper, but far from the finished article and is so not ready for Man United. no:1 spot.

Best option is another loan somewhere - lets hope it is Sheff United.

No one will know how good Cakir is until he's played a few games, but it's a gamble, so we should try and get Hendo back again if at all possible.

As for Chelsea - playing in front of Rudiger/Zouma and Christianson could quiet easily damage Hendersons growing reputation for what is still a YOUNG 23yo goalkeeper.

Year 3 loan at SUFC for me - best for all parties - it's juts going to cost us a shit load of wages, but it would be worth it.

UTB

Our defensive three would make ANY goal keeper look better than he actually is - in a similar way that Burnley's defence make Pope look good too.

Hendo is a decent goal keeper, but far from the finished article and is so not ready for Man United. no:1 spot.

No one will know how good Cakir is until he's played a few games, but it's a gamble, so we should try and get Hendo back again if at all possible.

As for Chelsea - playing in front of Rudiger/Zouma and Christianson could quiet easily damage Hendersons growing reputation for what is still a YOUNG 23yo goalkeeper.

Year 3 loan at SUFC for me - best for all parties - it's juts going to cost us a shit load of wages, but it would be worth it.

UTB

I'd hate to have to spend half of our summer budget on a first choice goalkeeper, but the numbers involved in even just loaning Henderson for another season are starting to justify it.

If Man Utd stick him on a £100-150k a week deal they'll expect us to at least over most of his wages. It could cost us £5-7m just for one more season of him, with no re-sale.

However, I do worry about the impact of losing Henderson & one (or even both) of Basham & Egan all at once. Our success this season has been built on being solid. If we're struggling at both ends, there's only one end of the division we'll find ourselves in.

I'd hate to have to spend half of our summer budget on a first choice goalkeeper, but the numbers involved in even just loaning Henderson for another season are starting to justify it.

If Man Utd stick him on a £100-150k a week deal they'll expect us to at least over most of his wages. It could cost us £5-7m just for one more season of him, with no re-sale.

However, I do worry about the impact of losing Henderson & one (or even both) of Basham & Egan all at once. Our success this season has been built on being solid. If we're struggling at both ends, there's only one end of the division we'll find ourselves in.

Indeed - for me you've hit the nail on the head. We're where we are because of the defence, which includes Hendo.

We don't need issues at either end - Cakir may be good, he may be crap - what we do know is that Hendo won't let us down and it's an area i'd rather know about going into next season than someone unknown.

We need to be very careful we don't get ahead of ourselves.

UTB

Insane money if true (would be more than a third of our entire team wage budget)
Goalkeepers are odd - wasn't Kepa a superstar keeper when they signed him too?

Kepa was good but not great. Athletic told Chelsea that he wasn't for sale but being registered in Spain requires a contract buyout clause which is activated if the relevant fee is deposited with the La Liga authorities. Quite why Chelsea didn't walk away at that point is a mystery but they paid the €80m in one hit and got their man.

Chelsea won't sell Kepa - they won't get anything like €80m - they'll loan him back to a La Liga side.

Hes young enough but I sometimes wonder if he wants it.

What gives you that impression ? Hes improved a great deal since being at BDTBL, hes not perfect and has taken flak from Wilder when he has dropped a bollock
His ambition is to be Man Ures No1 keeper, thats a good goal to strive for

Not a prayer is he coming back. The Fenerbache keeper though... Seen him a couple of times and the saves he made were incredible. As mentioned above though, The back 3/5 would make ANY keeper look good.

Hate to say it but if Man U won't sell to them and won't promote him to first choice, then a possible destination could be Leeds.

They may feel ok to take the cost with it being their first season back. Big club. Were in for him before. Had a loan keeper as 1st choice in the end. Though their fans did call him a paedo which I'm not sure he appreciated. Might also fancy a chance to try Bielsa's management.

What gives you that impression ? Hes improved a great deal since being at BDTBL, hes not perfect and has taken flak from Wilder when he has dropped a bollock
His ambition is to be Man Ures No1 keeper, thats a good goal to strive for
Ambition and reality are two different things as I'm sure you already know that.
The lack of positional sense and awareness is his biggest flaw and not learning from his mistakes.Hesitant in coming out and for crosses and his distribution. All these have been more apparent in the latter half of the season moreso in the last 2/3 games.

This is

UTB

There's a great stats based post series (focused on DDG vs. Henderson) here:

Highlights that the Man Utd centre backs main flaws being pace (Maguire) and aerial (Lindelof) which coincides with DDG's main weaknesses (he sticks close to his line and rarely claims crosses).

Hate to say it but if Man U won't sell to them and won't promote him to first choice, then a possible destination could be Leeds.

They may feel ok to take the cost with it being their first season back. Big club. Were in for him before. Had a loan keeper as 1st choice in the end. Though their fans did call him a paedo which I'm not sure he appreciated. Might also fancy a chance to try Bielsa's management.

Where is the progress for Hendo by joining Leeds? Ideally he needs to show how good he is on the ball by playing in a team that will dominate possession. Now we're not going to be in Europe next season, I'm not even sure coming back to us would be a good move for him.

Why would Man Utd loan their rivals a keeper and fans call him a nonce

I think all this talk of Leeds spending big are a bit far fetched.. recently read an article about them wanting to cancel the loan to buy for the striker they bought, Augustin I think.

He wouldn't go to Leeds for personal reasons

Man U wouldn't help a (historic) rival

I think all this talk of Leeds spending big are a bit far fetched.. recently read an article about them wanting to cancel the loan to buy for the striker they bought, Augustin I think.

I don't think that's due to lack of funds, it's probably more a case of Augustin being wank.

He wouldn't go to Leeds for personal reasons

Man U wouldn't help a (historic) rival

Is there much of a rivally any more? Obviously Leeds hate Man U, but Leeds are probably way down the list of teams Man U hate these days. I'd liken it to us playing Rotherham or Chesterfield, it's a big match for them, but just another match to us.

Henderson would have both his arms broken first before joining Leeds👍

Is there much of a rivally any more? Obviously Leeds hate Man U, but Leeds are probably way down the list of teams Man U hate these days. I'd liken it to us playing Rotherham or Chesterfield, it's a big match for them, but just another match to us.

Don't know, probably not as much as there was obviously because they're not both fighting for CL places, but as above, considering the abuse Dean got at Elland Road made him "want to drive off Snake Pass", I think it's safe to assume he'll not be going to Leeds.

If Chelsea do sign Henderson, one positive is that it could clear the way for us to sign Çakır (that assuming there is any truth in the rumours).
More chance of me having a threesome with the queen and Philip than Man U letting Henderson join Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal so we get him for one more loan.

Hendo is contracted to Man U.
It makes no difference whatsoever How much they would pay him at Chelsea as they would need to agree a fee for him to be able to give him that.
Man U will NOT sell Hendo to Chelsea, unless the fee was world record region money.
All this talk is designed to unsettle the player and see if they can force him to cause a bit of friction and anger Man U into letting him go. It won’t happen as the player is very closely tied to a Man U emotionally.

So, Manchester I will either play him for them, or more likely look to loan him out again. Where that is they won’t care, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was to a foreign champions league side for some experience. They will insist on a large loan fee or wage contribution, and this is where I suspect we will come unstuck.
Manchester hold all the cards, Hendo will go where he’s told and being contracted to them as he is has no real power to make demands where he goes for the time being as he has several years on his current deal.

So he will get another pay rise, another year or two added to his contract and repeat the whole process again next summer.

Hendo is contracted to Man U.
It makes no difference whatsoever How much they would pay him at Chelsea as they would need to agree a fee for him to be able to give him that.
Man U will NOT sell Hendo to Chelsea, unless the fee was world record region money.
All this talk is designed to unsettle the player and see if they can force him to cause a bit of friction and anger Man U into letting him go. It won’t happen as the player is very closely tied to a Man U emotionally.

So, Manchester I will either play him for them, or more likely look to loan him out again. Where that is they won’t care, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was to a foreign champions league side for some experience. They will insist on a large loan fee or wage contribution, and this is where I suspect we will come unstuck.
Manchester hold all the cards, Hendo will go where he’s told and being contracted to them as he is has no real power to make demands where he goes for the time being as he has several years on his current deal.

So he will get another pay rise, another year or two added to his contract and repeat the whole process again next summer.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the link to Chelsea is coming from Henderson’s agent in a move to force Man U into making a decision over next season’s number 1.

A case of his agent saying to Man U, if you don’t play him, another top club will! So you better make your mind up!

Back
Top Bottom