Outgoing? David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn't Bournemouth fuck up with his initial operation? So I'm not sure how much of this is to do with him being injury prone.

Don't see how there's any room for him at United in the foreseeable future, even if it was realistic.

I fear Brooks will be one of those players who is injury prone. His record so far suggests so, which will be a shame for the lad as he has the potential to be a top player. I hope I am wrong.
Where do you get the injury prone from?
He had Glandular fever which is common in young adults ( Brian Dean had it )
Got a nastie ankle ligament problem which turned out to be more severe than diagnosed, the operation needed to put this right has cost him this season.
No guarantee' it will be 100% cure as ligaments are not easy injuries to treat.Its a common injury with footballers and most can put it behind them, hopefully he is one of the majority.
He was a late developer but a natural athlete so hopefully he can put it behind him.

Got a nastie ankle ligament problem which turned out to be more severe than diagnosed, the operation needed to put this right has cost him this season.
No guarantee' it will be 100% cure as ligaments are not easy injuries to treat.Its a common injury with footballers and most can put it behind them, hopefully he is one of the majority.
He was a late developer but a natural athlete so hopefully he can put it behind him.
He would be the ideal replacement for Mcgoldrick with the football intelligence and nous to play his roll.
Should be possible to get him at a good price with the sell on clause

Didn't he have injuries prior to the glandular fever?

Hope I am wrong anyway!

Didn't he have injuries prior to the glandular fever?

Hope I am wrong anyway!
He was used sparingly as being a late developer playing him too often would have been counter productive.
No big injury issues but being a really talented player Wilder gave him time to develop that was important.

Interesting that our latest accounts started that the club thought they had received a very good fee for him, now whilst I do not expect to say the opposite they had no reason to say anything if it were not the case.
He is a v good player but in my opinion will not go on to achieve consistent performances at a high level as he is too lightweight and would not fit into a UTD team now as he is not capable of playing at the intensity that we require for 90 minutes.
I doubt he could replace Didzy as he is not tall or strong enough.

Interesting that our latest accounts started that the club thought they had received a very good fee for him, now whilst I do not expect to say the opposite they had no reason to say anything if it were not the case.
He is a v good player but in my opinion will not go on to achieve consistent performances at a high level as he is too lightweight and would not fit into a UTD team now as he is not capable of playing at the intensity that we require for 90 minutes.
I doubt he could replace Didzy as he is not tall or strong enough.
He's not a Didzi clone but has a lot of his attributes. He was only a kid when we sold him and will be a lot stronger when he comes back from injury.Being a natural athlete he could reach the fitness levels we require.Wilder and co would be decides on that.
Whether we get him or not he did the most amazing nutmeg I've every seen on Hunt against the pigs.

I would definitely have him back if he can play in the whole, however I think his best position is more right wing which we obviously dont play. He's also injury prone which means I wouldn't spend big.

Coutts injury was far more costly than Brooks' fever.

Absolutely Tarqs , as much as Brooks (still) has great potential, Coutts was the hub of our midfield and was looking just as effective in the Championship before he was injured. It put us back a season, and for Wilder to find someone of the calibre of Norwood is testament to the scouting system we have. Although Norwood's a different type of player to Coutts, he has the ability to put his foot on the ball and ensure we maintain a momentum. In my view Coutts could have transferred his skills to the Prem in exactly the same way as he's done ever since Wilder took a grip of the player and made him a key player for the Blades. It's a real shame we'll never get to see Coutts again in a Blades' shirt, but I hope PC manages to maintain the form that made him so vital to the way we played.

Absolutely Tarqs , as much as Brooks (still) has great potential, Coutts was the hub of our midfield and was looking just as effective in the Championship before he was injured. It put us back a season, and for Wilder to find someone of the calibre of Norwood is testament to the scouting system we have. Although Norwood's a different type of player to Coutts, he has the ability to put his foot on the ball and ensure we maintain a momentum. In my view Coutts could have transferred his skills to the Prem in exactly the same way as he's done ever since Wilder took a grip of the player and made him a key player for the Blades. It's a real shame we'll never get to see Coutts again in a Blades' shirt, but I hope PC manages to maintain the form that made him so vital to the way we played.

Norwood played for Alan Knill at Scunthorpe. I remember him referring too it in his first interview.

He was absolute class for Bournemouth until he got injured and strong rumours Man U were readying a large bid (£40M+) and remain interested if he gets back to full fitness/form.

I'm still not quite sure where he would fit for us as Bournemouth played him out wide right or left. The caveat to that though is that the bouncing day massacre was by far and away his best game for us and he played as a 2nd striker off Clarke with a flat 3 in midfield. This is nearer to the formation we employ now than the one we played in the Championship so potentially he could play off McBurnie in the same way.

I still feel he would be out of our reach even if CW was interested, which I doubt. Even with his injuries I'm sure Bournemouth will be asking for £30-£35M for him. I know we've splashed the cash somewhat this season but I still feel we're at least another season from spending those sort of sums on a single player if not longer.

He was absolute class for Bournemouth until he got injured and strong rumours Man U were readying a large bid (£40M+) and remain interested if he gets back to full fitness/form.

I'm still not quite sure where he would fit for us as Bournemouth played him out wide right or left. The caveat to that though is that the bouncing day massacre was by far and away his best game for us and he played as a 2nd striker off Clarke with a flat 3 in midfield. This is nearer to the formation we employ now than the one we played in the Championship so potentially he could play off McBurnie in the same way.

I still feel he would be out of our reach even if CW was interested, which I doubt. Even with his injuries I'm sure Bournemouth will be asking for £30-£35M for him. I know we've splashed the cash somewhat this season but I still feel we're at least another season from spending those sort of sums on a single player if not longer.
Depending on the sell on clause we could get him a lot cheaper than other clubs so not impossible that's if Wilder is interested.
Usually when man utd come in it's a lost cause as the wages they pay far outstrips any we would offer. Let's hope his injuries put them off ! But I doubt it will.
It is possible they've moved on as there are some really good young players around,fingers crossed.

He wont go to a top 3 or 4 side, but he will go to a top 10 one, and as strange as it feels saying that...that's us.

He'd cost close to £30m even to us, and to be honest (if he wants to come and he past a medical) I would pay it.

Think a lot depends on if Bournmouth stay up. If they go down there will be a few in for him. Newcastle would be my concern!

Think he'd have to play the didzy position however think hes just out of our league money wise, he'd cost 30/40 million.

Only way we'd get him would be if Bournemouth went down and there was doubts over his injury record

I'd rather we spent that type of money on a decent goal scorer, assuming any exist in that price range.
I agree ,goal scoring is our weak link.It needs to be sorted.Thankfully the defence and mid field have been great.It is those players who have got us where we are today.Having a good goal scorer whould have seen us 2 or 3 places higher.

I agree ,goal scoring is our weak link.It needs to be sorted.Thankfully the defence and mid field have been great.It is those players who have got us where we are today.Having a good goal scorer whould have seen us 2 or 3 places higher.

At this stage of the season most of us reflect and consider where points were lost or gained. By my reckoning we could easily have gained between 5-7 more points, but it's a learning curve and the players will, hopefully, absorb the lessons that the Prem presents, mainly that chances taken as well as ruthlessness when in possession, are things we need to improve on. Overall we've had a spectacular season, far in excess of anything I thought we might achieve. My bad for underestimating the talent pool we have to call upon. What a team, and what a management team we have!

At this stage of the season most of us reflect and consider where points were lost or gained. By my reckoning we could easily have gained between 5-7 more points, but it's a learning curve and the players will, hopefully, absorb the lessons that the Prem presents, mainly that chances taken as well as ruthlessness when in possession, are things we need to improve on. Overall we've had a spectacular season, far in excess of anything I thought we might achieve. My bad for underestimating the talent pool we have to call upon. What a team, and what a management team we have!
Spot on .Who could possibly complain .

At this stage of the season most of us reflect and consider where points were lost

Yeah I agree now a little time to reflect on the season. I do think at the start there was a nervousness from the players/staff. Even from myself turning up at Stamford Bridge thinking let’s see how good we are but deep down thinking this could be 5. I think there was a nervousness from everyone. We were told the formation would get destroyed (had confidence but didn’t think be this successful) So I think next season wont be as a big thing turning up at these grounds as we know if we perform we have the ability.

Formation excellent I wouldn’t change anything major but sure CWAK will keep tweaking us to improve.

Goalkeeper - Great (got young keepers beneath also)

Defence -Great again (think we need a RWB to replace Freeman and cover for Basham and depending on Jagielka someone in for him)

Midfield -Great can see us just supplementing the squad with 1/2. Can see Freeman being sold so someone to replace him.

Strikers - Good. But that’s as a collective,McB looks to have nailed his place in the squad down and was getting better and better. Mousset seems to have nailed his name down as Sub (but someone who could do it). Then it’s Sharp / Didzy who have been fantastic but getting older. I can see us Shifting Robinson on and signing another
striker for big money.

Yeah I agree now a little time to reflect on the season. I do think at the start there was a nervousness from the players/staff. Even from myself turning up at Stamford Bridge thinking let’s see how good we are but deep down thinking this could be 5. I think there was a nervousness from everyone. We were told the formation would get destroyed (had confidence but didn’t think be this successful) So I think next season wont be as a big thing turning up at these grounds as we know if we perform we have the ability.

Formation excellent I wouldn’t change anything major but sure CWAK will keep tweaking us to improve.

Goalkeeper - Great (got young keepers beneath also)

Defence -Great again (think we need a RWB to replace Freeman and cover for Basham and depending on Jagielka someone in for him)

Midfield -Great can see us just supplementing the squad with 1/2. Can see Freeman being sold so someone to replace him.

Strikers - Good. But that’s as a collective,McB looks to have nailed his place in the squad down and was getting better and better. Mousset seems to have nailed his name down as Sub (but someone who could do it). Then it’s Sharp / Didzy who have been fantastic but getting older. I can see us Shifting Robinson on and signing another
striker for big money.

Changes are inevitable. Robinson's bound to leave, where and for how much remains to be seen. I think that Luke Freeman was bought with the best of intentions, but opportunity and an uncertainty about his contribution puts a question mark over his future here. Football's a strange game, so expecting a player to be moved on can change should form and a set of variables affect what many of us considered a given. I expect departures, whether this includes fringe players or players who seem a shoo-in at the time. You never really know what's happening behind the scenes, so departures will happen, and as for incoming players.....? Who can tell?

Agree largely with the above. Such is the ridiculous sums of money being in the Prem, it’s worth buying players who may end up being a waste (Robinson a key example). The longer you stay there, your worse players leave and are often replaced by people better than the first team.

My main wish was someone who other fans would say “you just can’t get the ball off him”, which I presume will be Berge.

Goalscorer is next. We have the flamboyant quality (Mousset) so it’s a younger Billy we need (an Ings type). Someone who just clearly has the quality to play in this league and will regularly score. I don’t think that’ll ever be McBurnie, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom