Incoming? Dean Henderson for a 3rd season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are we still due to play the game v Man U at a neutral venue?

It would be a big blow to lose Hendo, but if it does happen it will be after our game with Man U, where he will be ineligible. So we'll see Verrips or Moore between the sticks for that one for sure.

Newton Heath dragging their heels over extending Hendersons loan beyond 30 June. A reasonable club would ensure this is sorted before the season starts again on 17 June. If it goes beyond that date then they are clearly worried about us.

A good start from us and they have the opportunity up to 30 June to pull the plug on the deal and try to derail us.

I hope CW is right that they will allow an extension. If they don't they'll be the laughing stock of football. The mighty Reds terrified of little ole Sheffield United. An even bigger incentive to go and embarrass them on their own turf if they resort to these tactics.

Newton Heath dragging their heels over extending Hendersons loan beyond 30 June. A reasonable club would ensure this is sorted before the season starts again on 17 June. If it goes beyond that date then they are clearly worried about us.

A good start from us and they have the opportunity up to 30 June to pull the plug on the deal and try to derail us.

I hope CW is right that they will allow an extension. If they don't they'll be the laughing stock of football. The mighty Reds terrified of little ole Sheffield United. An even bigger incentive to go and embarrass them on their own turf if they resort to these tactics.

From their point of view, it will be even more embarrassing to miss out on the Champions League after allowing their own player to help a rival!

Its like the last ten months were a dream scene and we are back in august

From their point of view, it will be even more embarrassing to miss out on the Champions League after allowing their own player to help a rival!

I'd understand that point if view if they'd said from the off that they were going to recall Henderson but Solskjaer indicated in media briefings that Henderson would be allowed to extend. It may be about money and Newton Heath asking for a ridiculous amount for 1 month more on top of wages. If it isn't and they are deliberately dragging their feet then thats not acceptable. Either way it seems we have been talking to them for some weeks and its still not resolved. The delay is now being picked up by other media outlets.

I'd understand that point if view if they'd said from the off that they were going to recall Henderson but Solskjaer indicated in media briefings that Henderson would be allowed to extend. It may be about money and Newton Heath asking for a ridiculous amount for 1 month more on top of wages. If it isn't and they are deliberately dragging their feet then thats not acceptable. Either way it seems we have been talking to them for some weeks and its still not resolved. The delay is now being picked up by other media outlets.

The problem is they've got us by the bollocks, it's not as if we can tell them to fuck off then sign one of the two Turkish keepers we've been linked with. Anything above continuing to pay the previously agreed percentage of Henderson's wages until the new end of season date and Man U are taking the piss in my opinion.

Wonder if because we have him until June 30th, he gets 4 games with us, well 3 as one is against Man U so he can't play, then depending on results and Man U's results, will determine what decision they make. Should we still be in the thick of it come the end of the month they may pull the plug. A bit unfair, but within their rights.

In fairness, it's business.

I'd be disappointed, but wouldn't blame Man Utd for giving themselves the best opportunity possible to reach the Champions League.

You have to take every advantage you can, provided you're within rules.

I'll be surprised to see him here beyond June 30th.

If Man Utd do fuck about they’ll sour the relationship CW has built with them. Joe Riley and James Wilson didn’t pay off for us but we’ve helped turn Hendo into a cert England number 1

If it was the other way round would we want to give them an advantage??

Expect it will be extended to season end.

Wonder if because we have him until June 30th, he gets 4 games with us, well 3 as one is against Man U so he can't play, then depending on results and Man U's results, will determine what decision they make. Should we still be in the thick of it come the end of the month they may pull the plug. A bit unfair, but within their rights.

Thats the issue for me 58 they shouldn't be allowed to be in a position where they can decide whether to allow an extension or not based on the first four results of restart that could gain them an advantage. We are in a unprecedented situation. In normal times this wouldn't arise he would have gone back to them 6 weeks after the end of the season and we would have paid for those extra 6 weeks of inactivity. The EPL should insist the decision is made before play resumes otherwise the integrity of the competition will be called into question if they are allowed to derail any good start we have.

Thats the issue for me 58 they shouldn't be allowed to be in a position where they can decide whether to allow an extension or not based on the first four results of restart that could gain them an advantage. We are in a unprecedented situation. In normal times this wouldn't arise he would have gone back to them 6 weeks after the end of the season and we would have paid for those extra 6 weeks of inactivity. The EPL should insist the decision is made before play resumes otherwise the integrity of the competition will be called into question if they are allowed to derail any good start we have.

Contracts are contracts. It sucks to be us on the receiving end of this one, but c'est la vie. The fact it hasn't already been agreed tells me that Man Utd don't intend on doing the morally right thing.

Cuz Moore’s not good enough. Verrips has obviously been signed for a reason
But Moore was picked v Man Utd which is the telling stat (also Blackburn and Sunderland whilst Verrips only against Fylde).

And all shall be good. 👍
I just heard about this from a twitter account called "Man United Pidgin" and the tweet read
Breaking: Manchester United don gree make Dean Henderson extend hin loan deal at Sheffield United. [mail]

I read it about 5 times before I realised it's supposed to be like that

I just heard about this from a twitter account called "Man United Pidgin" and the tweet read
Breaking: Manchester United don gree make Dean Henderson extend hin loan deal at Sheffield United. [mail]

I read it about 5 times before I realised it's supposed to be like that

I actually follow this account for no reason what so ever😆

I'll know we've made it worldwide when we have an @sufc_pidgin

Same story reported in a lot of media outlets now...subject to detail seems to be the caveat.

If true its remarkable that Man U have agreed to it and shows how principled Solskjaer is. Imagine if corona virus had happened last season and we' d loaned a keeper to Leeds who was way better than what they had and we allowed them to keep him despite the fact we could have recalled him. We'd all be up in arms !!!

My way of looking at this is would Man Utd have been able to recall DH at the end of March with no Covid?

No, of course not.

If Man Utd are allowed to recall him and they think that will help them overcome us, it's nothing more than moral annoyance from our respective.

Can you imagine how sweet it would be to finish above them If they did recall him.

Surely the superpower that is Man U aren't scared of a pub team like us pipping them for Europe?

Has there been any mention of the loan payments / wages due whilst the football has been on pause?

If we've been paying a loan fee and Hendersons wages for over two months with no football then if there's any such thing as footballing integrity we shouldn't have any issues keeping him until the end of the season.

It should be enforced as a rule that all season long loans are automatically extended until the actual end of the season.

I don't think the decision to let us keep Henderson is one Man United wants to make, but rather one that they have to make.

They have the right to recall him after june 30. But if they do that they A. ruin the relationship with us, B. Look like a big bully that's scared C. Henderson is probably pissed off so you ruin the relationship with your player as well. D. Recalling him is in no way a guarantee that they will get CL.

So, we will probably have him the rest of this season, but that's not because Man United wants to play the game fair, it's because playing unfair would mean breaking their own windows.

Man utd will let him stay because let's be honest with the run in they have and their squad if they don't feel confident of finishing above us because of our keeper then a) they made a mistake not playing him instead of de gea which is ridiculous
B) they might as well pack it in especially solsakaer who has half a billion.pounds worth of talent at his disposal

I understand that Henderson has told Man Utd that he doesn't want to go back unless he's number one at the club. I'm guessing he wants to remain at the worlds richest and biggest club so unlikely to go to that London which puts us in a good position to take him back for a 3rd season. Wishful thinking by me

Because we will be playing a lot of the ‘top end’ teams in our remaining ten games,Henderson can be Much more beneficial to Man Utd playing for us rather than sat on their bench.
and of course it's still in their own hands, they only have to match our results and then beat us when we don't have Henderson.

Man utd will let him stay because let's be honest with the run in they have and their squad if they don't feel confident of finishing above us because of our keeper then a) they made a mistake not playing him instead of de gea which is ridiculous
B) they might as well pack it in especially solsakaer who has half a billion.pounds worth of talent at his disposal
Not allowed to play him this season if he went back.

Back
Top Bottom