Incoming? Darragh Lenihan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We went for him last year and he messed around. He didn’t have a great season either.

Not sure I believe we are indeed in for him.

Jake Eastwood in net at Dean Court then

Or Jake Eastwood in net at Old Trafford if Deano arrives back on loan

I think CW mentioned having 3 GK's in the 25 man squad. Deano, Jake and one other to come in if SM leaves and I suspect SM aint going anywhere until both Deano and A N Other arrives

We went for him last year and he messed around. He didn’t have a great season either.

Not sure I believe we are indeed in for him.
He damaged an ankle very early in the season and wasn't fit until new year.Blackburn are supposed to have turned an enquiry from us last August.The injury put paid to any subsequent move ,maybe we have moved in for him again.

He damaged an ankle very early in the season and wasn't fit until new year.Blackburn are supposed to have turned an enquiry from us last August.The injury put paid to any subsequent move ,maybe we have moved in for him again.
Was he the number 26 who wanted to take all the free kicks, corner's and throw in when we played them at the Lane?

Obviously trying hard to impress CWAK

Looks like Wilder is finally getting his man. Could be a shrewd bit of business for them to be fair.

Predictable indeed. We should have signed him first season in the Prem. Will certainly strengthen Middlesbrough who will be in contention again

Predictable indeed. We should have signed him first season in the Prem. Will certainly strengthen Middlesbrough who will be in contention again
Though in fairness doesn't he play the same role as Dijkstil? And Fry seems to be well regarded.

As soon as we extended Basham, no chance he was joining with us in the Championship.

He’s a good free signing to be fair, although he’ll be on decent wages no doubt. WBA and Boro seem to be making early moves with some good signings and will both be stronger next season, I suspect.

He’s a good free signing to be fair, although he’ll be on decent wages no doubt. WBA and Boro seem to be making early moves with some good signings and will both be stronger next season, I suspect.
As Darren referred, these aren't free at all. They aren't unwanted players.

They are after pocketing a large percentage of what their fee would have been and large wages.

They are good signings maybe if you go up. I.e. you get Lenihan, Rothwell, Wallace, take their wages, take their multimillion signing on fee in the knowledge you've not lavished the full 10m+ the club may have wanted.

In the Championship, there's no way any club is giving 10m to another. It's fees or wages and probably not both. Most are from the same pool. So Boro get him, but then post parachute, they've probably pushed the wages to the limit and lost some of their kitty.

We'll probably be looking at one or two who fancy stepping up, easy to accomodate wages and a manageable fee if they are possibly out of contract in a year or the club simply can't turn down a large bid. This may or may not apply to MK Dons with Twine and Darling, Oxford with Branaghan etc. I can well imagine on the whole this is the pool we're more inclined towards.

Problem we once more face is that we will only need certain players if others leave i.e. if Berge stays then Wallace isn't going to join you for a place on the bench or rotational role. If Berge leaves for a tidy sum, then maybe we would have an interest and with an 8 figure incoming funds we'd possibly be more open to a hefty signing on fee for Wallace.

I don't think this is the pool we are at right now but the issue is going to be timing. When someone firms up an interest in Berge, then who is left?

Last edited:
Boro and WBA are looking strong, but it still early doors.
It is frustrating seeing players we were linked with go elsewhere, but most of them were links under different managers, let's see what Hecky has in store.
Just looked at Boro's squad and assuming they sign Leninhan he's their first signing. Boro are already good at the back as a rule, it's going forward where their problems lie, and as we all know, signing decent forwards is the hardest thing to recruit and generally the most expensive. They've also got a very big squad of 32 players, although many are younger pros. Boro will sell Spence though and when they do that's a huge bonus for them. No one had really heard of Djed Spence until last season, now there's talk of Bayern Munich coming in!

I love the way our "Fans" are so quick to beat the club up. When the window slams shut say your piece based on what has happened not on supposition.

Some "fans" might see the lack at permanent transfers as an issue. Some "fans" may also think that loans are not the best way to invest limited funds. And lastly, some "fans" can express frustrations on what they feel is a questionable approach to the window.

I think we all know it’s the sides that are consistent in this division that end up at the top, the teams that build progressively add the odd player over 2 or three seasons and create a tight nit squad. How your suppose to create a team when each season your taking a punt on loans is beyond me, because you get far more Olsens and Hogans than you do Hendos and MGW - its not very consistent. Mid table is my prediction, but as long as we win/draw more than we lose I’m happy.

Back
Top Bottom