CONFIRMED Dean Henderson returns on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

4 players
£50 million

Average is £12.5 million but not all players will cost £12.5 million

The new income for this season is approx. £100m :

Upgrade to the training facilities (Wilder almost demanded this)

Upgrade to the ground, inc media centre, VAR facilities etc.

Bonus payments for existing players and staff for promotion.

Significant salary increases for players and staff retained.

Payments to clear some/all debts.

I don't see any way that 50% of that budget will be spent on transfer fees. Half that would be significant.

I don't see any way that 50% of that budget will be spent on transfer fees. Half that would be significant.
Include wage decreases if we get relegated.
Stagger transfer fees over 2/3 years, we get to spend the parachute payments this year too.

Include wage decreases if we get relegated.
Stagger transfer fees over 2/3 years, we get to spend the parachute payments this year too.

Wage decreases are a given in almost all football contracts. Man Utd players are supposedly facing a 25% decrease in salaries for not qualifying for Europe next season.

Most transfer fees are staged over a fixed period. However Wilder has constantly said and almost demanded of the board that if we go down we will be in a much stronger position than we were before promotion. Spending the parachute before we get it, doesn't fit with that strategy.

Yes ideally, but even the Championships best players can be £15 - £20 million

So if we are planning on raiding the Championship we'll not even be getting the best from the division lower

So loans and free's look most likely

More likely it will be a mixture of the 3.

Yes ideally, but even the Championships best players can be £15 - £20 million

So if we are planning on raiding the Championship we'll not even be getting the best from the division lower

So loans and free's look most likely

Most of our squad were in 'the best players in the Championship' bracket last year and comparatively they cost fuck all.

Goalkeeper has always seemed to me like a bit of a loser position. Unlike any other position, you very rarely get any kind of squad rotation. You are either the first choice or you're a bench warmer. You can't slot in anywhere else, you don't get in if tactics and formation change. I know Henderson wants to be Man Utd's goalkeeper, but to do that he has to dislodge the best they can afford. He may have realised that he's only got a relatively small chance of doing that and the opportunity has presented itself to play as a PL team's no. 1 choice, in a team he knows, knows he gets on with, knows he gets on with the manager, knows he has the support of the fans.
Wisdom isn't common in footballers, but this could have occurred to him. Even if he leaves Man Utd, if he's good enough in the future they have the clout to buy him back at any price and they know he'll go.
Having said all that, I think it'll be another loan.

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think Henderson will return.....once the elation of promotion has worn off and he has been wearing his Man U training gear again for a few weeks he will end up making the move that he thinks will give him the best chance of becoming a serious contender for Englands no1 and a move to a top 6 side, (here or abroad)......and fair play to the lad I say.....in some respects he could be on a hiding to nothing coming to BDTBL if we are on the end of a couple of absolute thrashings, (which lets face it is likely at some point) and whilst at this moment in time his heart could be ruling his head I think that will very quickly change within a couple of weeks if the likes of Bournemouth come knocking.

Hope I'm wrong.

Joe Hart anyone....?

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think Henderson will return.....once the elation of promotion has worn off and he has been wearing his Man U training gear again for a few weeks he will end up making the move that he thinks will give him the best chance of becoming a serious contender for Englands no1 and a move to a top 6 side, (here or abroad)......and fair play to the lad I say.....in some respects he could be on a hiding to nothing coming to BDTBL if we are on the end of a couple of absolute thrashings, (which lets face it is likely at some point) and whilst at this moment in time his heart could be ruling his head I think that will very quickly change within a couple of weeks if the likes of Bournemouth come knocking.

Hope I'm wrong.

Joe Hart anyone....?

Wouldn't want Joe Hart, If we're taking a keeper from Burnley I'd rather have Nick Pope.

Hope I'm wrong.

Joe Hart anyone....?
Wow talk about an inferiority complex. We are a much bigger club than Bournemouth and will finish above them next year.

Hope I'm wrong.

Joe Hart anyone....?
His best chance of becoming England's no. 1 is to be playing PL football every week, something that very very few England eligible goalkeepers will be doing next year. It doesn't even matter that much if we lose most of our games, as long as he puts in good performances. If we go down, he'll have a clause in his contract (assuming we don't loan him) which allows him to leave. He's not going to get the no. 1 slot at any of the big established PL clubs and it would be daft going to any other of the bottom half clubs when he has a nailed on place with us.

Wow talk about an inferiority complex. We are a much bigger club than Bournemouth and will finish above them next year.

Not inferiority just realistic!

Bournemouth may not be "bigger" than us, (however you define bigger, I usually leave that to the ignorant lot in S6) but I would take finishing above them right now.....CW has not hidden his admiration for Bournemouth and Burnley and that is our realistic bench-mark for the first year back in the big time surely.

Not inferiority just realistic!

Bournemouth may not be "bigger" than us, (however you define bigger, I usually leave that to the ignorant lot in S6) but I would take finishing above them right now.....CW has not hidden his admiration for Bournemouth and Burnley and that is our realistic bench-mark for the first year back in the big time surely.
If CW gets his way then we will be surpassing that bracket in no time at all

Most transfer fees are staged over a fixed period. However Wilder has constantly said and almost demanded of the board that if we go down we will be in a much stronger position than we were before promotion. Spending the parachute before we get it, doesn't fit with that strategy.
The whole idea of parachute payments was so that a club could continue to pay high wages without the prem income, since that is alternately taken care of, the cash is there to spend. It's much better to spend the money trying to retain a Premiership place than trying to gain one.

Historically; yes. Currently; no. In the future; who knows?

Andy Carroll and goalkeeper Adrian are both out of contract in the summer and there has been speculation over Javier Hernandez'sfuture at the club.

Anyone fancy Adrian????

Cryptic Tweet?

Helluva cryptic tweet. But Henderson has previous for this.

I think he's been a great keeper for us. But I also think he's a little immature, has more mistakes in him than you'd like from a PL goalie and isn't commanding enough on crosses. So if the money's not quite right for Henderson or if we have to wait too long to find out Man Utd's plans, I wouldn't be devastated if we got in someone like Neil Etheridge (who Wilder is known to like) instead if we can get them at a decent price.

What does it mean?
Who sorted it out?

Screenshot_20190510-233709.png
From his Instagram

I don’t think Henderson will wait out his time at a Man U
He is e gland u21 first choice keeper and Southgate has previous for promoting from within
In my opinion he has a real chance of being 3rd choice keeper for next years euros, but only if he’s playing week in week out in top flight football
That doesn’t necessarily mean us though.
I get the etherdidge link, but I am not sure I would want to fill the team full of relegated players and /or players who haven’t been playing regularly due to long term injuries.

I don’t think Henderson will wait out his time at a Man U
He is e gland u21 first choice keeper and Southgate has previous for promoting from within
In my opinion he has a real chance of being 3rd choice keeper for next years euros, but only if he’s playing week in week out in top flight football
That doesn’t necessarily mean us though.
I get the etherdidge link, but I am not sure I would want to fill the team full of relegated players and /or players who haven’t been playing regularly due to long term injuries.

Good post.

I guess we need to play it by ear but we should get him on loan.

If DDG does leave, I think they’ll spend big replacing him, hasn’t he been player of the year the last few years? Which shows how shit their defence is, I just can’t see them promoting Deano into the top position, we know he’s still young and needs to learn more about crosses and coming off his line. He can’t do that at Man U, they’re too fragile as a club to take a risk on.

He and his agent should see the positives in him playing first team football in the highest league here and that would better his development, even playing second fiddle at Man U might make next season result in zero appearances, how will that benefit him?

I said months ago that Man. United wanted him to get PL games under his belt to assess him properly. Unless they have someone better coming through already they aren’t going to sell him yet, let alone on a cut price deal.

Not based on Rumour Mill, FIFA or TransferMarket.

Back
Top Bottom