Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 2nd January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CRY
CRY
CRY

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609325633820.png v. 1609325641621.png
EPL Week 17 - Saturday 2nd January 2021 - Selhurst Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/crystal-palace-vs-sheffield-united.525/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Richard West

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 10.56.28.png

It's almost impossible to remain positive now.

We have no midfield, don't create anything like enough chances and are an absolute shell of the team that has entertained us so much in recent years.

1-0 Palace, after about 80% possession.

We've had it so good the last few years so let's not forget that. Standing strong and loyal during the bad times is the least our manager deserves.
Palace will be tough but i'm going for our first win here as they are struggling lately. 1-0 Blades.

View attachment 101753
We always give the opposition a goal so if you’re going for a win I’d go for 2-1. We won’t win though, they’ll go 1 nil up and that will be the game over as a contest.

I hope we manage to ‘institutionally bully’ Zaha again because at least then we might have to put in some effort to one aspect of our game. The problem is this season if Stevens tries to kick him he’ll miss.

We always give the opposition a goal so if you’re going for a win I’d go for 2-1. We won’t win though, they’ll go 1 nil up and that will be the game over as a contest.

I hope we manage to ‘institutionally bully’ Zaha again because at least then we might have to put in some effort to one aspect of our game. The problem is this season if Stevens tries to kick him he’ll miss.
I'm really looking forward to Zaha doing his bambi on ice impression and going over when someone blows on him.

Heard Hackford will be involved on the bench. There is space considering we only named 7 subs against Burnley.

Would it be too bold of me to say I see us picking up a point tomorrow? I can dream can't I?

Lets smash em, still be undefeated this year, onwards and upwards, oops got carried away

Take more shots, test their keeper, adopt a ‘last day, must win’ attitude each and every game, and remember we’re playing eleven other blokes and not effin’ Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet. And as much as it pains me to quote that annoying Kop chant it’s valid here on in: “Attack. Attack. Attack, attack, attack!” UTB and Wilder In.

Heard Hackford will be involved on the bench. There is space considering we only named 7 subs against Burnley.
United might decide to reach down and drag an Academy Kid or two for a number of reasons. Covid problems. Injuries. Shake it up. Give someone some experience. (Of course, who they choose might depend on what positions they want/need to cover). Antwoine Hackford would be an interesting choice if what you say is true.

A cold hard look at his "stats" mark Antwoine out. Bizarrely, and hear me out, because of how FEW games he's played. He's played so few games & scored hardly any goals because he's been promoted up the age groups so quickly. Even the Carrier Bag Firm have had very few chances to set eyes on him. Turn it 180. From our ignorant, not ITK position, that means he's highly thought of at the Academy.

As U15 qualified in 2018/19, he made 5 U18 Sub appearances (could be 6, details of one game are difficult to track down)
As U16 qualified in 2019/20 he made 4 U18 Sub appearances & 1 U23 Sub appearance

Read that again, before this current 2020/21 season, in which he's U17 qualified, Antwoine had never started an U18/U23 game (that pesky no details one not withstanding)

This 2020/21 season, Antwoine has made
3 Starts, 1 Sub appearance and scored 2 Goals at U18
And made 7 Starts and scored 1 Goal at U23

Across his entire "career" he's only started 10 times (3 goals). But 7 of those 10 starts have been at U23. When he came on as a sub for the U23s in March 2020, he was still 15. (Frankie Maguire has also played for the U23s as a 15 year old)

So FEW games, yet already basically an Under 23 regular is why Antwoine looks "an outlier" in the Stats. That's all I've got.

United might decide to reach down and drag an Academy Kid or two for a number of reasons. Covid problems. Injuries. Shake it up. Give someone some experience. (Of course, who they choose might depend on what positions they want/need to cover). Antwoine Hackford would be an interesting choice if what you say is true.

A cold hard look at his "stats" mark Antwoine out. Bizarrely, and hear me out, because of how FEW games he's played. He's played so few games & scored hardly any goals because he's been promoted up the age groups so quickly. Even the Carrier Bag Firm have had very few chances to set eyes on him. Turn it 180. From our ignorant, not ITK position, that means he's highly thought of at the Academy.

As U15 qualified in 2018/19, he made 5 U18 Sub appearances (could be 6, details of one game are difficult to track down)
As U16 qualified in 2019/20 he made 4 U18 Sub appearances & 1 U23 Sub appearance

Read that again, before this current 2020/21 season, in which he's U17 qualified, Antwoine had never started an U18/U23 game (that pesky no details one not withstanding)

Across his entire "career" he's only started 10 times (3 goals). But 7 of those 10 starts have been at U23. When he came on as a sub for the U23s in March 2020, he was still 15. (Frankie Maguire has also played for the U23s as a 15 year old)

So FEW games, yet already basically an Under 23 regular is why Antwoine looks "an outlier" in the Stats. That's all I've got.

Yeah I expected him to feature regularly at u23s but began there and then was put back to the u18s.

He has not played much football this year and not kicked on maybe after a bit of hype and first team involvement pre season. This rumoured call up maybe is just as we have no one and a bit of a punt from Wilder. However the likes of Rodwell may aswell leave if he is still not getting even a place on the bench.

Hackford being called up will be a bit of a kick in the teeth for the likes of Brunt also you would think? Suppose that's how Football works and if Wilder/Knill have seen a gem they know giving him a chance to be in the squad is good experience.

Our u18s/u23s play at essentially a much lower level than every other Prem League teams respective young sides. Its a huge leap to even play Lg 1/2 Or even National League level. Tyler Smith and Slater are not regulars at Lg 1. The lad Park house could not even get on the field for Hartlepool and they have sent him back.

Our young lads are prob miles off Prem League standard on the evidence above but I suppose now and again you may have one come through and surprise but the academy is nowhere near the level it was 10-15 years ago in terms of how every one else in the top 20-30 teams inn the UK has just seared above us for youth recruitment, coaching, facilities and level they compete at.

* When Hackford comes off the bench to score the winner I will gladly come on here and say what a load of b*****s the above is.

Going further back, my mate taught him, he's now taking credit for moving him up to play for the y9s when he was in y8 😂

If Hackford (and I can't honestly remember who it was on the video) was the lad who scored a couple of decent free kicks, he'd be worth 15 minutes just for that opportunity. We've played games where 1 or even 2 players have barely had an impact, putting a youngster on isn't going to be any worse for the team.

Going further back, my mate taught him, he's now taking credit for moving him up to play for the y9s when he was in y8 😂
I know a bloke pretty well who was senior in the academy at the lane when we brought Walker, Naughton, Lowton etc and before that Jags, Monty and Tonge and also latterly was involved with a younger Maguire. He still calls them all ‘his lads’ despite the fact that he’s on his 2nd club since he left us working in similar roles. If Walker or Maguire ever won a tournament with England he’d claim he’d won it 😂

Where this hackford news has come from.

Attachments

• 6F424DAE-96EB-4CA3-AFD3-E4D52B71D043.jpeg
    6F424DAE-96EB-4CA3-AFD3-E4D52B71D043.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 67
I haven't seen that picture and wouldn't know who that is from the back, even if it was a first team regular, never mind a young lad 😂

Well studying the picture, he is 16 so he cant drive and got a lift. Looking at the car its interior doesnt look like an expensive car however anthonytruth08 who allegedly took the picture is a boxer and his surname is Tomlinson not Hackford ? Plus I cant see the picture on his instagram, facebook or twitter.

Could be the cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom