Player Suggestion David Turnbull

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not a bad shout actually for our u21s

Hopefully we could make this happen, seems to be very highly thought of and from what I have read seems ideal to step into the Duffy role.

yeah, just gives us depth and i reckon we could get him for a good price with the right sell on clauses.. i cant see why we couldn’t have him on the fringes, seems like hes cut it as a pro footballer so far, and if manure, chelsea and city are giving u21s a chance why cant we too!

We do need a balance of ball players and defensive players. Not sure someone who I would put in the attacking sense from the Scottish league would be my ideal signing.

We know we may struggle to score but putting it in the hands of someone more unknown is risky.

Mate at work is a motherwell fan. Says rangers are in for him and was slagging them off about stealing players for peanuts.

Described his as a cross between mccall and gmac. That'll do us!

19 year old Midfielder from Motherwell. I think we should go for this lad, I watch a lot of Scottish football and he has been a standout in the SPL for such a young lad. 15 goals from 30 Appearances this season is some going for a youngster. Before anyone says yeah but its Scotland, Villa signed a young lad for 2.25, John McGinn, he looks a top player now who would be worth in excess of 10m easily.

Rumours of clubs monitoring him including Brighton, Celtic who have bid 1.2 if you believe twitter but Motherwell want around 2m. For that money and the promise he has already shown he is worth the risk and I hope Paul Mitchell has been looking at him

19 year old Midfielder from Motherwell. I think we should go for this lad, I watch a lot of Scottish football and he has been a standout in the SPL for such a young lad. 15 goals from 30 Appearances this season is some going for a youngster. Before anyone says yeah but its Scotland, Villa signed a young lad for 2.25, John McGinn, he looks a top player now who would be worth in excess of 10m easily.

Rumours of clubs monitoring him including Brighton, Celtic who have bid 1.2 if you believe twitter but Motherwell want around 2m. For that money and the promise he has already shown he is worth the risk and I hope Paul Mitchell has been looking at him

" yeah but it's Scotland " ....

19 year old Motherwell midfielder. He broke through last season, scoring 15 goals. Apparently £3m would land him but Celtic are showing interest.

19 year old Motherwell midfielder. He broke through last season, scoring 15 goals. Apparently £3m would land him but Celtic are showing interest.

Yes he's thought of very highly. Southampton are keeping an eye on him also.
I think our efforts will be focused on the here and now though for this first season back in the big time!

How many players have come down from Scotland and been a success in the top division in the last 20 years ?

Ha ha yeah Virgil Mc Van Dijk, OK, I meant Scottish players :rolleyes:

But that isn’t what you said. And it does disprove the lazy myth that there is nothing worth looking at in the SPL. There are some excellent young players emerging at the moment and I’m sure Mitchell will have an eye on that market.

There's Robertson, Snodgrass, Fraser, McArthur and one or two others I'm sure.
Over the years there's been some absolute legends of the game come down from Scotland. What would we do to unearth the next Kenny Dalglish?!!

But that isn’t what you said. And it does disprove the lazy myth that there is nothing worth looking at in the SPL. There are some excellent young players emerging at the moment and I’m sure Mitchell will have an eye on that market.
Yeah, but it's what I meant :)
You only have to look at the Scottish National team to see what 'talent' there is and relatively speaking how good their players are. Their Premier League is a joke unforuntately which doesn't help but you'd think that if there was an abundance of talent up there, it would be more competitive than it is and many more players would be moving down South.

Yes he's thought of very highly. Southampton are keeping an eye on him also.
I think our efforts will be focused on the here and now though for this first season back in the big time!
Truth is we need 9 players to make up the PL squad numbers. Some will have to be lower cost development players. Lot depends if we sell all of our listed players or if we give development players from the academy a chance, an area CWAK have failed to do in their revolution.

There's Robertson, Snodgrass, Fraser, McArthur and one or two others I'm sure.
Over the years there's been some absolute legends of the game come down from Scotland. What would we do to unearth the next Kenny Dalglish?!!
I know times have changed and back in the day clubs didn't dip out of the UK much but back in the 70s and 80s, the likes of Liverpool and Man U contained 4 or 5 world class Scottish players.

You only have to look at the Scottish National team to see what 'talent' there is and relatively speaking how good their players are. Their Premier League is a joke unforuntately which doesn't help but you'd think that if there was an abundance of talent up there, it would be more competitive than it is and many more players would be moving down South.

You don't judge a player on his nations domestic league.
I agree that Scottish football is not at it's strongest at the minute, but that doesn't mean there's not a worldly coming through the ranks up there.
Turnbull is a very exciting prospect there's no doubt about that.

I could very easily give you a list of 20 countries that have crap domestic leagues and national sides but have produced top PL players. As I said, you make a lazy point. There is some real talent emerging up there at the moment, Turnbull being one.

I agree that Scottish football is not at it's strongest at the minute, but that doesn't mean there's not a worldly coming through the ranks up there.

Exactly. If everyone thought like Jim where would the likes of Salah be?

That was my 2nd point, I said look at their team. I don't doubt there may be the odd diamond coming through, my point was decen Scottish players have been few and far between in the last 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom