Incoming? Dean Henderson for a 3rd season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think a lot will depend on where we finish this season and if we're playing European football next season.

Will Man U be happy loaning a player to a club which finished above them in the table when there will be plenty of other offers for his services on loan? Will we use our rising reputation within European football to sign a top quality keeper on permanent basis, we'll be an attractive club to play for should we be playing in Europe.

I have no doubt, as far as transfers go including the keeper, there are several scenarios with differing targets on the current flipchart. Budgets for all will be different, as will the players targeted.

1. Get relegated

2. Stay up

3. top 10

4. Europa league

5. Champions League

Given we seem to be active trying to sign highly rated keepers (The Turkish lad for one) I have doubts that Hendo will be here next season. It could a warning shot across his and Man Utds bows to stop pissing about, but I think a number of things have come together to mean he is elsewhere come August.

You may be, and probably are, correct about Henderson's destination. My one concern rests on MU's DNA when it comes to signing players. I know that there are one of two Academy players currently in their ranks, but they do seem to have a 'thing' for highly valued players from other countries. Maybe it's because their pool of home grown talent appeared to dry up, maybe they went from one disastrous set of circumstance to another, disabling the club to the point where all they had were memories of the recent past. They've certainly appointed managers who weren't quite good enough for what their fan-base had come to expect, but maybe the root of all their problems goes back to their boardroom, where extremely well paid, self-serving types knew where their best interest lay.

The current team, although threaded with players who've cost tens of millions, seems far more a shadow of what their supporters crave to watch once again. Trouble is, the world, and the game, has changed beyond all recognition.....so, would it be a good move if Henderson returned to MU, having to play with a defence who are far less capable than the players he currently plays with? The money would certainly be welcome, but my take is that he'd soon find his thoughts wandering to the heady days of being number one choice at the Blades?

You may be, and probably are, correct about Henderson's destination. My one concern rests on MU's DNA when it comes to signing players. I know that there are one of two Academy players currently in their ranks, but they do seem to have a 'thing' for highly valued players from other countries. Maybe it's because their pool of home grown talent appeared to dry up, maybe they went from one disastrous set of circumstance to another, disabling the club to the point where all they had were memories of the recent past. They've certainly appointed managers who weren't quite good enough for what their fan-base had come to expect, but maybe the root of all their problems goes back to their boardroom, where extremely well paid, self-serving types knew where their best interest lay.

The current team, although threaded with players who've cost tens of millions, seems far more a shadow of what their supporters crave to watch once again. Trouble is, the world, and the game, has changed beyond all recognition.....so, would it be a good move if Henderson returned to MU, having to play with a defence who are far less capable than the players he currently plays with? The money would certainly be welcome, but my take is that he'd soon find his thoughts wandering to the heady days of being number one choice at the Blades?

he'd soon find his thoughts wandering to the heady days of being number one choice at the Blades

Too right but him coming back totally depends on de Gea finding a mug to take him on.

If MU can shift him then Hendo will be at MU.
If they get stuck with de Gea then a third season on loan makes perfect sense, they won't want him at one of their perceived big six rivals and a third season here still won't be seen as a threat because the industry won't think we can repeat this season.

he'd soon find his thoughts wandering to the heady days of being number one choice at the Blades

Too right but him coming back totally depends on de Gea finding a mug to take him on.

If MU can shift him then Hendo will be at MU.
If they get stuck with de Gea then a third season on loan makes perfect sense, they won't want him at one of their perceived big six rivals and a third season here still won't be seen as a threat because the industry won't think we can repeat this season.

Agree mate, that would be ideal...but ideal has little to do with the type of pre-season planning that Wilder puts great store by. If I recall Henderson's return this season happened at the eleventh hour, so although far from perfect it did give us exactly what we needed. But I digress, the odds are that Henderson will return to MU next season, and no doubt Wilder is already identifying DH's replacement. This summer should be interesting with comings and goings.

Seen this bollocks? They can get fucking rodded.

Yep, can just see that. So Dean, you're an established Premier League keeper on the verge of a full international call-up and forcing your way into the England team for the Euros. How about joining a team that were hurtling towards the Premiership but collapsed towards the end of the season before finishing 6th and losing out on penalties after two 0-0 draws in the Play-offs?

Yep, can just see that. So Dean, you're an established Premier League keeper on the verge of a full international call-up and forcing your way into the England team for the Euros. How about joining a team that were hurtling towards the Premiership but collapsed towards the end of the season before finishing 6th and losing out on penalties after two 0-0 draws in the Play-offs?

The team who's fans spent 90mins calling him a paedo last time we played them? Ok

I think some sort of compromise has to be reached. And personally I think we hold more aces than some would have us believe.
I think the major sticking point will be salary attached to his recent new contract with Man Utd. I suspect it will be way more than we can afford, or beyond our wage policy.
Even at half his potential Man Utd wages he is unlikely to sign for us on a permanent.

Pure click-bait shite from the Leeds Post there. They could only dream of their beloved Leeds United signing a player of Henderson’s quality.

Real Madrid are eyeing David De Gayer according to the Current Bun.

3rd favourites at 12/1.
2nd faves Chelsea at 8/1
Us at 2/1

More chance of me finding my Tat and Tits avatar bird in real life than him joining Leeds

Real Madrid are eyeing David De Gayer according to the Current Bun.

70m ffs I bet every Man U fan who has read that is offering to drive him there themselves...ferry included of course

Why would Real want De Gea? Only reason I can think off is they want to prove they can sign whoever they want even if it’s 5 years too late and the player is past his best now.. if they’re chucking £70m around why not sign Henderson?

A goalkeeper of Henderson quality will always draw speculation from idle journalists.
He has proper come of age at United.
Sadly I think any fee and his wages will prevent him from joining us permanently. Man Utd in the driving seat on this one. Sell De Gea while he still has some value, and recall Henderson as their number one keeper.
De Gea gets to go home on a fat paycheck, and Henderson gets his dream job, plus the England jersey is his.
Blades can only take credit for his coaching and development, and maybe unearth another diamond in the rough?
GLTTL.

Could be we can sign him if we finish high enough-after all if we finish say 5th we would get £25m more in prize money than if we finished 15th.theres then Europe and probably more tv appearances on top so you could be looking £35m.that could fund the difference between say ramsdale or the Turkish guy and hendo

Man U cannot sell an england goalkeeper to a rival like Chelsea / Tottenham etc. I know we will have comments if we are rivals etc but financially they could tempt Hendo back easily so it has to be someone like us if they do sell. For me I’d take another loan use the money we have to build a better squad. Keep doing it until we sit down and say we need him!

If Real Madrid come in with a big enough offer for de Gea they'd be stupid not to sell him and replace him with Henderson.

I can't see why Real would go for De Gea. They've got Courtois and he's not been bad

I can't see why Real would go for De Gea. They've got Courtois and he's not been bad

He's really not been great Sam, hence why ZZ is rumoured to be looking to replace him. DdG would be the obvious choice although it would be an incredibly costly deal, even for them.

I read somewhere that Man United would be open to sell Henderson, but only if it were to us with a buy back clause. Unsure if it’s already been posted, or how legit the source was, but I’d be quite happy with that!

Back
Top Bottom