Incoming? Dean Henderson for a 3rd season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's really not been great Sam, hence why ZZ is rumoured to be looking to replace him. DdG would be the obvious choice although it would be an incredibly costly deal, even for them.
Courtois has been great this season. Much better than De Gea.

Granted before this season I think courtois has only had one good season since he left Athletico.

Henderson is 11-8 to be with us next season. That seems pretty short given all we (think we) know.
One thing I do know for sure. I'd be over the moon if we pulled this off.

Henderson is 11-8 to be with us next season. That seems pretty short given all we (think we) know.
One thing I do know for sure. I'd be over the moon if we pulled this off.
It would be brilliant if we got him for a third season.We will have to start crying down his abilities 😁

Could be we can sign him if we finish high enough-after all if we finish say 5th we would get £25m more in prize money than if we finished 15th.theres then Europe and probably more tv appearances on top so you could be looking £35m.that could fund the difference between say ramsdale or the Turkish guy and hendo

Regardless of whether Utd could afford him (don't forget wages as well as the transfer fee!), he apparently doesn't want to leave Man Utd and they don't want to sell him - he's a ready made successor to DdG so why on earth would they sell? A loan would appear to be the best option for both Man Utd and DH (as well as Utd).

The recent chatter from De Gea wanting to stay at Man U starts to make things spicy... 👀

De Gea's meant to be on £350K per week, so little chance him wanting to move on wages that he may not get elsewhere. I saw a similar piece that quoted De Gea, in it he said he'd like to create history at Man Utd and spend years at Old Trafford, insisting that he had no intention of giving up his position as MU's number one keeper.

It's a shame that we're still 'new kids on the block' where the Prem's concerned, as although our financial position has improved, it's a relative improvement where, and this I hope summarises things exactly, we thought carefully about spending £22 mil on an up and coming midfield player. Henderson's position is quite different, and in a short space of time Henderson's stock has risen, to the point where I'd wager a starting point for his services would quite easily be £35, and that's a conservative estimation on my part.

Over the space of the next season, and it makes sense for Man Utd to have Henderson playing first team football rather than 'starring' in the reserves, Henderson's significance and value will grow exponentially if the standards he's set are maintained. If we could afford him I'd wager we should pay the fee, but that's unlikely at the moment, so as things stand, another season as our 'keeper works both ways. Henderson underlines his value in what's an already developing side, and he helps us maintain our position as a Prem club, hence we look an increasingly attractive proposition to any other 'keeper should Wilder decide he wants to buy someone at an affordable price.

As much as losing Henderson will be a blow when it happens, we know Wilder already has Mitchell on the case.

Henderson needs 1st team football, if that can't be at Manchester United then what better place than a progressive club, close to home that aren't (supposed to be) competing for honours. That is unless Henderson fancies a spell in mainland Europe.

Been great for his career so far at the Lane. Someone's turned him into England's number one keeper. Surely Hendo recognises that ?

I've seen the figure of £22 mil elsewhere, what's the truth? Of course it depends on whether this is accurate or not, but if so then I can't imagine why Wilder would hesitate to sign DH, but it could all be a bit of nothing, as remaining a Man Utd player, with all the attractions this has - a far higher wage than the Blades could offer for starters - might be the difference between Henderson considering a move or choosing to remain a MU player.

Media reported Henderson asked for £75k a week up from £25k last time. Rumour has it Man U offered him £50k. If he gets another contract in the summer and its £75k a week or above we are fast approaching the point where we can't realistically justify paying his full wages and any top up loan fee if required. To do so would probably make him on twice as much or more than our current highest paid player. Unless we make the Champions League can't see him coming back if he's going to have a new contract on even more silly money.

Media reported Henderson asked for £75k a week up from £25k last time. Rumour has it Man U offered him £50k. If he gets another contract in the summer and its £75k a week or above we are fast approaching the point where we can't realistically justify paying his full wages and any top up loan fee if required. To do so would probably make him on twice as much or more than our current highest paid player. Unless we make the Champions League can't see him coming back if he's going to have a new contract on even more silly money.

Good luck to DH if that's what he'll get - nobody could argue that he's not worked hard for it. I agree that it would & should put him out of Utd's reach for next season although I would argue that another year at Utd would be Man Utd's best option if DdG will remain, as expected, their first choice. I would imagine they'd be reluctant to sell a player who will be in all likelihood England's next GK and an obvious successor to DdG, they wouldn't want to loan to (what they'd see as) a more likely rival (i.e. the other teams in the traditional 'Big 6') or want him getting frustrated and losing out on development sat on their bench.

I'd love him to return the BDTBL again next season but that's appearing less & less likely, plus the increased number of rumours that CWAK are courting other GKs backs-up the theory.

Article in the Guardian today. As it stands Henderson will still be leaving at the end of June.
Depends I suppose if the FA determine that the end of season date is now shifted to 30 July on all contracts, but do they have that power ?

Whilst we are keen to keep our loanee, given the losses over the last couple of months, many clubs might be keen to give theirs back. Has any other EPL team got a loan signing of any significance other than cover ? Or even any player who is a key player with a deal expiring 30th June.

Can’t see a vote to force the extension of contracts (if that is even legal) would be voted for favourably.

Thought this was sorted but if not it's Moore and we'll see what he can do, not going to get too excited unless he starts dropping clangers, he'll do his best think he's still got a year on his contract...

Thought this was sorted but if not it's Moore and we'll see what he can do, not going to get too excited unless he starts dropping clangers, he'll do his best think he's still got a year on his contract...
I think it’d be more likely Verrips would start

I've noticed a constant stream of rumours linking us with Turkish 'keepers. Presumably Wilder will already be aware that Henderson is seeking to exploit the current uncertainty surrounding the position of Man Utd's number one goalie. A point will arrive where a lack of commitment plus wages required will force Wilder's hand in the transfer market.

Back
Top Bottom