De Gea says "No".

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
So, hes turned down manc poo's offer of a new deal!, where does this leave Henderson we may ask??

So, hes turned down manc poo's offer of a new deal!, where does this leave Henderson we may ask??

It probably leaves him about 5th in the pecking order of Man Utd keepers.... 6th when they go out and spend £60 million on a Brazilian born De Gea replacement who's currently playing in Portugal and is dodgy under crosses

computer%20says%20no.jpg

Could push him up to third choice so we still stand a healthy chance of getting him back for another year.

like majority of home grown talents. overlooked while they waste 50m on a worse or equal goalie from abroad. because promoting from within isnt "cool" just look at hudson odoi, both kane & rashford only got a chance they were last resort at the time

He was 4th choice at best before he came to us, you can bet your limb of choice that if De Gea goes they'll be in for another name, as good as Romero is they'll want an Oblak or Onana to replace De Gea, they won't promote, that's small team mentality from a Man U point of view.

If we stand any chance of getting Deano back, I don't think this will affect it.

Dont see this effecting any deal, Man Utd will go out and buy another keeper or get another in a cash + player deal for De Gea

They are rumoured to be activating Oblaks 100m euro buy out clause.

Henderson will not be anywhere near their first team next season.

According to the Mirror last week, Ole Gun Sol was "quoted" as saying another year in the Prem, with the Blades now they are promoted would do his career development good, and was happy to sanction another season long loan.

According to the Mirror last week, Ole Gun Sol was "quoted" as saying another year in the Prem, with the Blades now they are promoted would do his career development good, and was happy to sanction another season long loan.
Promises promises.

Solsjkaer will allow a loan move but only if Henderson commits himself to a new contract at Man Utd

If not he'll be sold, and several Championship clubs will be in for him meaning we won't stand a chance

It seems the latest is they would promote Romero.

To be fair he hasn't let them down and back up or not, he's still mustered 96 caps for Argentina. He's certainly no mug.

It would leave Lee Grant as back up. I'm sure he's comfortable with that, but are they?

They won't go into the season with just 2 keepers. So they are going to have to stiff one of their young guys who was probably expecting a loan move.

I think Hendo will be loaned out. He has made good progress and they probably recognise if he excels in the PL then he could make a genuine challenge for the gloves at OT next year.

It would mean either Pereira not going on loan or them picking up someone for a year. All looks a bit dicey if Romero picks up an injury though. Hendo would look most well placed at that point. Be good to get him tied up asap. At the prices he would go for, De Gea would not be a quick transfer.

Solsjkaer will allow a loan move but only if Henderson commits himself to a new contract at Man Utd

If not he'll be sold, and several Championship clubs will be in for him meaning we won't stand a chance

Hold up, wait, what? We're the Prem club now, we'd carry the clout.

Hold up, wait, what? We're the Prem club now, we'd carry the clout.

I think it was an attempt at being funny from Mr Doom and Gloom. Not much to moan about at the moment so he’s seizing any opportunity to stick the knife in.

we're a premiership outfit now mate. i know that is pissing you off but really

We're a Premier League outfit actually, but that won't stop players joining Championship clubs instead of us

So you’re trying to say a player would accept less money playing in the Championship
Instead of more money playing in the Premier League?
You know that’s total nonsense.

There’s currently a crack down on FFP, so Championship clubs are struggling to offer decent contracts anymore.
There’ll probably only be Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield with decent financial clout next season.
Maybe a player might choose Fulham over us, but only if they prefer to be based in London.

We're a Premier League outfit actually, but that won't stop players joining Championship clubs instead of us
you hope ;)
wont happen unless they're offering daft money that we'd be stupid to match. every player wants 'Premiership' on their cv. it makes them more valuable

you hope ;)
wont happen unless they're offering daft money that we'd be stupid to match. every player wants 'Premiership' on their cv. it makes them more valuable

No I don't hope. I'd find it embarrassing to be honest. But some Championship clubs will still push the boat out even more than us even as a Premier League club. They'll spend to try to get promoted, just like they always have done. We got there by spending practically nothing, and if you include Brooks sale and the Maguire, Walker, Murphy sell on clauses we probably got there for even less than some might think.
Doing well in the Premier league will not be so easy on a cut price basis, nobody has ever been an established Premier league club on the cheap, they might survive one season, maybe two, but it will get them in the end if they don't invest properly.

I'm sure Wilder will get enough to survive with his managerial skills, but that can only take you so far at the top level, everybody tires eventually if they're not being backed sufficiently. Bassett tired of the job after performing miracle after miracle, he was then asked to perform one miracle too many after Deane was sold from under him and his whole persona changed, leading to the team spirit, the biggest thing that was driving us on being destroyed.

We got relegated and Bassett had had enough of being shit on, you could see it in the performances even at the lower level which eventually led to him being sacked.

No I don't hope. I'd find it embarrassing to be honest. But some Championship clubs will still push the boat out even more than us even as a Premier League club. They'll spend to try to get promoted, just like they always have done. We got there by spending practically nothing, and if you include Brooks sale and the Maguire, Walker, Murphy sell on clauses we probably got there for even less than some might think.
Doing well in the Premier league will not be so easy on a cut price basis, nobody has ever been an established Premier league club on the cheap, they might survive one season, maybe two, but it will get them in the end if they don't invest properly.

I'm sure Wilder will get enough to survive with his managerial skills, but that can only take you so far at the top level, everybody tires eventually if they're not being backed sufficiently. Bassett tired of the job after performing miracle after miracle, he was then asked to perform one miracle too many after Deane was sold from under him and his whole persona changed, leading to the team spirit, the biggest thing that was driving us on being destroyed.

We got relegated and Bassett had had enough of being shit on, you could see it in the performances even at the lower level which eventually led to him being sacked.
spot on about Bassett but so what?
we haven’t even got started and you’re moaning already.. can i borrow your crystal ball?

spot on about Bassett but so what?
we haven’t even got started and you’re moaning already.. can i borrow your crystal ball?

We've been promoted to the highest league we can play in, we're going to spend money on the ground and training facilities, and our management team (voted best in the land) have been given a "generous" budget to work with.

Shit innit.

Are you going to “push the boat out” with your money?

Daily Mail trying to scupper our chances with this article
https://mol.im/a/7058649

What a shit article.

I love Hendo & want him back as much as anyone but to say he’s had a better season than De Gea??

Hendo has faced the likes of josh Magennis & Patrick Bamford while De Gea has faced Salah & Aguero.

Back
Top Bottom