Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 1st Feb 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CRY
CRY
CRY

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1580225437689.png v. 1580225444880.png
EPL Week 25 - Saturday 1st February 2020 - Selhurst Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/crystal-palace-vs-sheffield-united.489/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Antony Coggins
Video Assistant Referee: Tim Robinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 15.32.06.png

Visiting Supporters Guide:

• There is no public parking at the stadium and supporters should adhere to local parking restrictions as parking enforcement will be in operation
  • Drivers may be able to find suitable parking spaces by visiting driveway rental sites JustPark, Your Parking Space or Primal Parking - at their own risk
  • There are no pubs in the local vicinity that will allow visiting supporters, but our turnstiles will be open 2hrs before kick off
  • The visiting supporters concourse has it’s own DJ, we will run a competition for your younger supporters with Sheffield United branded prizes to be won and 2 supporters under 12 years old will have the opportunity to take part in our half time challenge which will take place on the pitch (weather permitting)
  • We have a Fan Zone which will be open from 12pm - all supporters are welcome on production of a valid matchday ticket
  • We have an early bird offer which consists of a burger or hotdog with a beer for £7 and is available inside the stadium for up to 1 hour before kick-off.
  • We are a cashless stadium so supporters will need to make sure that they bring a debit/credit card with them
  • The price of a programme is £3.50
  • The visiting supporter’s ticket office is located at Entrance 4 on Park Road and will be open from 12.30pm for collections and duplicates (I have attached a copy of our Stadium Map)
  • On match days we operate a text alert system for supporters who wish to report any issues/incidents of discriminatory abuse/antisocial behaviour …. The number is 07507 477669 and they should include the nature of issue/incident and the exact location in the text.
  • Only bags small enough to fit under a seat will be permitted into the Stadium subject to a full search at the turnstiles, but we have a left luggage facility at the Information Centre which is free of charge.
Further information, including concourse menus and prices, can be found in our Visiting Supporters guide https://www.cpfc.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/faqs-and-guides/1920-visiting-supporters-guide-1.pdf

Can't understand why Palace did do little in the window.

They failed both windows to replace Wissaka.

Have limited forward options but just did one in, one out. And Tosun is injured I think.

Bit negligent in their part.

Keep Zaha under wraps and I think we have a chance.

We have a few wildcard options in the forwards now too.

Because they are drab, boring team, with a drab, boring manager, in a drab and boring part of London, stuffed with drab, boring championship quality players, with the second lowest goals scored stats, who don’t have any £’s, and who rely upon one player’s individual brilliance and penalties to pick up enough points for survival? Unless you turn out for Aleppo FC, I suspect most players of any quality would rather stay out & hope someone else comes in for them.

What year was it when the match ball was being delivered by a parachutist who hit the roof before falling to the pitch? String?

It was Sunday 27th September 1998 (looked that up on Soccerbase), the match was on Sky and I remember Steve Bruce getting the man of the match award.

Because they are drab, boring team, with a drab, boring manager, in a drab and boring part of London, stuffed with drab, boring championship quality players, with the second lowest goals scored stats, who don’t have any £’s, and who rely upon one player’s individual brilliance and penalties to pick up enough points for survival? Unless you turn out for Aleppo FC, I suspect most players of any quality would rather stay out & hope someone else comes in for them.
Bit disrespectful that. I've always had them and Charlton down as two of the better London clubs, engineered support apart. If Palace are on it today it could be a banana skin for us.

Last time I was down there the Palace fans said that hardly any now lived in that part of London and all travelled in from other areas. It did seem a bit grotty.

Zinger to come on and net the winner from 30yards, then take his top off to reveal a "I hate Wednesday" t shirt, VAR will check to see if this is a bookable offence, to which they will deem NO as they hate the c£&#s too

Any team news? :)

Besic keeping his place?

McGoldrick fit to return?

Berge debut?

Who starts up front?

Are the other 2 from yesterday ineligible?

I'm sadly quite confident that we won't lose this afternoon, and to be fair that's starting to get ahead of ourselves. With the other fixtures this weekend, we have a remarkable chance to move up a few positions, and scarily even close in on a CL qualification spot... lol. However let's just get today out of the way. And in the next breath I'll mention our next 3 league games are all at home, v Bournemouth, v Birighton, v Norwich. Get the right result today, and some of my silly comments a couple of sentences ago are actually looking possible... however, this is football. 1-1 today or a Blades 2-1 win.

safe journey all.

UTB

Hendo
Georgios Baldockastopholopalous
Bashambauer
Egan
JOC
Enda
Mo
Norwood
Fleck
McBurnie
Moose/Sharp

Bench
Sharp/Moose
Lundstram
Berge
Verrips
New Robbo
Osborn (swap with McG if fit)
Retsos (if available)

Don't think Zivko will be up to it yet, hasn't been in China for 3 weeks apparently so can't have been playing.

It’s still the close season in China. they weren’t going to start until mid February, though now it’s all postponed.

My usual streams haven’t been very reliable lately, so any links would be appreciated

According to a someone on here, the rumour is that Berge starts, which is a strange one.
I dont think it's that strange to get your record signing on the pitch asap. I hope he starts I wanna see the geezer play. And based off nowt other than a few short clips from our twitter I've decided hes clever enough to understand the system straight off 😂

I'd put Sharp upfront with Mc Burnie unless Didsey is fit. I'd bring Moose on after 60 mins. Besic would also keep his place.

Berge to start?

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
Baldock Berge Norwood Fleck Stevens
Sharp McBurnie

Regardless of if they should, are all the signings available to play - registration etc??

Anyone going from the south,I'm travelling up from Burgess hill to meet a mate who is palace

After what Jan Åge Fjørtoft said about Berge I can’t wait for him to play

My team...

Henderson
Basham Egan O'Connell
Baldock Norwood Besic Fleck Stevens
McBurnie Sharp

Subs;
Verrips
Jagielka
Osborn
Berge
Lundstram
L.Freeman
Mousset

Non eligible;
Zikhovic
Retsos

Injured;
McGoldrick

Misses out;
Rodwell
K.Freeman
J.Robinson
Moore

You'd think this has to be about right.
Although I can see Mousse coming in for Sharp... And dare I say it... Berge starting at the expense of Besic/Lundstrum

Crystal Palace are always one of those clubs I think have 'overchieved', they have only spent three seasons in the third tier since 1964.

Back
Top Bottom