Crouchy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dave

Reaction score
Been speaking to my mates about this one. Apart from passing the pod (if you know, you know), i think he would be a fantastic risk free option. Free transfer, PL experience, one year deal, different option on the bench, another attacking set piece threat and defensive option. If we go down, get rid, stay up, get rid as well.

Burnley bought him as plan B. They are a team we need to aspire to be like. If hes good enough for Dyche hes good enough for me.

Because the great Burnley hastily signed him as a last resort mid season I'm sure he'd be great for us.

But even if he's totally useless we should still sign him because he does a podcast.

Been speaking to my mates about this one. Apart from passing the pod (if you know, you know), i think he would be a fantastic risk free option. Free transfer, PL experience, one year deal, different option on the bench, another attacking set piece threat and defensive option. If we go down, get rid, stay up, get rid as well.

Burnley bought him as plan B. They are a team we need to aspire to be like. If hes good enough for Dyche hes good enough for me.

He'd be on here posting all the time, never be fit.

CW says he's going for young players so by my reckoning forget Crouch and delete the Jags thread

...........as long as Abby Clancy modelled the new kit ;)

UTB

I think there's room for one old head with experience in the squad, if they have the right attitude and attributes.

Not saying these specifically but someone like a Cahill or a Jagielka for example. Not sure Crouch fits the bill but I wouldn't be surprised for Wilder to go for one player in that mould.

Focusing on young up and coming, or players with points to prove is great, but it doesn't mean that there are absolutely no older heads out there worth a short term deal.

Aspiring to do what Burnley has done doesn’t mean we should go the same way about it. They are a horrible side to watch playing boring agricultural football, it’s no wonder they signed Crouch as he suits their style. He wouldn’t suit ours.

Last January I'd have thought he was great for the rest of the season, I think his Prem days are done now, might be a good option for a 1st division team.

He's scored only 28 goals over his last 5 seasons in the Premiership in 146 games.

That's not a good return and only around 6 goals per season.

For all we know Billy and Didzy will get more than 6 each, and they'll cost us nothing.

Crouch is a top bloke but his Premiership days are over and he's not what we need. 6 goals a season will not fire us to safety.

No thanks.

If we could sign Voulkes with his massive long throw, actually Crouch could be an option as plan B
Just on a one year contract as long as he wasn’t asking for stupid money

Back
Top Bottom