Player Suggestion Daniel Sturridge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd take Sturridge right now if he's interested, as I'd trust the club to structure the deal correctly and not pay over the odds.
He'd be another in the; if he wants to play at the top level and is hungry to do that at the expense of the Benjamin's, then we'd be daft to rule him out.

I'd take Sturridge right now if he's interested, as I'd trust the club to structure the deal correctly and not pay over the odds.
He'd be another in the; if he wants to play at the top level and is hungry to do that at the expense of the Benjamin's, then we'd be daft to rule him out.

Pay as you play deal considering his fitness history.

Pay as you play deal considering his fitness history.
would make sense to me with nice juicy goal and PL survival bonus'. Maybe even turn to a 2 year deal if he plays x games and we stay up.
Our guys know what they're doing, and the only downside is he's more suited to the Didsy role but he can do both when we need him to.
All depends on what he wants from what's left of his career.

I think at this moment in time I'd take him providing he doesn't want £100k a week and he can play until Moose gets fit 😂

I’m in the minority here it seems.

Claims he wants a prem move. So that puts us in with a chance.
Scoring rate is superb. Played and scored at international level.
Has everything you’d want of a goal scorer.

Obviously had some shockers with injuries. It was said that a lot of it being in his head and just refusing to play because he didn’t feel 100%. This means two things....1. He needs a thorough medical from prospective employer
2. He’s hardly worn out..like a low mileage used car that’s been looked after by your Doting grandad. Never been over 3k revs, kept in the garage and cleaned after every outing!

So, has a lot to prove, won’t need the money and if he’s serious would be well prepared to accept a deal befitting of his current and recent history of injuries with various incentives. £5k a week basic...£5k playing bonus (70mins)...£10k a goal.
Play or be on the bench for 80% of games get a bonus and immediate extra year option with view to pay rise and increase.

Anyone feel that a £5k a week one year deal with those incentives is too much of a risk for a premier league club? Get Wilder in his ear...Prestridge on with the conditioning you could have a world class striker on your hands.
For me, if the deal was financially right for the club it’s a no brainier and a smaller risk than many others.
As a player, I have always liked him. He wasn’t afraid to move from high flying Chelsea to Liverpool as a youngster, so he still has some credit in the bag. Injuries aside he could easily be the next Didsy. Then again, we’ve already got Burke! How many football orphans can Wilder cope with? 🤷‍♂️

As a player, I have always liked him. He wasn’t afraid to move from high flying Chelsea to Liverpool as a youngster, so he still has some credit in the bag. Injuries aside he could easily be the next Didsy. Then again, we’ve already got Burke! How many football orphans can Wilder cope with? 🤷‍♂️
He only a year younger than Dids though so while he may help a transition if funds are tight for a couple of seasons, he not the replacement.

no no no, a past it injury prone player. Might be good to keep Moose company whilst he’s injured...

It doesn't quote any sort of source? Click bait shit. Anyone can make a statement and make a few paragraphs up. Sheffield United are making a shock move to bring former striker Michael Higdon out of retirement as they look to bolster there attacking options after a disappointing start to the new Premier League season.

Did goldi come with a injury record that seems to have turned out ok free for this year why not

No, No, No and No - what the hell is going on at BL....get Brewster signed !

One year deal, option for second.
Low basic with heavy incentives based on fitness and availability to play at the level Wilder expects.
Goal bonus...stay up bonus....tell me, how would this be a worse deal than whatever we have paid say Morrison last season....or Jags perhaps.

He’s got the ability, of that there’s no doubt. Experience to pass on....if he wants it he’d take a deal that suits both him and the club

Would take only if another comes in. If this is the only one we sign it reeks of desperation.

His injury record isn't great, but that's the kind of gamble we have taken before and will need to again.

At the end of the day, Sturridge is a great finisher when on form.

no no no, a past it injury prone player. Might be good to keep Moose company whilst he’s injured...
Has he had further serious injury problems since 2014/15?
Played at least 20 games a season apart from last season where the gambling stuff curtailed his season early. He’s averaging closer to 25 games/season discounting that ban last season after 16 games, where he would easily have topped 25 appearances. McGoldrick only played 28 league games last season.
He’d be an exciting signing with Brewster.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom