Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 1st Feb 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CRY
CRY
CRY

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1580225437689.png v. 1580225444880.png
EPL Week 25 - Saturday 1st February 2020 - Selhurst Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/crystal-palace-vs-sheffield-united.489/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Antony Coggins
Video Assistant Referee: Tim Robinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 15.32.06.png

Visiting Supporters Guide:

• There is no public parking at the stadium and supporters should adhere to local parking restrictions as parking enforcement will be in operation
  • Drivers may be able to find suitable parking spaces by visiting driveway rental sites JustPark, Your Parking Space or Primal Parking - at their own risk
  • There are no pubs in the local vicinity that will allow visiting supporters, but our turnstiles will be open 2hrs before kick off
  • The visiting supporters concourse has it’s own DJ, we will run a competition for your younger supporters with Sheffield United branded prizes to be won and 2 supporters under 12 years old will have the opportunity to take part in our half time challenge which will take place on the pitch (weather permitting)
  • We have a Fan Zone which will be open from 12pm - all supporters are welcome on production of a valid matchday ticket
  • We have an early bird offer which consists of a burger or hotdog with a beer for £7 and is available inside the stadium for up to 1 hour before kick-off.
  • We are a cashless stadium so supporters will need to make sure that they bring a debit/credit card with them
  • The price of a programme is £3.50
  • The visiting supporter’s ticket office is located at Entrance 4 on Park Road and will be open from 12.30pm for collections and duplicates (I have attached a copy of our Stadium Map)
  • On match days we operate a text alert system for supporters who wish to report any issues/incidents of discriminatory abuse/antisocial behaviour …. The number is 07507 477669 and they should include the nature of issue/incident and the exact location in the text.
  • Only bags small enough to fit under a seat will be permitted into the Stadium subject to a full search at the turnstiles, but we have a left luggage facility at the Information Centre which is free of charge.
Further information, including concourse menus and prices, can be found in our Visiting Supporters guide https://www.cpfc.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/faqs-and-guides/1920-visiting-supporters-guide-1.pdf

In all the excitement, we've got a game at Palace tomorrow. A toughie as usual, but can we make it 20th time lucky?

United have now gone 19 Premier League games in the capital without winning:
Arsenal (2020); Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs (2019); Charlton, Chelsea (2007); West Ham, Arsenal, Fulham, Spurs (2006); Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham (1994); Arsenal, Wimbledon, QPR, Wimbledon, Arsenal (1993); Crystal Palace (1992). Our last win there was 2-1 at Chelsea on 31/10/1992 (Littlejohn, Deane).

I was there. But my memory is horrific, at a guess crica 01/02 season (purely because I did a hell of a lot of games back then - and no loyalty points :) )
Thinking about it a little harder (but not too much - it's Friday after all) it must have been pre 2000 as I was living in London at the time. Must have been 97/98 maybe. I'll check the interwebz. Bear with.....

While I get the excitement around SB, Besic more than deserves a starting position tomorrow. He has waited patiently for JLs form to dip, supported the squad, and performed well when asked to step in. A first team shirt should always be earned regardless of your name, standing, reputation, or price tag and there should be no short cuts around that at The Lane.

Is it Iceberg, Bergerac or Quarter pound Burger with fries? Or are we just calling him Sander?

In all the excitement, we've got a game at Palace tomorrow. A toughie as usual, but can we make it 20th time lucky?

United have now gone 19 Premier League games in the capital without winning:
Arsenal (2020); Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs (2019); Charlton, Chelsea (2007); West Ham, Arsenal, Fulham, Spurs (2006); Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham (1994); Arsenal, Wimbledon, QPR, Wimbledon, Arsenal (1993); Crystal Palace (1992). Our last win there was 2-1 at Chelsea on 31/10/1992 (Littlejohn, Deane).
Watford?

While I get the excitement around SB, Besic more than deserves a starting position tomorrow. He has waited patiently for JLs form to dip, supported the squad, and performed well when asked to step in. A first team shirt should always be earned regardless of your name, standing, reputation, or price tag and there should be no short cuts around that at The Lane.

Besides all that, it's vital the lad gets to know our system and our way of playing down to a T. He'll have seen videos and the like, but you can't really get to grips with it all after one training session. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we didn't see him feature tomorrow.

Besides all that, it's vital the lad gets to know our system and our way of playing down to a T. He'll have seen videos and the like, but you can't really get to grips with it all after one training session. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we didn't see him feature tomorrow.

Agree.....I’d be shocked if Berge comes on at anytime tomorrow.
Also agree.....Besic is finding some form....so he’ll be involved.

The day at Palace Rob Kozluck took a throw in with two balls at once to waste time was hilarious.

Not in 'das kapital'. Not yet, anyway.
Yep, not officially in London but it's inside the M25 and has a tube station, so I'm going to bring up our win there in 06-07. We've won plenty of times in London in recent years, not in the PL granted, but we've only had one PL season in the past 25 years (before the current season).

despite the cost and his pedigree I wouldn’t expect us to see the best of Sander till next season. We might have to be patient with this guy! He’s for the future

despite the cost and his pedigree I wouldn’t expect us to see the best of Sander till next season. We might have to be patient with this guy! He’s for the future
You know us blades don’t deal well with being patient! Gerrim on transfer list!

Back
Top Bottom