CONFIRMED Dean Henderson returns on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Totally agree, Henderson has been at MU since he was 14 so clearly they rate him and if 75k is the price to secure him at MU they will pay it.

They don't need to 'secure him', he's under contract until 2020, with Man Utd having a 1 yr extension option. A prudent club would put him back on loan to us, see how he does in the premier league, and negotiate a renewal next summer., saving themselves £2.5m. If he had a stormer, he'd be no nearer being Man Utd's no. 1 and he'd still only be able to ask for £75k.

Man Utd, for whatever reason, seem intent of ruination. According to the rumours, they've given their two new signings x10 pay increases.

They don't need to 'secure him', he's under contract until 2020, with Man Utd having a 1 yr extension option. A prudent club would put him back on loan to us, see how he does in the premier league, and negotiate a renewal next summer., saving themselves £2.5m. If he had a stormer, he'd be no nearer being Man Utd's no. 1 and he'd still only be able to ask for £75k.

Man Utd, for whatever reason, seem intent of ruination. According to the roumors, they've given their two new signings x10 pay increases.

Clearly they think they do, which is their right. More importantly his agent and Henderson want a better deal, that's why people work. Isn't Chris after a better deal?

Clearly they think they do, which is their right. More importantly his agent and Henderson want a better deal, that's why people work. Isn't Chris after a better deal?

As I said Man Utd have lost all common sense at the moment.

There’s a big difference between ‘want’ and ‘get’, and the chances of one equating to the other is usually reliant on the strength of bargaining position of the ‘wanter’ or a completely incompetent negotiator.

To my world weary view, being 22, having only played a single season at championship level and under contract for another 24 months, should not be a strong enough platform to get a tripling of wages against semi competent negotiators.

Just as Wan-Bissaka should not be on a salary anywhere near £80k a week after only 42 appearances for Crystal Palace and a previous wage of £8k a week.

There’s a big difference between ‘want’ and ‘get’, and the chances of one equating to the other is usually reliant on the strength of bargaining position of the ‘wanter’ or a completely incompetent negotiator.

To my world weary view, being 22, having only played a single season at championship level and under contract for another 24 months, should not be a strong enough platform to get a tripling of wages against semi competent negotiators.

Just as Wan-Bissaka should not be on a salary anywhere near £80k a week after only 42 appearances for Crystal Palace and a previous wage of £8k a week.

Clearly we are not privy to other clubs wage structures, but it's not a leap of faith to say Man Utd aren't the only ones who pay their emerging talent big money, Haven't Chelsea bought loads of young talent who never see the first team, I suggest they paid them handsomely to secure their services. That's Premiership football.

They don't need to 'secure him', he's under contract until 2020, with Man Utd having a 1 yr extension option. A prudent club would put him back on loan to us, see how he does in the premier league, and negotiate a renewal next summer

Maybe he's holding Man U to ransom? He could be saying I'll fuck off to United unless you renew now and pay me this

The games gone crazy. There’s no way a player who’s never played a pl minute should be on that.

You can’t blame hendo for taking what he’s give but it’s short sighted in the extreme for Man U.

He obviously wants to play for them so why no just let him come on loan and then see about the deal once they know what kind of keeper he is at that level ! If they wanted to sell him there is no way the transfer fee is gonna be much lower than 2m or so wage increase even with a year less on the contract. They’d also be in a clearer position with de gea too.

If he’s flops on the PL all they do is tie that contract no one is gonna pay into their books..

And of course if they decide they want to sell him next summer, his wages will price us out of signing him, whether we can afford the fee or not.

Maybe he's holding Man U to ransom? He could be saying I'll fuck off to United unless you renew now and pay me this

Would be a good tactic, if he hadn’t just told everyone that he loves Man U and really wants to play for them at some point.

The ball is very much in Man U’s court

I can only presume everything hinges on De Gea signing a new deal, as soon as he does, everything will slot into place surely?

You said how.much have they made?
Past tense, the answer is nothing

Saying they may make a profit next season is a different matter altogether.

I don't however see many fans posting "great, we're in the Premier, we may make a profit", I do however see plenty wanting to see some "investment" and some players in though.

Wilder and the players have done quite nicely themselves though with bonuses and new contracts, and quite rightly so but back to the original question and United have "made" nothing out of Wilder and the players

You knew what a meant, as soon as we won promotion the club hit the jackpot.

My youngest trains at Man Utd's 'pre' academy set up (U6s with a view to full academy next year). The basic sessions (1 a week) are free but they charge parents £3 for any additional sessions they put on (of which there are plenty). It's not going to break the bank but equally it's a tad galling to consider that the likes of Wan Bissaka could more than fund 2 such sessions with 1 minute's worth of salary. In 1 hour he could basically fund an entire season's worth of training sessions for 30 kids.

My youngest trains at Man Utd's 'pre' academy set up (U6s with a view to full academy next year). The basic sessions (1 a week) are free but they charge parents £3 for any additional sessions they put on (of which there are plenty). It's not going to break the bank but equally it's a tad galling to consider that the likes of Wan Bissaka could more than fund 2 such sessions with 1 minute's worth of salary. In 1 hour he could basically fund an entire season's worth of training sessions for 30 kids.

Good point well made. It's all about properly watering the seeds, which is something that a lot of clubs shy away from. Every £1 Man Utd invest in 6 year olds now is worth £1m if they can get a Bissaka at 18.

More power to your son's kicking foot! I hope this is the first rung of a successful (and financially rewarding ;) ) career.

Good point well made. It's all about properly watering the seeds, which is something that a lot of clubs shy away from. Every £1 Man Utd invest in 6 year olds now is worth £1m if they can get a Bissaka at 18.

More power to your son's kicking foot! I hope this is the first rung of a successful (and financially rewarding ;) ) career.
Cheers pal, you'll be pleased to know he often attends in a Blades kit and we have plenty of good natured banter with the coaches on the back of that! I joke that he's my Maserati in waiting but you've got to be realistic, even the most talanted kids there (and he's about in the middle) have a vanishingly small chance of making it.
On the financial side, you have to consider as well that this is over and above the 'usual' junior football which all the lads there play as well with all the associated costs/travel which aren't insignificant, and you do see some parents there who, without wishing to appear snobbish, could probably do with an extra few quid a week in their pocket. As usual with the 'trickle down' model, it seldom trickles down in sufficient quantities or into the right places.

People say he shouldn’t be getting this he shouldn’t be getting that but the truth is if he was to be sold this summer how much would he be worth? After last season and the supposed interest level in him from scouts from Bayern etc.

15-20m? England u21 keeper with 100 games under his belt?

75x52= 3.9 million a year, hardly ground breaking for an asset that’s worth that much. As bad as people perceive it to be all the money in the game, it’s the going rate for a player of that value who has tremendous upside.

Cheers pal, you'll be pleased to know he often attends in a Blades kit and we have plenty of good natured banter with the coaches on the back of that! I joke that he's my Maserati in waiting but you've got to be realistic, even the most talanted kids there (and he's about in the middle) have a vanishingly small chance of making it.
On the financial side, you have to consider as well that this is over and above the 'usual' junior football which all the lads there play as well with all the associated costs/travel which aren't insignificant, and you do see some parents there who, without wishing to appear snobbish, could probably do with an extra few quid a week in their pocket. As usual with the 'trickle down' model, it seldom trickles down in sufficient quantities or into the right places.

GLTTL

De Gea offered massive new contract so this could be moving a bit closer.

God I'm I sick of the term, getting Closer, on this website

Chris actually had a clause in his contract that made him able to renegotiate on promotion to the Premier league, Al la performance based contracts. Which is what most on here say is the only way to do business.....

Saw something that said Man U had Deano in today to get his visa sorted for the Man United Tour coming up. Maybe means he’s not coming back.

Here's a few more emojis for you Dean: 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

What’s he supposed to do if Man U don’t let him go yet?

He’s got the opportunity to sign a contract that’ll mean his grandkids don’t need to work if they don’t want and lead to generational wealth if the 75k per week are to be believed

I’m not sure I’d be doing anything to jeopardise that contract tbh by forcing through a loan move....

Back
Top Bottom