Incoming? Dean Henderson for a 3rd season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t think it will happen (unfortunately he’s progressed passed the point where we can afford him even if Man U agreed to sell) but I think it’s a misnomer about the wages. cant see the squad being bothered as it’s not us who have agreed to the contract.

Call it a loan fee of £3m and a contribution of £40k per week to his wages if it makes that much difference. It amounts to the same thing.

No! If he comes here we are paying his wages = a dozen players demanding to know why the club can pay him £100k a week and They are only getting £15k

Government organisation. (I think that explains the answer must admit I'm not sure what you are asking.)
It’s nothing complicated, rather than incur all the cost in year one, you spread the cost of initial purchase across its expected life. What they’re doing at the moment is not really saving £17m a year if they’ve the capital to buy it outright.

Same argument at work: We need a simulator buying one costs £20m and running costs are £25k/week or we can hire one for £5m/year.
Hiring one saves over £17m from this years budget we'll do it.
Next year hiring one costs £7m and we'll save £15m from next year's budget! Promotion for the man who's saving the company an 8 figure sum each year.
Why do you need to buy two?

Flatulent_Bob Ok. Yes that would be the smart thing to do but as I said it was a government organisation so without going into too much detail about how these things are portrayed to the next tier of management who seemingly just accept it and everybody at lower levels saying, 'is somebody taking back handers?' It just seemed to start happening.

Why do you need to buy two?
Because instead of buying it for 20m (+running costs) they prefer to lease it all costs included* except that meant the same scenario arose the next year, 'buy or lease?'

*Although in the way the contracts are worded any 'extraordinary' costs (ie unexpected and generally large) are transferred to the leasee.

No! If he comes here we are paying his wages = a dozen players demanding to know why the club can pay him £100k a week and They are only getting £15k

It’s clearly different.... as he’s not our player we haven’t given him a long term contract within our wage structure. We are merely covering the costs of acquiring his services for a year At the going rate.

mcburnie and berge’s transfer fees amounts to 100k per week each over a 4 year contract. The players could just as well be asking how we can afford that outlay and not to give them a wage rise.

at the end of the day hendo can ask for 100k a week because either Man U or someone like Chelsea will pay it... the same can’t be said for our players atm and that’s the economics of it.

If the players are that sensitive about it tell man u we will only cover 50% of his wages but will up the loan fee by £2.5m and get to the same position.

It’s clearly different.... as he’s not our player we haven’t given him a long term contract within our wage structure. We are merely covering the costs of acquiring his services for a year At the going rate.

mcburnie and berge’s transfer fees amounts to 100k per week each over a 4 year contract. The players could just as well be asking how we can afford that outlay and not to give them a wage rise.

at the end of the day hendo can ask for 100k a week because either Man U or someone like Chelsea will pay it... the same can’t be said for our players atm and that’s the economics of it.

If the players are that sensitive about it tell man u we will only cover 50% of his wages but will up the loan fee by £2.5m and get to the same position.

Players, and more importantly, agents don't think like that. Any leverage to get more for their player and themselves will be used. A player on significantly more than the rest will generate unrest. Also a £6m loan fee with salary on top starts to become too expensive with no recoup of outlay, hence the reports of looking elsewhere. You have an asset, possible future profit and can control the wage structure.

Stupid question I know, but why can't we be like other clubs and have our own keeper ?

It’s been a pleasure Hendo, ultimately I understand that money talks. However I’m sure there are some very good keepers who would be itching to be our first choice GK, without upsetting the whole squad over money.

It’s been a pleasure Hendo, ultimately I understand that money talks. However I’m sure there are some very good keepers who would be itching to be our first choice GK, without upsetting the whole squad over money.

This imaginary upset you mean?

Players, and more importantly, agents don't think like that. Any leverage to get more for their player and themselves will be used. A player on significantly more than the rest will generate unrest. Also a £6m loan fee with salary on top starts to become too expensive with no recoup of outlay, hence the reports of looking elsewhere. You have an asset, possible future profit and can control the wage structure.

I agree - agents will always push for their client. Which is unfortunately why we have missed the chance to get him here longer term, even if we could get a fee agreed with Man U. The agent will know there is a club a club that and offer 2/3 times what we can.

it’s hard to pass on a known commodity like hendo when we know how good he has been, an expensive new keeper is an unknown and a risk... But one we are going to have to take.

I agree - agents will always push for their client. Which is unfortunately why we have missed the chance to get him here longer term, even if we could get a fee agreed with Man U. The agent will know there is a club a club that and offer 2/3 times what we can.

it’s hard to pass on a known commodity like hendo when we know how good he has been, an expensive new keeper is an unknown and a risk... But one we are going to have to take.

We couldn't get him long term because he was never interested. He did and still does think he'll be Man Utd no.1, and we were nothing but a stepping stone to achieving that. It was so successful that he's now elevated himself above us, but not high enough to replace De Gea. He has a problem to resolve.

I can see the other Utd players all being highly delighted that we are paying them between 10 - 25k per week, and then Hendo £100k a week. Its not really compatible with building team spirit which is what we are about. I don't see players having too much of a beef if Man Utd are subsidising half the wages, but if they aren't, then that starts becoming a potential problem.

As good a keeper as Hendo is, he is still young and learning, and does have flaws to his game. I personally think it's time to invest in our own permanent signing and bid a fond farewell to Hendo. The disparity in wages would be just too high.

Bring in our own keeper, let's develop him as he plays behind our excellent defence (which was a huge bearing on Hendo looking so good for the last two seasons also) and move on from the Hendo/Man Utd project.

In years to come, maybe we can potentially look into bringing Hendo back to the Lane when situations have changed.
It doesnt really work like that ,you pay a loan fee and man utd pay his wages from.that

It doesnt really work like that ,you pay a loan fee and man utd pay his wages from.that

It can actually work either way, it doesn't have to be a lump sum up front. It could even be playing/non playing us offering a different wage.

update
Here is what we know so far.

Wider isnt hanging around for a decision.

CWAK won't pay someone else's player 100k per week.

Alan Nixon is full of shit.
How come you speak with so much confidence about the inner most thoughts of a man whose name you can spell properly ?

Seen a couple of reports that Man U will offer Hendo another improved contract - £100k/week - to be understudy to De Gea for one more season. No wages subsidy for anyone wanting to take him on loan.
No wonder we're looking elsewhere.

Last edited:
This imaginary upset you mean?
True we don't know what's really going on but we do know Lundstram and some of the other players 'think there is more money in the team than there is', if one player is on double to quadruple what the others are they may have a point.

Up until now Deano being loaned to us has suited all 3 parties. That balance has now changed to where it only really suits Man Utd. DdG has 4 years left on 350k a week, he won't be going anywhere for atleast 2 years, likely all 4 with those wages. Deano can sign a deal which passes power to OT and could easily see him sat warming a bench over the next few years as the list of clubs willing to pay 100k a week for a loan keeper is dwindling. I don't see how we pay it even if we can afford it, would put him miles agead of anyone else.

They just sold Alexis to inter milan for free who was on over 500k. Its really not impossible to imagine them shifting de gea. Contract runs out in 2023 too. So after this next year only 2 years left.

Wish they would sort this out one way or the other it is beyond irritating to say the least.

We have just about 1 month before the new season and a few weeks to pre season if Hendo is or isn't coming back it needs to be sorted so we know where we are.

Back
Top Bottom