David Parkhouse

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bertieblade

Reaction score
Apparently out of contract in the summer, currently on loan to Derry city until the end of their season in October and unless signed to a new contract will be available to sign a pre contract in January.
Apparently Celtic and a host of other clubs currently scouting him.
Could he be one of the few to slip the net or does our management team not rate him?

Apparently out of contract in the summer, currently on loan to Derry city until the end of their season in October and unless signed to a new contract will be available to sign a pre contract in January.
Apparently Celtic and a host of other clubs currently scouting him.
Could he be one of the few to slip the net or does our management team not rate him?
If our management don't rate him then its probably because he won't fit into our system

Weren't Man Utd linked with him the a year or two back as well? Must have something about him.

How dare you suggest that. If some unconfirmed report hints that other clubs are interested, then that decision MUST have been made by Wilder, and Wilder is ALWAYS right. Get. With. The. Programme.
But is he any good ? Now we are in the premier league it gets.increasingly difficult for home grown youngsters to break through. And it was hard enough when we were down the leagues, what was the name of the centre forward who played a few games for us, went out on loan and then disappeared? Big lad about 5yrs ago I'd guess but could be longer.

But is he any good ? Now we are in the premier league it gets.increasingly difficult for home grown youngsters to break through. And it was hard enough when we were down the leagues, what was the name of the centre forward who played a few games for us, went out on loan and then disappeared? Big lad about 5yrs ago I'd guess but could be longer.
? played for the First Team ?
? Joe Ironside ?
* dons tin hat *

Bit of a thread hijack here as Ball_Sup (Phil) prob knows more on this than most...........

Did anything come from that Canadian/American lad that came over for a trial at the end of July?

Parkhouse is a good young player with the ability to score with long shots. Some of his goals are ridiculous. He went back to Ireland because he wasn’t enjoying his time with us. I don’t know if he was homesick or didn’t get on with the coaches, I’ve no idea.

In my opinion, any "will he make it" question, about any player, can be answered by FriethBlade 's main point. It is incredibly difficult for any young player to break into a successful Championship side. Let alone a trying to find a way Premier League side. The numbers, the money, the announce announce announce culture just don't stack up.
Take the line of least resistance. Give the best odds answer. Will David Parkhouse make it at United. NO in a big font, underlined, in Red, and in bold.
What's he like Phil?
Right, that's better. I can go with that. I find him a frustrating player. He's a big, strong bustling centre forward. Up top target man. But he never seemed to score enough goals at U23 for me. We've had prolific goalscorers Jordan Hallam, Jake Wright Jnr. And, Parky didn't get anywhere near their numbers. He has the tools. Strength. Pace. Height. He's good in the air. Works hard. But, in a way I can't quite put my finger on, he wasn't particularly effective. I was always surprised to hear that "Manchester United are interested". Couldn't see it myself. We signed him from Derry. And, he's back there on loan. Incidentally, often playing up top with another Shirecliffe Academy graduate. I'm guessing he's enjoying it - he is one of their own.

The recent strategy at Shirecliffe has been - has player X made the step up? No. Move him on. Move the next younger kid Y up. That may change with Lester & Hughes in charge. And, we can now "afford" to take a longer look at kids out on loan.

There is little point in Parkhouse coming back to Shirecliffe (opinion) to get in a long queue of strikers. It wouldn't surprise me if he was told he can find a club. But, I'd be tempted to see whether we can get him a loan at a higher level than Derry & see how he cracks on there.

Obviously, if the club do something different, I'm opening myself to criticism from the Wilder Cultists. As you know, he has Super Hero Powers to watch every game, at any level, anywhere on Earth (and further afield), he can process & make instant decisions on players, that are always right. And, if it looks like he's cocked up, he can plant thoughts in fan's "minds". If only he weren't so fat...

Obviously, if the club do something different, I'm opening myself to criticism from the Wilder Cultists. As you know, he has Super Hero Powers to watch every game, at any level, anywhere on Earth (and further afield), he can process & make instant decisions on players, that are always right. And, if it looks like he's cocked up, he can plant thoughts in fan's "minds". If only he weren't so fat...

Phil, I genuinely like most of your stuff, but the 'Wilder Cultists' bollocks is heading towards the tiresome 'S2 Hoofer' nonsense that another one of our forum brothers, pedals.

1568809636102.png

You really are better than that.......

Phil, I genuinely like most of your stuff, but the 'Wilder Cultists' bollocks is heading towards the tiresome 'S2 Hoofer' nonsense that another one of our forum brothers, pedals.

View attachment 61447

You really are better than that.......
I hear you Brother. And I'll take it on board. But, I'm a Parody Artist. There is no such thing as the Carrier Bag Firm. There are no Wilder Cultists. My writing style for my Blogs, Fanzines, posts on here, is to take an idea, and take it to the extreme. I'm just pushing doors. I don't actually agree with the Shit I write. But, point taken, understood.....

Cheers Phil as usual very insightful views on a player 99% of us have never seen play.

And yes it was Ironside, good to hear hes now back in the league at Macclesfield, I always like to see our academy players go on to play pro football accepting most of them will never get to do it with us.

Cheers Phil as usual very insightful views on a player 99% of us have never seen play.

And yes it was Ironside, good to hear hes now back in the league at Macclesfield, I always like to see our academy players go on to play pro football accepting most of them will never get to do it with us.
That's the Spirit. All our First Team players played Academy Football. Just (in the main) not with us.

I hear you Brother. And I'll take it on board. But, I'm a Parody Artist. There is no such thing as the Carrier Bag Firm. There are no Wilder Cultists. My writing style for my Blogs, Fanzines, posts on here, is to take an idea, and take it to the extreme. I'm just pushing doors. I don't actually agree with the Shit I write. But, point taken, understood.....
Just tell him to bollocks, Phil. He’s in a nit-picking argumentative mood today.

You always seem not a huge fan of Wilder Phil? I respect your posts with the academy so will always take a read btw. I do think Parkhouse will be a good player imo.

You always seem not a huge fan of Wilder Phil? I respect your posts with the academy so will always take a read btw. I do think Parkhouse will be a good player imo.
I am an enormous fan of Wilder. I absolutely love watching his team play. The way he sets those cones out for the warm up is revolutionary. But, he wasn't the manager when I sank my first pint & threw my arms wide on another team's end & shouted Who Wants It. And, he won't be the manager when I die. He's the current window we're looking through & it's a good window & he's remarkable. But, I like holding up a mirror to all the St Chris, Sir Chris, Chris is God, in Chris we Trust bollocks. I like putting Shit out there & seeing how many raw nerves I touch. I'll put my Sheffield United supporting credentials up against anybody. Count the games. Count the grounds. Count the Loyalty Points. Under any fucking system you care to "invent". But, that does not mean that everything Wilder says & does makes me change my underpants. The fact that some people feel I might be serious & might be stating my own views means my writing style is "working"

On a very cheerful note Norrington-Davies had another cracking for Rochdale game last night. My informant is a qualified FA coach and spent many a year coaching people at all levels and ages. I'd certainly call him a good judge of a player.

On a very cheerful note Norrington-Davies had another cracking for Rochdale game last night. My informant is a qualified FA coach and spent many a year coaching people at all levels and ages. I'd certainly call him a good judge of a player.

All seems very positive for Norrington-Davies. Good article about him too .https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Hopefully has a future at the lane and can compete with Enda.

He was equally as good for exactly those same reasons of being able to drive forward with the ball, and use it effectively in the previous season when he was on loan with Barrow ( National League ) . Best left sided defender seen in those parts for many years. Looks a bright prospect.

parkhouse isn’t good enough having seen him twice for u23s and given he’s playing in Derry, wont play for us again. End of

Back
Top Bottom