David Parkhouse

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cant say I’ve seen anything of the lad. A youngster trying to get into our squad at the moment is so difficult though

Why the fuck do we waste money on developing players who 'go on to have careers with other teams'?

I'm assuming this opinion has an element of Devil's advocate about it. If elite clubs didn't develop players it would be left to the lower leagues and the amateur game to develop youngsters and the standard of players being produced would drop right off. Kids doing army drills instead of one touch 5 a side.

Not to mention the number of players our academy has produced who have gone on to make first team appearances. Walker, Naughton, Brooks, Lowton and Maguire all gave us a decent season or more and filled a gap in the side we would have had to fill with an inferior player who would have commanded a fee and higher wages. We as fans also had the pleasure of seeing international standard players coming through our ranks.

As for Parkhouse, fair play to the lad if he wants to get first team football elsewhere. During our time served in the lower leagues we've slagged enough players off for not doing the same......Jordan Slew or that Sinclair(?) lad who is still sat outside Midland Station spring to mind.

I'm assuming this opinion has an element of Devil's advocate about it. If elite clubs didn't develop players it would be left to the lower leagues and the amateur game to develop youngsters and the standard of players being produced would drop right off. Kids doing army drills instead of one touch 5 a side.

Not to mention the number of players our academy has produced who have gone on to make first team appearances. Walker, Naughton, Brooks, Lowton and Maguire all gave us a decent season or more and filled a gap in the side we would have had to fill with an inferior player who would have commanded a fee and higher wages. We as fans also had the pleasure of seeing international standard players coming through our ranks.

As for Parkhouse, fair play to the lad if he wants to get first team football elsewhere. During our time served in the lower leagues we've slagged enough players off for not doing the same......Jordan Slew or that Sinclair(?) lad who is still sat outside Midland Station spring to mind.

The first team accrue the points that generates income, that's where the money should be spent.

We're part of a reasonably sensible overall system. Where youngsters benefit from coaching & the chance to develop their football skills alongside & against other talented youngsters. All our First Team squad played Development Football. Without Development Football, David McGoldrick (as an eg) wouldn't be the player he is today. Personally, I do not view Development Football as a waste of money.

I agree. But I still think it is of less value than having a proper "reserves" team that compete against other clubs in a competitive league. Maybe we could have both?

That would be quite something wouldn't it? If Everton can find a place in their starting line up for him - but we can't even find a place on the bench for him.

I've never seen the lad play. I don't know if he's any good. But I'd like to think that we will run the rule over him and be certain about his suitability before selling him to a competitor.

I'm closer to the 1st team squad than Parkhouse as I watch them every week.😃
In the extensive interview he did with The Derry Journal, Parkhouse said he'd been training with the SUFC First Team squad since he returned from Loan.

That would be quite something wouldn't it? If Everton can find a place in their starting line up for him - but we can't even find a place on the bench for him.

I've never seen the lad play. I don't know if he's any good. But I'd like to think that we will run the rule over him and be certain about his suitability before selling him to a competitor.
They once found a place for a 17yr old kid as a sub, think his name was Ronny or something like that.

I agree. But I still think it is of less value than having a proper "reserves" team that compete against other clubs in a competitive league. Maybe we could have both?
I understand the argument. But, we'd need teams to play against. There are the odd, no structure, uncompetitive, behind closed doors games. But, I get the impression there's no general appetite for a return to Reserve Team football.

(My understanding) .... Parkhouse has been at the club a long time. He's been on loan at Derry City. We'll have watched him closely over that period. And, he's been back training with the First Team. We've certainly run a lot of rules over him. And, we've offered him a new contract. In short, we want him. But, (currently) he doesn't want to sign that contract. And wants to explore & try options elsewhere.

(My understanding) .... Parkhouse has been at the club a long time. He's been on loan at Derry City. We'll have watched him closely over that period. And, he's been back training with the First Team. We've certainly run a lot of rules over him. And, we've offered him a new contract. In short, we want him. But, (currently) he doesn't want to sign that contract. And wants to explore & try options elsewhere.

Makes sense. If he thought he'd be making the first team squad maybe he'd be happy to stay - but if that's not the plan for him then I can't say I blame him.

They once found a place for a 17yr old kid as a sub, think his name was Ronny or something like that.
Yes they've got "form" for it haven't they? They like to blood 'em young over there at Everton. There's loads who made their Prem debut at a young age there. All the following were just 16 when they made their Prem debut for Everton:

Jose Baxter
James Vaughan
Wayne Rooney
Francis Jeffers
Jack Rodwell

So it looks like the place to go if you want to get thrown in the deep end early!:)

I don't know who's going to guarantee him first team football, unless it's back at Derry. I don't think Ancelotti at Everton would do that, or at Celtic, they all with have existing pecking order on strikers.
Everton are probably the lightest up front, but i'm sure Ancelotti will be looking for an instant upgrade for his Champions League challenge he thinks they're capable of.
GLTTL

Odd choice. Bottom of the EFL with a reputation for kicking opposition to pieces

It's certainly going to be a rough introduction to English league football

Just seen this on Twitter

"The young striker, who hasn't made a senior appearance for the Blades, moves to The Lamex Stadium with immediate effect. "

Said with love.

I have a somewhat positive take on this.
(Assuming the "reports" he has signed a contract are true).
Because Parky has been playing Summer Football in Derry, he's simply out of sync. It's clear Utd want him, offering him a contract, etc. But, it'll not have been easy finding him an EFL loan in this January Window. One where Utd feel he has a good chance of game time. So, he'll have to go where he has to go. If he does well, there'll be an opportunity for a "better loan" for next season. He'll be back in sync. My preference is to hold on to Development Youngsters, to see if they continue to develop. We haven't had the resources or the clout to do that in the recent past. So, I'm pleased we seem to be doing it now.
I'm on record as not being a particular fan of Parkhouse.. I've said he doesn't score nearly enough goals. And can seem anonymous at times. But, there's no point him playing U23 football with us. Let's see what he's got.....

A massive GLTTL.

I say this because I’ve got a mate from uni who is a season-ticket holder at Stevenage (poor lad) and I may have accidentally talked up Parkhouse’s talents, leading him on to believe the player will save them from relegation to the Conference...

Back
Top Bottom