Dean Henderson.. Our chances increased?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jordan-pickford-identified-man-utds-13607285

I think Dean is already not far off Pickford level, but if Man U are looking elsewhere...
This is typical "big club" behaviour. They've got a perfectly competent replacement keeper in Henderson, but he won't get that chance, no way. They'll prefer to "buy in" the "ready made" talent.

That's what "big clubs" do. They want to be seen to be recruiting the very best. Let them carry on doing it by all means. He'll be a permanent Blades player next season in the Prem. Suits me!

If we go up he will stay but I still don't think on a permanent still.
The lad seems to have huge ambition. As in, international ambition.

Go up, we'll get him for £4m or £5m. He'll be a £25m GK in a few years
yeah easily be worth that in a few years.

His brother plays with a lad I know and told him he loves it at united and would stay if we went up. Man U haven't used him properly and he's said himself he's felt his development has been hindered by them not letting him out on loan earlier in his career.

I've posted about him previously on another thread, and my view remains the same and has in fact been reinforced by JB's career trajectory, lack of playing time & recent sad injury at 25yrs old.

If he has any sense/is being properly advised (from a footballing point of view) he should be busting his nut sack to be with us next season whether we went up or not........

If all things go well with us, he'll have a big decision to make in the summer. If he continues to excel with us, he'll sadly be no closer to being Man Utd's No. 1. De Gea is 27 and now that RM have Courtois, will be Man Utd's No. 1 keeper for at least the next 5 years. Hendo will then be faced with either going back on loan, and delaying the decision for another 12 months or getting a transfer.

Hendo is 21 and can play until he is 33, so look at the next 12 years as four periods of 3 years. Forming, storming, norming & performing. He's currently in the formative part of his career, and it is vital he gets 1st team football, in relatively big games, in front to relativity big crowds, at a decent standard and decent level of pressure. By the time he is 25 be a premier league player, by the time he is 28 be a full england international & maintain that level of performance until 33. I would suggest that he isn't premier league standard yet, and the sensible thing would be for us to have him for either a 2nd season or take him on a permanent with the understanding that if we aren't in the prem by the start of the 20/21 season, he can go to someone who is. Look at Harry Maguire as an example.

Everyone seems to have missed the obvious outcome here. Man U sign Pickford for £60m and United sign Deano for £5m and get promoted. Man U soon realise that Deano is a better GK than Pickford and sign Deano from us for another £60m as he has now become a "ready-made player". United's excuse? Summat to do with an agent or the player expressing a desire to move or some bollocks.

yeah easily be worth that in a few years.

His brother plays with a lad I know and told him he loves it at united and would stay if we went up. Man U haven't used him properly and he's said himself he's felt his development has been hindered by them not letting him out on loan earlier in his career.
He's 21 and been at Stockport, Grimsby and Shrewsbury in the last 3 seasons. Hardly hindered?

If im deano youd spend maybe one more year here if were still in the champ then try get a loan in the prem and prove hes good enough.
I know hes take to us well but im sure his main aim is to be man uniteds main goalkeeper and englands, which is fairplay to him

We MUST go up.

Best keeper we've had since St. Alan Kelly IMO.

I think his youthful exuberance clouds a lot of fans judgement. Yeah he's decent, but a lot go way ott because he runs around like a maniac when we score and posts some cool tweets.

As it stands, Paddy Kenny was a better keeper, however this guy does have a shit load of potential aswell as being decent now.

I think his youthful exuberance clouds a lot of fans judgement. Yeah he's decent, but a lot go way ott because he runs around like a maniac when we score and posts some cool tweets.

As it stands, Paddy Kenny was a better keeper, however this guy does have a shit load of potential aswell as being decent now.

I admit Hendo is prone to the odd howler. However, as you've said he has so much potential and would serve us extremely well in the Prem.

Our chances have increased from absolutely zero chance to no chance.

He's a top quality player so most of our fans "Arnold Rimmer Style" will dismiss him as being too good for us

You think they'd get 20m for a keeper that's had half a season in the championship?
He’s the best young keeper in England plays every u21 match wouldn’t be surprised if he got put in the main squad if there was an injury .
We definitely can’t afford deano probs even if we went up

Back
Top Bottom