David Mcgoldrick

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stop trying to make stupid changes. Look at the league table, understand you're talking rubbish. Yes, it would be great if he would start scoring, but that would just mean he goes from being our best player, to very comfortably our best player.

He plays well, we play well.

I’ve read a few of your posts on here and though full of shite I don’t know where you are coming from.
Having a go at fans for saying certain players didn’t play well then SEE ABOVE
What ?

Stop trying to make stupid changes. Look at the league table, understand you're talking rubbish. Yes, it would be great if he would start scoring, but that would just mean he goes from being our best player, to very comfortably our best player.

He plays well, we play well.

Agree with what u say - but he's fucked, blowing, out on his feet. The reason Wilder is allowing this is because we don't have a Didzy 2.0. We need one in January cos this fella has given 1000% so far this season and he's starting to flag (goals or no goals).

Agree with what u say - but he's fucked, blowing, out on his feet. The reason Wilder is allowing this is because we don't have a Didzy 2.0. We need one in January cos this fella has given 1000% so far this season and he's starting to flag (goals or no goals).
He looked alright last week.

He was not his best today I think most would agree but not on his own. Enda needed Bash to get him out of trouble first half. The goal was a straight punt down field so someone should have gone for it. Goalkeeper comes then goes back and leaves a gap near post. 10 points from the last 5 games that everyone would have said were relegation points at the start of the season. We clearly don’t have a Didsy mark 2 yet so we are where we are. I for one am just a very happy Blade and they can all have a bad day for me whenever they want. Bring on City and I have already had my £1 on Didsy scoring. You heard it here first !

Oh please give it a rest not a st

he was man marked and at times they doubled up on marking him

youve not watched a lot of football in Cornwall have you ?
Oh piss off you sanctimonious twat. I’ve been watching SU since 1964. All I’m saying is that if a player can’t cope with man marking at this level he shouldn’t be asked to play as a striker.

Absolutely dire today. He simply can’t be expected to play as a striker. Out muscled, lacking pace and everything about his body language suggested he’d rather be anywhere but playing football. As a 10 I love him, works his magic and runs the game. There was no link between Norwood playing deep and the front players hence the number of 30 yard passes Norwood was making. McBurnie? Good finisher but the Watford defence had him in their pockets all afternoon so the long ball didn’t work. Mousse lit things up immediately so the January window should see another target man striker in and someone to challenge Fleck and Lundstram who both looked off the pace. No need to panic but today was really poor.

Really poor? Take your head for a shit.

They had one chance and scored, and we created enough to win, but their MOTM GK denied us...

We tired towards the end, but 'really poor' - I call bullshit...

Its more of a joke that you are slating Didsy for not scoring but no mention of the sitter that Fleck missed today ! UTB
Think Didzi had his least effective performance of the season , it showed as we were a bit off it as a team That's not a criticism all teams have games like today we took a point now Citeh loom large we have to up our game for sunday .come on you Blades.

Like rocking horse shit pal, Messi beibg the top of the pile. If anyone I would go for the lad at Brentford, Benrahma.
Do you reckon Watkins could do the job ?
Didsy is going to be very hard to.replace

Do you reckon Watkins could do the job ?
Didsy is going to be very hard to.replace

No, I think Watkins is a Moose type. I'm stuggling but as a romantic bring Duffy back, shake hands and let him loose. He would have played between the lines today and created something.

The mere suggestion that Didzy had an off day ergo he was blowing out of his arse is just ridiculous. I agree he was a little below par today, as were the team as a whole, but fitness levels cannot be used as an excuse, sometimes an off day is simply an off day. It was a tight game as most of us expected, we probably shaded it but without creating a heap of chances so I am not too unhappy with a point.

People don't half talk shite ,he had an off day mainly due to the fact Watford did a job on him like a lot of out players who were well below par
Lundstram.for example looked like he'd just turned up after a Three day bender but it happens its football and they've done brilliantly and did well today to get a point in a game they weren't at their best
So was Brighton an off day? We judge a striker on goals. We judge a CAM on link up play and making the team fluid.. he's a striker is he not?

So was Brighton an off day? We judge a striker on goals. We judge a CAM on link up play and making the team fluid.. he's a striker is he not?
When you say we you mean you
The manager doesn't he judges a player on a lot more than that

McGoldrick dropped below the performance levels he has shown in recent games. He was too deep to be too effective a lot of the time and his passing was not as good as it usually is (mind you that was true of a number of players).

I was surprised he was not subbed off as I thought McBurnie was doing better (although as at Watford the service for him was not great).

I don’t agree with people who say “the goals will come” for McGoldrick. There’s no evidence for this. His finishing has been poor all season. Stats and the naked eye back this view up. Halfway through and it’s not hurt us that much: only Wolves and Southampton are games where we might have done better with better finishing from him. Plus of course he’s an important part of the side when we are in possession. It remains to be seen whether we can get away with playing a front 2 with one not scoring for the rest of the season though.

Absolutely dire today. He simply can’t be expected to play as a striker. Out muscled, lacking pace and everything about his body language suggested he’d rather be anywhere but playing football. As a 10 I love him, works his magic and runs the game. There was no link between Norwood playing deep and the front players hence the number of 30 yard passes Norwood was making. McBurnie? Good finisher but the Watford defence had him in their pockets all afternoon so the long ball didn’t work. Mousse lit things up immediately so the January window should see another target man striker in and someone to challenge Fleck and Lundstram who both looked off the pace. No need to panic but today was really poor.

I can’t believe anyone watching today could think McGoldrick was absolutely dire and Fleck was off the pace.

Game of opinions I suppose.

There’s no one in the squad who can replicate what McGoldrick brings to our system, no one who has both his technical ability and his huge energy levels. I don’t think he missed any goal scoring chances today, but he was heavily involved in creating the opportunity for Fleck though?

We were a bit untidy today, sloppy in possession at times and I thought Henderson woefully misjudged his positioning, leaving his near post hugely exposed for their goal.

But it was a decent point that I’d have taken before KO given their resurgence under Pearson 🤔

I can’t believe anyone watching today could think McGoldrick was absolutely dire and Fleck was off the pace.

Game of opinions I suppose.
Always the case. From my perspective Fleck, who is normally as sharp as, was off the normally high standards get sets - not great first touch and passing below par. I love Didzy but just think he brings so much more playing behind the front line rather than trying to lead it. I don’t think today will have done much for his confidence. I have enormous sympathy for CW as it brings into sharp focus his lack of options if the main players aren’t firing. Who does he replace Didz with? If McBurnie is struggling and he wants to go aerial, who else is there to win headers and hold up the ball? Interesting to see what happens in January but you sense that we need some players to take the pressure off the regular starters.

McGoldrick had his worst game of the season today—his little flicks and tricks weren’t coming off, some of his passing was sloppy, and he seemed to get frustrated—but I’d still have him on a 6/10.

I think some people who have been frustrated by his lack of goal have seized on his performance today to have a pop.

In our system, we can and do have a striker who doesn’t score goals, and it doesn’t matter. It works. He brings other players into the game and as a result our midfielders and wing backs and whoever he’s paired with up front get the goals instead. It works.

McGoldrick is fine for now.

I do wonder if someone like Bowen, who is a good goalscorer would be able to be molded to replace Didzy, given the latter is into his 30s.

Seen him described as a budget Arjen Robben. Could do worse.

I'm a McGoldrick fan and he's received a massive amount of support.

I do think for his own good and the team's he needs to be getting 5 between now and the end of the season.

In our system, we can and do have a striker who doesn’t score goals, and it doesn’t matter. It works. He brings other players into the game and as a result our midfielders and wing backs and whoever he’s paired with up front get the goals instead. It works.

It matters if the goals dry up from midfield. So far, so good, thanks to the midfield 5 pulling their weight collectively. This has to continue if McGoldrick doesn't score.

Oh please give it a rest not a st

he was man marked and at times they doubled up on marking him

youve not watched a lot of football in Cornwall have you ?
So nobody is allowed their own opinion? I wouldn’t contribute on a forum if you’re not willing to read things you don’t agree with.

McGoldrick had a bad game yesterday in my opinion in comparison to his usual standards, if you read most match ratings on here and Blades analytics on Twitter they all seem to agree.

I think before making any further negative comments about McGoldrick, people should look at the build up to the Fleck goal that should have been. Not one but two perfect volleyed passes to Mouuset under pressure that were entirely responsible for Mousset getting free. He was the only other player in the box along with Fleck at the end of the move. He also started the build-up that almost led to McBurnie scoring early on with an excellent pass to Fleck in space. He was in position to finish that move as well if Foster had saved in a different direction.
McGoldrick lost the ball more than usual, but AS USUAL he was involved in midfiled in key moves that could have led to goals, and he bust a gut to get on the end of moves as usual.

His body language at times suggested he was tired or frustrated or both,not surprising though is it?

Back
Top Bottom