Deadbat's 19-20 Premier League Predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Man City
Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Everton
Leicester
West Ham
Wolves
Southampton
Newcastle
Watford
Bournemouth
Aston Villa
Blades
Palace
Brighton
Burnley
Norwich

UEIEF 😉

UTB

Bump - finally got round to reading this, great stuff Deadbat. Wish I'd not read the Worst Case Scenario bit for United though :oops:

Out of interest, is there anyone you'd move significantly up or down now that the transfer deadline has passed?

Not really.

I think City/Liverpool will be so close again and Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea all could be any order.

Norwich and Brighton both did some decent business last few days and that should concern me but a lot of those other predicted to finish bottom half did very little...Palace, Burnley etc

Interesting although obviously written before yesterday as Brighton have added Maupay and Mooy which makes them stronger. Last week I pencilled them in to go down. Now I think they will stay up based on the new additions. Agree with you on us though think we may finish one or two places higher. How Fleck and Norwood adapt is the big question and will determine a lot. My tips for relegation are Norwich, Burnley, Palace. Agree with Liverpool to win the League. Had backed them in a double last season with Blades promotion. We were 8.1 so missed out on £900 payout on final day of the season. But think they'll win it this season and Blades will stay up.

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs

Man City will again reach 98-100 points which will put them out of reach of everyone. Liverpool May break the 90 point barrier again but won’t come as close as last season. Spurs are the best of the rest.

18. Southampton
19. Newcastle
20. Norwich

Newcastle are in dire straights, a poor start and they could be manager less again before Xmas.

I don’t think Norwich will keep enough clean sheets or score as many late winners as last season.

As for Southampton a bit of a guess, it could be anyone of 5 including us.

I think it depends how long it takes us/our players to adapt to the PL. Hopefully most can but some may struggle but with the depth of squad we have hopefully there will be a core who can play there comfortably. I worry that it will be difficult for CW to actually find what his best team is with so many to choose from. Once you get in the relegation zone you seem to be sucked in and it is difficult to get out. When you look thgrough the list of teams it is quite daunting to find 3 that we can definitely finish above!

We will be 10th not bothered about rest⚽😀

11th for Bournemouth seems optimistic, even if they get that high I don't see them being far from the drop zone points-wise. Anyone from 10th down on that list could be relegated realistically, us being favourites for it is obvious, but anywhere from 10th to 20th is possible. If the bottom 3 was something like Palace, Burnley, Villa it wouldn't be entirely surprising.
bournemouth 11th? i think they'll go down. they're a busted flush as are Brighton.. Eriksen will leave Spurs as the window is still open in Europe. Reckon we'll finish higher than 17th. most teams will underestimate us like Villa did last season

Nice write up. I enjoyed/hated that our best & worst case scenarios were so much more extreme than the others!

I have us in 17th as well. It seems some (many?) of us here think we'll be closer to mid table but I don't see it. Wilder is a miracle worker, but in this case I think that means just barely staying up, not comfortably in mid table. Of course I hope they are right.

I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 1 or 2 places higher, but also neither would I be if we finished bottom.

In previous years there's been a few car crash clubs just waiting to go down, and this year I think the division is stronger at the bottom end. Only Brighton and Newcastle you could argue may end up fitting this category. The other 2 promoted sides are strong as well, which makes it more difficult.

In the Championship you can count on a dependable group of 5 or 6 clubs who are dire and from whom you can pick up points even if you have s bad season. I'd maintain that to get relegated from the championship you have to be absolutely awful. Just look at the likes of Reading who are terrible year on year and still stay up. There are barely any to none of these in the Prem. It's possible to have a great team that plays well and still go down, which could well be the case for us. I hope not!

Whatever happens, if Wilder sticks to his principles we're in for an exciting season.

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3.Arsenal
4.Spurs
5. Man Utd.
6. Wolves
7. Watford
8. Chelsea
9. Everton
10.West Ham
11. Leicester
12. Southampton
13. Bournemouth
14. SUFC
15. Villa
16. Burnley
17. Brighton
18. Newcastle
19. Palace
20. Norwich

I've had to change my predictions based on Deadline Day. There are some groups you can swap around at will

1. City

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4-6: (probably) - Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd

7-10: Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Wolves

11-12: Bournemouth, Watford

13-17: Villa, Burnley, Blades, Soton, Brighton

18-20: Newcastle, Palace, Norwich

Apparently people predicting Norwich to go down based on their lack of strengthening are talking, 'uninformed nonsense'. I still think they will and for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom