Dean Henderson Permanent?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RMBlade

Reaction score
Dont know if this has been posted elsewhere.

"UNITED OPEN TO HENDERSON OFFERS
Manchester United
are willing to listen to offers for on-loan goalkeeper Dean Henderson, according to The Sun.
The England U21 international is currently spending his second successive season at Sheffield United.
Henderson recently signed a new contract at Old Trafford but with David de Gea doing the same, the club now see the youngster’s lying elsewhere."

I saw Danny Hall had posted something on twitter about him being valued at £20Million, but didn't read the article as i didn't want to register with the Star.

However, if he's £20 Million, then i'd probably look elsewhere.

I saw Danny Hall had posted something on twitter about him being valued at £20Million, but didn't read the article as i didn't want to register with the Star.

However, if he's £20 Million, then i'd probably look elsewhere.
I said during the transfer window get him on a permanent or look elsewhere. Currently he is worse than a few keepers out there but has potential to be better than all of them. The issue is we don't own the potential at the minute.

I agree £20m is too much. £10m would be about my limit.

You'd like to think we could get him for a little bit cheaper than £20m, but I think £17m would be as low as Man U would let him go for.

The other problem will be his wages, could we match them? Would he accept a relegation wage drop clause?

He'll be off to a big club. I'd wager Spurs or abroad. Long term Lloris replacement.

I think a permanent move here is unlikely unless the bigger moves don't bare a clear path to the first team for him.

I said during the transfer window get him on a permanent or look elsewhere. Currently he is worse than a few keepers out there but has potential to be better than all of them. The issue is we don't own the potential at the minute.

I agree £20m is too much. £10m would be about my limit.

I completely agree with getting him on loan this season. It made sense in our first season and to be quite honest he's been mostly excellent. He's made a couple of errors at critical times in big games (Villa and Leeds last season, Chelsea and Liverpool this season) and they haven't been technical issues, just mentality as Wilder has said.

However, I think the markets we're currently, we have stretched things with a £20 Mill Striker, but Keepers generally don't go for as much as Strikers.

The thing with Henderson is that he's eventually going to either challenge the Man United Keeper or he'll move on and he will have an increase in value, but not sure how much...

Next summer, assuming we stay up, i think we need to have a good look around at keepers, but there will be other areas to strengthen.

If Utd survive, I'm sure CW will go for him permanently. He may well be a regular in the England squad by then though so I'm sure there'll be plenty of competition for his signature.

I'm paying absolutely no notice of his error at the weekend - he's a young, improving keeper and will inevitably make the odd clanger.

If Utd survive, I'm sure CW will go for him permanently. He may well be a regular in the England squad by then though so I'm sure there'll be plenty of competition for his signature.

I'm paying absolutely no notice of his error at the weekend - he's a young, improving keeper and will inevitably make the odd clanger.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he makes it into any England squad let alone starting this year. Howlers and the fa coaches didn't like his attitude.

I like Hendo and think he can improve greatly under us ATM I would value him at 8m, paying no more than 10m if Man Utd want more perhaps cast the net wider let's face it we don't know CW's thinking do we.

You'd like to think we could get him for a little bit cheaper than £20m, but I think £17m would be as low as Man U would let him go for.

The other problem will be his wages, could we match them? Would he accept a relegation wage drop clause?
Alright saying he' worth 20 million nobody will pay more than 5 at this stage with possible add ons.no way is he worth 10 million at this stage of his carreer

I agree Finlayblade but he's got PL experience and as we know just by playing a handful of games, can put millions on a player.

£20m sounds like an awful lot for us to spend on Deano but who knows what financial pool we may be fishing in next Summer...IF we stay up of course!

We might go for Donnarumma instead...

The good thing is we don't need to decide now, we can wait until the summer and make a more informed decision at that point.

For me, Henderson has this season to prove himself capable at PL level. He doesn't need to be the finished article, because at his age he's probably five years away from the peak of his ability as a keeper. But he does need to show he can improve certain areas of his game (kicking, for one) and stop the howlers. I believe he's more than capable of those things--he's already shown a more mature attitude this season. I also believe we've no chance of finding or affording a better keeper than him between now and next summer. So let's get behind him and see how things develop.

Not directed at anyone in particular but I'm equally intrigued and mystified by how some people value players. With the amount of money sloshing around the EPL, clubs have to pay a lot and potentially over the odds in order to land targets, particularly British ones.

There has already been mention of £5m, £8m, £10m and £17m on here. The reality is a young player with fantastic pedigree and his best years ahead of him will be costly and if Utd don't pay it, someone else will.

Don't forget that anyone wanting Butland prior to his dramatic loss of form, would have had to pay £25m. At the moment that would value most of us at around £100m and Henderson around £20bn.

I would offer 1 million pounds per clean sheet this season.
And hope he becomes our record signing.

Keep the 20m and lets have a look at Verrips,when will we see Verrips.
Cant see him playing in premiership until the transfer is cleared by UEFA his former club have complained that he broke his contract.
The last thing we want is to play an ineligible player,don't want a points deduction we're not West Ham remember.

England U21 keeper
Will have a full Prem season under his belt
Contracted to Man United who never have to sell anyone
£20m might be the starting point

But let's get behind him regardless

Back
Top Bottom